Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Barnes getting a bit of stick

1 hour ago, Ray said:

And there lies the problem, he repeats it a lot, reaffirming it to himself.  Players do not have to be intellectually gifted (I have no idea if he is or is not), however some appropriate mindset coaching can but help.

Again, he's answering media questions. It's very rarely what they're actually thinking but what they think they should say to the media. It's very rarely worth reading anything into.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Don't think he's been banned, see on the book of faces someone who knows them saying they decided to pack it in for abit after getting abit of trouble from Leeds fans. 

Also, I saw that comment as being a bit sarcastic if I'm honest. Don't think in any way does she actually crave the drummer back. 

Oh ok, I thought I read somewhere he had been giving a football banning order for a while.

It's pretty sad he got stick from other supporters but I suppose thats football. Walking around with a drum will always draw attention.

15 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Oh ok, I thought I read somewhere he had been giving a football banning order for a while.

It's pretty sad he got stick from other supporters but I suppose thats football. Walking around with a drum will always draw attention.

You may be right, I just thought I'd add what I see 🤣🤣 who knows, maybe it's like Madeline mccann and we'll never know where the drum really went. 

Either way it's pretty sad to be honest, ban or stick. 

15 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Isn't the lad also at Uni somewhere down South. Unless he comes from a very wealthy family I can't see him travelling back very often. I know when I was at Uni, I restricted my attendance to term holidays and away matches in South Yorkshire etc (and a Wembley cup final). He may well have a season ticket, but the travel costs will be horrendous for a student. 

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Isn't the lad also at Uni somewhere down South. Unless he comes from a very wealthy family I can't see him travelling back very often. I know when I was at Uni, I restricted my attendance to term holidays and away matches in South Yorkshire etc (and a Wembley cup final). He may well have a season ticket, but the travel costs will be horrendous for a student. 

Travel costs would be even higher if he has to buy another seat for the drum... 😉

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

The support has been very poor at CR for a while (since the drummer disappeared at least) and in general that is down to a number of factors not least our poor performances (despite the recent upturn). It was the snakepit which led the support last night and the general apathy is huge, a real issue now, which is a shame.

However, if the powers that be could perhaps bring back the flags and allow another, or the drummer in I suspect with our upturn and the likes of Rowe and Sainz performing better/well it would uplift it immensely.

CR when devoid of support is a cold venue

I'll admit my vocal support has reduced a lot and I hardly join in with singing at all now. I hardly bother singing OTBC anymore either.

I can't really explain why; possibly the rubbish we saw with Dean Smith and Wagner has taken its toll and there's only so much crap football and defensive mistakes you can take so I can't engage with anything good!

I'm also struggling though as in my head I don't want Wagner here and it may take a while to change that mindset. Last night was a step in the right direction and that Sainz goal is more brilliant the more you watch it, as is the build up to the 2nd goal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

Ah yeah, I didn't catch that bit. The fact that he mentioned it, perhaps means that it has bothered him and the other players. I'm sure they've discussed it.

It's difficult. I guess he will now be 'persona non grata' like all the others who have commented about the negativity.

You can see how together the squad is with the manager though. Great team celebration after Sainz goal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Barnes looked a bit miffed when celebrating his second goal - think Idah came to put an arm on and he threw it off. He just knew he should have had one of those first-half chances he got.

Thought he’d be more miffed after the game when he realised he’d only scored one ( big smile and wink )

I think it's fair enough for him to get a bit of stick for missing those chances and the lacklustre performances in general. Fans need something to get behind and players have to do something a bit special before they can be afforded any kind of elevated status. It's fair to say that Barnes doesn't yet have much credit in the bank.

Maybe his goal finally came as a result of him realising that he had something to prove? It's a two way thing. People will love him if he creates a bit of a spark. We've seen a few flashes but not a lot else, at least until he actually found the net last night.

• Like 2

To be fair when players don’t play well or look half arsed for a few games they should be happy to get some stick! Part of the game, they should be more concerned that if they don’t perform they get dropped! But a few seam to be undroppable at the moment. Great to see the energy of Rowe & Sainz along with quality and work rate! A good night all round an I for one would like to see a little bit more from Barnes as he’s certainly not at his best as he was first five games!

