CANARYKING

Jack Reeve TNC video

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

It's very much a 'young person' idea that it's easy to immediately fix everything that's wrong by making the necessary changes. As we get older we tend to understand (believe) that things are more complicated and want to retain more continuity. Of course either extreme would be wrong but, often, it's only with hindsight that we can tell. 

Webber brought radical change. It took time to work and required a period of continuity even when it wasn't bringing results. But then he brought more change which broke everything good he had done (on the playing side at least). 

It's easy to see how Delia is convinced that we're currently in exactly the same position we were in Farke's first season. We have a similar seeming squad of randoms and rejects and are taking the time required to build an identity. It's crazy to say it but she could actually be right; imagine if Wagner tweaks his midfield system and plugs the holes so we stop conceding, we're scoring goals so we might start winning regularly... 

But there's, ultimately, a lack of acknowledgement of just how much of a mess Webber's last two and a half years have been. The complication is that, despite the recent past, there's no objective solution to our current plight. Sacking Wagner doesn't undo the last five transfer windows and his replacement might be worse not better.

Good post as usual, Petriix.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The big change that needs to happen has (for some reason none of us can fathom) a 3 year wait. I agree Jack is probably being unfair on Knapper and that’s born from a belief that Wagner cannot turn this around and therefore should be gone already, however he’s far from alone in that assessment. The Pinkun, Along Come Norwich and On the Ball podcasts are all Wagner-out.

Knapper coming in is a change but until he DOES something you can’t say change is happening, it’s just a new man in the chair (albeit one without a history of antagonising the fanbase).

What 3 year wait? What are you waiting for? I don't see any wait. Knapper has replaced Webber and the dialogue moving forwards appears to be between Attanasio/Knapper/Wagner.

What hasn't changed is Delia and Michael supporting those who make the football decisions. They never did make them. It's ridiculous to go with the imaginations on here that Delia is interfering when results are poor and is taking a back seat when things are good again. That has to be imaginations born out of an irrational mind. The criticism that they trust too easily may be more realistic but then you'd have to say you'd prefer a model with interference from the owners.

If you put your trust in "Youtubers and journalists" what have they done to deserve that trust? Mostly these people are like the Barber's cat, all p iss and wind. Like our ramblings on here except for they are better educated than your average bog cleaner. What is their track record? Like the posters on here did they want Farke sacked? Archant/Newsquest went as far as publishing a poll that supported it. And yet like dust in the wind it can now be viewed as a mistake. If you post your imaginations on YouTube every other day you can be dust in the wind. If you make decisions running a football club it takes much longer to turn them around. Social Media is in your face 24/7. As fast as there's one view it changes like the weather. At least when it was just Soapbox/Canary Call it was just once a week.

Yes I think Delia and Michael are right to put their trust in the people charged with running the club. Better that than the Barber's cat.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

It's easy to see how Delia is convinced that we're currently in exactly the same position we were in Farke's first season. We have a similar seeming squad of randoms and rejects and are taking the time required to build an identity. It's crazy to say it but she could actually be right; imagine if Wagner tweaks his midfield system and plugs the holes so we stop conceding, we're scoring goals so we might start winning regularly... 

Is there anything that suggests she thinks this?  If so I would be flabbergasted. This is so unlike Farke's first season it's like chalk and cheese. 

Farke's first season was methodical, was a clear pattern of development of instilling  habits and tactics - no disasters, some mediocrity, but nothing really bad. 

This season, the team is not taking shape, there is no clear plan, the supposed pressing game is rarely in evidence. Anyhow, even if it was there, the total high pressing game cannot be sustained in the championship with its relentless amount of games - and with the players we have - and Wagner doesn't seem to have any other way of playing that works.  

This feels so unlike Farke's first season. Not even close. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's very much a 'young person' idea that it's easy to immediately fix everything that's wrong by making the necessary changes. As we get older we tend to understand (believe) that things are more complicated and want to retain more continuity

Simplism is the disease of our age, but I really don't think it's an old/young thing.  Plenty of simplists on this board who are plainly not young.

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Simplism is the disease of our age, but I really don't think it's an old/young thing.  Plenty of simplists on this board who are plainly not young.

What percentage of 'simplists' are on this forum do you reckon?.....

37 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

What percentage of 'simplists' are on this forum do you reckon?.....

80%......

