essex canary

Connor fights back

An excellent article headed by the empty seat issue. Highlights include:

1. It is the mission of those inside the Club is to preserve the strong swell of support they enjoy.

2. When the majority shareholders had the opportunity to unify that should have been the tactic.

3 Do supporters feel valued and part of the journey?

4. There needs to be a repair of relations and a clearly communicated coherent plan.

5. Knapper is undertaking a football audit. That level of review and self-assessment needs to be repeated at other levels of the organisation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like Connor's pieces and he is not afraid to highlight areas of concern, regardless of whether that upsets his employers or the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I find him pretty hopeless tbh, just seems to follow the populist opinion. That’s not journalism.

Swimming with the tide is pretty much the occupation of many on here. Not too many have swam against it and when anyone does abuse tends to be the outcome.

• Like 1

A charity boxing fight between Connor and Delia at Carrow Road might actually be what we need to get the atmosphere back

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A charity boxing fight between Connor and Delia at Carrow Road might actually be what we need to get the atmosphere back

I’d back Delia. 

I cannot understand this desire for some fans feeling that they should be informed and kept abreast of all daily tasks that happens within the football club, feeling valued, communicating daily and think their opinion should be heard.

It's a business, do these people do they same when they visit the cinema or bowling for entertainment. Maybe they buy a ticket to watch the Grand Prix and demand to know the in and outs of the pit garage and the financial up and downs of Mercedes ?

Just play better football and win matches, I don't want to know anything else.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d back Delia. 

Only because it's rigged.

Can't we do a swap deal with Portsmouth, Delia for Andy Cullen?

Edited by essex canary

43 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I'll have 50 quid on Delia, she'll knock poor Connor out of the ring in the 6th after toying with him for the first 5 rounds. 

Connor also to get a lucky knock down in the second after some Delia let's be avin you showboating... 

Maybe I can sell this to sly Stallone as a script and make a fortune...

40 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'll have 50 quid on Delia, she'll knock poor Connor out of the ring in the 6th after toying with him for the first 5 rounds. 

Connor also to get a lucky knock down in the second after some Delia let's be avin you showboating... 

Maybe I can sell this to sly Stallone as a script and make a fortune...

She’d box dirty for sure. Maybe a few lads from here could wear speedos and hold round cards up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wibble said:

I cannot understand this desire for some fans feeling that they should be informed and kept abreast of all daily tasks that happens within the football club, feeling valued, communicating daily and think their opinion should be heard.

It's a business, do these people do they same when they visit the cinema or bowling for entertainment. Maybe they buy a ticket to watch the Grand Prix and demand to know the in and outs of the pit garage and the financial up and downs of Mercedes ?

Just play better football and win matches, I don't want to know anything else.

Having worked at a senior level in a few public facing organisations as well as in the education sector, they all face a barrage of the enquiries you are dismissing, either under the guise of FOI's or simply as a "supporter" of the institution. You may not want to know which is fine, but that is not the feeling of many of the wider public.  Complete transparency over all matters within an institution, whether a private business, a multi-national, a charity or a local / national government department is the way of modern life: a sense of entitlement everyone born after the 70's feels they have a right to.

I blame Thatcher - if she hadn't ridden roughshod over everybody, no-one would be so bothered or suspicious of what is happening. 😉 

• Like 1

Well I listened to those interviews and learnt nothing from Connor's questions, some from Rob's and the most from the little bit at the end from Michael.

All the business owners and FPAs on here don't seem to have learnt much and seem more interested in journalism for clicks.

10 minutes ago, Hughie Curran's fruitcake said:

Personnally, I find Connor boring and self-righteous more interested in bashing the club and the reader over the head with his opinions than saying anything of interest.

Fruitcake, thanks for that.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Quite a few posts here are thinly disguised 'he disagrees with me so he's bad.'

Not at all. I don’t particularly disagree and even if I do I am usually interested to read the opinion of those who disagree with me, to find the alternative view.  Many articles on here just seem to be journalism-by-numbers, and bore me before long - that’s the main reason I can’t be bothered with pinkun+.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I find him pretty hopeless tbh, just seems to follow the populist opinion. That’s not journalism.

You would 

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Quite a few posts here are thinly disguised 'he disagrees with me so he's bad.'

You could blow their disguise if you quoted them.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You could blow their disguise if you quoted them.

Or you could just see who replied to my post, suggesting they know it themselves.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Or you could just see who replied to my post, suggesting they know it themselves.

Or you could discuss the content. What have you learned that you didn't know before? 

55 minutes ago, Hughie Curran's fruitcake said:

Personnally, I find Connor boring and self-righteous more interested in bashing the club and the reader over the head with his opinions than saying anything of interest.

That would make him an ideal poster on this board, although there is a lot of competition!

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Having worked at a senior level in a few public facing organisations as well as in the education sector, they all face a barrage of the enquiries you are dismissing, either under the guise of FOI's or simply as a "supporter" of the institution. You may not want to know which is fine, but that is not the feeling of many of the wider public.  Complete transparency over all matters within an institution, whether a private business, a multi-national, a charity or a local / national government department is the way of modern life: a sense of entitlement everyone born after the 70's feels they have a right to.

I blame Thatcher - if she hadn't ridden roughshod over everybody, no-one would be so bothered or suspicious of what is happening. 😉 

Forty years on and Mrs T is still living inside the head of you Leftoids. What an amazing woman she was. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Forty years on and Mrs T is still living inside the head of you Leftoids. What an amazing woman she was. 

I remember when she used to post on here.

• Haha 1

He is not diverse enough for me I am afraid

if he came out as a 2 spirited pan sexual transgender lesbo who identifies as a skunk I would listen more to his opinions 

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Or you could discuss the content. What have you learned that you didn't know before? 

Didn’t think an opinion piece was about learning anything you didn’t know, it’s about considering a viewpoint on what is known.

Can agree with it or disagree, or something inbetween, but it’s about provoking debate and thought about a position.

A few seem more interested in playing the man than the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Didn’t think an opinion piece was about learning anything you didn’t know, it’s about considering a viewpoint on what is known.

Can agree with it or disagree, or something inbetween, but it’s about provoking debate and thought about a position.

A few seem more interested in playing the man than the ball.

Quite true.