Edited by Indy

9 hours ago, Ray said:

Didier Drogba, “The mental side is 90% of football.”  

My whole working life has been about psychology in a sense so it’s not surprising I agree with this. I’m of persuasion that we are missing something in this department. As mentioned I compare us to WBA who I watch a lot on TV, a very ordinary side, but a mental strength is evident; the last away game v them was a classic example, much like our game v Sunderland, taking the lead spooks us. 

Corbs1, I wholeheartedly agree. In the past I worked with Prem Players privately, a few from NCFC, but I'm pretty much retired, could be persuaded out for the right motivation of course👍🤣

3 hours ago, Indy said:

To be fair when players don’t play well or look half arsed for a few games they should be happy to get some stick! Part of the game, they should be more concerned that if they don’t perform they get dropped! But a few seam to be undroppable at the moment. Great to see the energy of Rowe & Sainz along with quality and work rate! A good night all round an I for one would like to see a little bit more from Barnes as he’s certainly not at his best as he was first five games!

I don't think Barnes warrants any stick. I don't think anyone could accuse him of being half-@rsed. The negativity against our team is at ridiculously high levels now. Perhaps it's constantly being bombarded with it throughout the week in social media.

The weirdest thing is this season is turning out much as most people thought it would. So it's not disappointment or expectations not being met. 

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think Barnes warrants any stick. I don't think anyone could accuse him of being half-@rsed. The negativity against our team is at ridiculously high levels now. Perhaps it's constantly being bombarded with it throughout the week in social media.

The weirdest thing is this season is turning out much as most people thought it would. So it's not disappointment or expectations not being met. 

I never said he was half arsed, I made a point of being off form like Barnes, or half arsed! He isn’t anywhere near his form of the start and deserves some stick with that performance yesterday! He’s a striker who should battle for the ball humped forwards, he never did just jogging about and I don’t blame him for missing the two chances first half that’s football but his fitness for me is still questionable!

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

I never said he was half arsed, I made a point of being off form like Barnes, or half arsed! He isn’t anywhere near his form of the start and deserves some stick with that performance yesterday! He’s a striker who should battle for the ball humped forwards, he never did just jogging about and I don’t blame him for missing the two chances first half that’s football but his fitness for me is still questionable!

He certainl;y isn't as fit as early season but I would say that's due to his injury and time out. He has to play otherwise we'd have just one fit striker. he deserves support, not criticism. It's got to rididulous levels now. Do we really want our own players telling our fans to "duck off" after they score a goal? 

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

Fans on Canary Call phoning in and calling it "The worst 3-1 i've ever seen" and bigging up the opposition and Wednesday all night. Ryan Jarvis wasn't having it thankfully and put some idiots right on it.

But I've never seen a group of fans so determined to not support, that at 2-1 up the loudest chant was about the referee taking a sh*t.

Barnes is right, and Wednesday fans are right. Until Rowe's third, our fans were f*cking ****.

But were you singing non stop? 

Here was his chance to endear himself to the fans but he's giving the ball away time and again, giving away free kicks and generally failing to hold the ball up and link up play. We need someone talismanic and passionate. Barnes is more agitated than anything else and seems really lacking in confidence.

28 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Here was his chance to endear himself to the fans but he's giving the ball away time and again, giving away free kicks and generally failing to hold the ball up and link up play. We need someone talismanic and passionate. Barnes is more agitated than anything else and seems really lacking in confidence.

how long is his contract ? i would look to move him on in the summer save his wages ,

his main strength was holding the ball up and bring others into the game he is losing that 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

He literally has no time on the ball. He isn’t a ball player.. he’s a forward that excels in a team on the front foot. He had a chemistry with Sargent… You have to understand the player Barnes is.. he’s getting criticism for the player fans think he should be.

On 14/12/2023 at 10:57, shefcanary said:

I had the luck of only watching the last half hour due to a Xmas beanie

Should have pulled it up above your eyes earlier.

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He literally has no time on the ball. He isn’t a ball player.. he’s a forward that excels in a team on the front foot. He had a chemistry with Sargent… You have to understand the player Barnes is.. he’s getting criticism for the player fans think he should be.

It's not his fault he's rushed back after injury. It's not his fault we've had two strikers injured for months.

Related to that Wagner made good subs today considering options available. 

• Like 1