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If you put your trust in "Youtubers and journalists" what have they done to deserve that trust? Mostly these people are like the Barber's cat, all p iss and wind. Like our ramblings on here except for they are better educated than your average bog cleaner. What is their track record? Like the posters on here did they want Farke sacked? Archant/Newsquest went as far as publishing a poll that supported it. And yet like dust in the wind it can now be viewed as a mistake. If you post your imaginations on YouTube every other day you can be dust in the wind. If you make decisions running a football club it takes much longer to turn them around. Social Media is in your face 24/7. As fast as there's one view it changes like the weather. At least when it was just Soapbox/Canary Call it was just once a week.

Yes I think Delia and Michael are right to put their trust in the people charged with running the club. Better that than the Barber's cat.

I am not putting any “trust” in the media, I just agree with them. In terms of trusting the current ownership, that’ll be the “record relegations” and “£90m in debt” ownership yeah? The ones presiding over 28 years of ups, downs but overall stagnation in the 2nd division, now with an aged squad, a hopeless manager and an inevitable derby day defeat looming?

Say what you like about the media Nutty, but they’re far more in tune with the fanbase than condescending boot-lickers like you.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I am not putting any “trust” in the media, I just agree with them. In terms of trusting the current ownership, that’ll be the “record relegations” and “£90m in debt” ownership yeah? The ones presiding over 28 years of ups, downs but overall stagnation in the 2nd division, now with an aged squad, a hopeless manager and an inevitable derby day defeat looming?

Say what you like about the media Nutty, but they’re far more in tune with the fanbase than condescending boot-lickers like you.

Condescending boot-licker? Or my opinion based on my own experience of supporting our club?

They're in tune because they say what will get them clicks. In tune regardless of how many changes of mind they have. They set your agenda whilst you set theirs. It's perfect. Keep clicking...

4 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Not very inclusive of her. What about the boo girls and the boo thems?

Don't worry. Zoe will soon be putting her into a re-education programme. We're not allowed to say naughty sexist phrases in Zoe Webberland.

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Condescending boot-licker? Or my opinion based on my own experience of supporting our club?

They're in tune because they say what will get them clicks. In tune regardless of how many changes of mind they have. They set your agenda whilst you set theirs. It's perfect. Keep clicking...

Why is your experience of supporting the club more valid than theirs? Jack on TNC, Connor on Pinkun, Steve on OTBC, Tom on ACN, they’re all young-ish fans but they all love the club and want to see it succeed, their opinions are no less valid than yours just because you value longevity and they value success.

Your opinion is what it is Nutty but the way you talk down to people on this forum has really ramped up in the last 2 seasons, it’s very reflective of our fortunes as more scrutiny is aimed at the board the more you deflect and mock.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why is your experience of supporting the club more valid than theirs? Jack on TNC, Connor on Pinkun, Steve on OTBC, Tom on ACN, they’re all young-ish fans but they all love the club and want to see it succeed, their opinions are no less valid than yours just because you value longevity and they value success.

Your opinion is what it is Nutty but the way you talk down to people on this forum has really ramped up in the last 2 seasons, it’s very reflective of our fortunes as more scrutiny is aimed at the board the more you deflect and mock.

You seem determined to make this a personal exchange without attempting to engage me on the first two paragraphs of my post. I'm happy to join you in the personal stuff if that's what floats your boat.

I didn't even say my opinion was more valid than theirs. You just made it up to continue making it personal.

It is laughable that those so trusting of the 28 years of the majority shareholders didn’t have the same trust of Chase at the time, critics of old Bob were pointing to debt! Sales of best players and why he was buying up land!

Here we are 90 million in debt, having to be bailed out by those horrible yanks and a squad so god damn unmotivated we’re heading for a relegation scrap in the championship! 

Still trust is given in funny ways!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

It is laughable that those so trusting of the 28 years of the majority shareholders didn’t have the same trust of Chase at the time, critics of old Bob were pointing to debt! Sales of best players and why he was buying up land!

Here we are 90 million in debt, having to be bailed out by those horrible yanks and a squad so god damn unmotivated we’re heading for a relegation scrap in the championship! 

How do you know that?

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Stop trying to rewrite history. When Chase left the club was hours away from bankruptcy and the Bank was selling our best players totally unbeknown to the manager at the time. Sure, things aren't great at the moment, but they're nowhere, nowhere near as bad as they were then.

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Stop trying to rewrite history. When Chase left the club was hours away from bankruptcy and the Bank was selling our best players totally unbeknown to the manager at the time. Sure, things aren't great at the moment, but they're nowhere, nowhere near as bad as they were then.

Really! What if MA walks away? Just casting the line for all the same fish to bite! And bite they do!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really! What if MA walks away? Just casting the line for all the same fish to bite! And bite they do!

Look.daft - claim fishing.

Standard :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Look.daft - claim fishing.

Standard :classic_laugh:

Not at all just proving your thought that it’s ok to allow the current owners to run the club so poorly and yet so quick to jump on old Bob who was really hounded out, but back then we had fans who demanded standards and had anger at the situation! Now we have huge debts a league lower and bailed out by the Yanks as some like to call them, but it’s not the majority shareholders fault! Is it?

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not at all just proving your thought that it’s ok to allow the current owners to run the club so poorly and yet so quick to jump on old Bob who was really hounded out, but back then we had fans who demanded standards and had anger at the situation! Now we have huge debts a league lower and bailed out by the Yanks as some like to call them, but it’s not the majority shareholders fault! Is it?

Of course it’s not! S&J are infallible of any blame and I hope they get a heroes welcome at Ashton Gate tomorrow from the faithful travelling fans. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It might be that they have an unrealistic view of where NCFC fits in. An idea that we are a PL club by right, and are only being denied that position at the top table by incompetence at the board level. Yet, NONE of them have any noticeable experience in running a business, never mind one that turns over £100m plus.

Odd how those who have run and are NCFC have differing views. Or that 'the yank' does not agree with them either. Theirs is the child grizzling before bedtime. They can make all manner of baseless claims, they are not accountable. A website cobbled together in a back bedroom has no shareholders, no million pound loans to service. When they have run a football club at the level of NCFC then wiser heads will no doubt listen to them. However, until then.

Edited by RobJames

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

So are Chelsea also being 'run poorly' ? Or perhaps the numerous ex PL clubs stagnating in the Championship (and in LI) are all being poorly run.  For your comments to have any validity, City would have to be the exception. The one club not to live up to their supporters expectations. But they aren't, are they ?

The reality is that when you strip out the top 6 or 8 clubs you are left with 14/12 PL clubs who once you remove about six who will be fighting for their financial life (relegation) it does not leave many who (our size roughly) are successful, by the measurement of yourself and others. When you can explain why so many others are also being run poorly then you might want to come back with why you think we are being run poorly.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

So are Chelsea also being 'run poorly' ? Or perhaps the numerous ex PL clubs stagnating in the Championship (and in LI) are all being poorly run.  For your comments to have any validity, City would have to be the exception. The one club not to live up to their supporters expectations. But they aren't, are they ?

The reality is that when you strip out the top 6 or 8 clubs you are left with 14/12 PL clubs who once you remove about six who will be fighting for their financial life (relegation) it does not leave many who (our size roughly) are successful, by the measurement of yourself and others. When you can explain why so many others are also being run poorly then you might want to come back with why you think we are being run poorly.

Who cares about other clubs? I’m pointing out those who ran riot to get Bob out for big debt, poor running of the club are now happy to back the same standards now! I just want to know why the double standards?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Who cares about other clubs? I’m pointing out those who ran riot to get Bob out for big debt, poor running of the club are now happy to back the same standards now! I just want to know why the double standards?

If you think how Chase was running the club compares to how it is being run now, then any further comment is pointless. You appear to have a grudge against some older posters, so accuracy is playing second fiddle. You will have to carry on this vendetta without any further contribution from me.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

I have only ever posted what happened when Chase went. This is nothing like it. Carry on fishing but I'll never be in your keep net.

12 minutes ago, RobJames said:

If you think how Chase was running the club compares to how it is being run now, then any further comment is pointless. You appear to have a grudge against some older posters, so accuracy is playing second fiddle. You will have to carry on this vendetta without any further contribution from me.

I’m heading out now, but I was around with those older posters who at the time set upon an owner who bought us great success on the pitch for running the club to the ground, I don’t see where the difference is now to then? We’re 90 odd million in debt, we have a very poor squad, we sell our best players to stay afloat and we need to be bailed out financially! Absolutely the same as what got Bob hung out! So what’s the difference in then and now? An elderly lady? Who knows!