Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Knapper

Quite clearly hasn’t either got the judgment or independence that many of us hoped and expected of him. Otherwise Wagner would be gone by now, as it’s clear as day how useless a tactician and coach he is.

So which of the two is it? Judgement or Independence. 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

How long has he been here ? Two weeks? Give him a bit of a time before judging him

He needs no more time. It’s glaring the man needs to be gone. The question is why it hasn’t happened. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

He needs no more time. It’s glaring the man needs to be gone. The question is why it hasn’t happened. 

I mean he was in the stands watching us bottle a 2-0 lead against Watford so would be interesting to hear his thoughts on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Quite clearly hasn’t either got the judgment or independence that many of us hoped and expected of him. Otherwise Wagner would be gone by now, as it’s clear as day how useless a tactician and coach he is.

So which of the two is it? Judgement or Independence. 

I thought it must have been uncomfortable for him at Watford sitting next to Webbers wife. Was she there to advise him? Neil Adams should have been sitting next to her. It’s  all too comfortable for Mrs Webber.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean he was in the stands watching us bottle a 2-0 lead against Watford so would be interesting to hear his thoughts on it

Indeed. If Wagner isn't going to resign then it's really important for supporters to know where we are supposed to be going with him because it's causing a rotten atmosphere for everyone connected with NCFC, playing or otherwise.

• Like 1

It is screamingly obvious he is out of his depth every time I see him he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights 

Just now, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

If we lose on Sunday then he'll be gone Monday.

Been hearing that for months now 

31 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Yup - it’s always a great move to come into an organisation and sack all and sundry before you have a chance to see what’s what.  

Nothing quite like giving the guy a chance is there?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup - it’s always a great move to come into an organisation and sack all and sundry before you have a chance to see what’s what.  

Nothing quite like giving the guy a chance is there?

Predictable from you - to wish for even more decline. Wagner is garbage. Knapper only had to look at the stats before arriving to see it. To watch on the TV. He’s now seen 3 abject performances, 2 of which we won - but that should not cloud it - and Watford was perfect evidence of that fact. 

He should act now. Or perhaps he’s not allowed. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I agree that he isn't good enough and we should look to get someone different in. However, a sh*t car is better to travel than no car. We have to a) have a better alternative available/willing and b) be able to afford that. A change is not always for the better (as those of you who decided Farke should leave have subsequently found out). If we got rid of Wagner but got in Steve Bruce, would that be a good move? (Please don't reply that anyone is better, as clearly that's an emotional response and factually not correct. He is poor, but there is always worse).

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I agree that he isn't good enough and we should look to get someone different in. However, a sh*t car is better to travel than no car. We have to a) have a better alternative available/willing and b) be able to afford that. A change is not always for the better (as those of you who decided Farke should leave have subsequently found out). If we got rid of Wagner but got in Steve Bruce, would that be a good move? (Please don't reply that anyone is better, as clearly that's an emotional response and factually not correct. He is poor, but there is always worse).

They’ll have no choice but to sack him once we get humiliated at Portman Road. 

13 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Predictable from you - to wish for even more decline. Wagner is garbage. Knapper only had to look at the stats before arriving to see it. To watch on the TV. He’s now seen 3 abject performances, 2 of which we won - but that should not cloud it - and Watford was perfect evidence of that fact. 

No, it’s more about having a degree of comprehension of how things work in the real world.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

No, it’s more about having a degree of comprehension of how things work in the real world.

Other clubs seem to make far swifter decisions, in the real world 

I think Knapper is keeping his powder dry; wants to be seen being fair to a senior employee ahead of strategically replacing him. It's likely Norwich's new Sporting Director presented his potential masterplan to Zoe & Co over the course of several interview meetings that took place several months ago.

He's only two weeks into the job, however the recruitment of a top-quality, results-orientated Head Coach is crucial. It may take time. Either way, I doubt DW will still be here in January...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I expect much else in life is a bewilderment to you. Not grasping that any sacking will be taken at board level. NOT by any one individual. And looking through your previous posts, there is one constant. A strong dislike of NCFC. Pointing to more than a 'whiff' of bin. An almost stench of it, in fact, shown by your referring to the rathole that festers in IP1 as Portman Road. I have not read on here any genuine City fan refer to it as that. Unfortunately for you poor fellows, you stand out on here like women at a stoning in the Life of Brian.

3 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I think Knapper is keeping his powder dry; wants to be seen being fair to a senior employee ahead of strategically replacing him. It's likely Norwich's new Sporting Director presented his potential masterplan to Zoe & Co over the course of several interview meetings that took place several months ago.

He's only two weeks into the job, however the recruitment of a top-quality, results-orientated Head Coach is crucial. It may take time. Either way, I doubt DW will still be here in January...

Quite so.

• Like 1

As Fenway said he’s only been here a few days, any changes are going to take time and need to be signed off by the new board! The AGM hasn’t helped Knapper, give him till end of January before criticising him!

Edited by Indy

Whereas the constant whine from your lot was how Uncle Mucus kept managers for far too long - and how long was Cook allowed to stay on ? Now run along binboy, the grownups  are talking.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. 

I've seen Knapper called weak, a clown, a joke, a yes man and a poor hire based on the whims of the previous despised incumbent- because he hasn't yet fired Wagner. For sure it seems that the majority of the fanbase anticipates his sacking with excited fervour.

Is it weak to remove yourself from the situation, not immediately give in to the demands of frustrated & passionate fans and give yourself time to make the decision? We all know it isn't working with Wagner, believing Knapper is sat there thinking all is well is silly. But a Sporting Director who just does whatever the loudest fan voice says without thinking will not be a good Sporting Director. That would be the real weakness.

The people spoke. Webber left and Knapper came in. There's no point in immediately crucifying the guy for not acting like a Norwich fan. 

• Like 1

They may well be waiting for this weekend so that going into the Ipswich game, we have some new momentum with someone else in charge.    As suggested a couple of weeks ago, I hope they put Neil Adams in charge for a while to give Knapper chance to put plans in place for a new manager and philosophy.   

It hasn't helped either Smith or Wagner, that they have been tasked with achieving promotion when there is not adequate quality to achieve the task.   But boy has Wagner made a right mess of this.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

Whereas the constant whine from your lot was how Uncle Mucus kept managers for far too long - and how long was Cook allowed to stay on ? Now run along binboy, the grownups  are talking.

Sorry Rob what’s your point?

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Er the Binner fans I know are gagging for us not to sack Wagner before the 16th

12 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

And replace him with?

It depends on whether we are going to be willing and able to buy someone out of a contract, at whatever level that may be. And indeed whether that be now or the summer. I’m not privy to their financial willingness and ability. 

If it has to be a free agent stop gap until the summer then I genuinely believe that Neil Warnock or Nathan Jones would do better than David Wagner. I’d rather we didn’t go down that line however - as I’d rather we opted for an up and coming manager, but with at least some established experience. The likes of Luke Williams at Notts County or John Mousinho at Portsmouth. Latter unlikely however - as they’re coming up and he’s new in role. 
Depends if the Ireland offer comes for him, but Lee Carsley would also be good. 
And I still believe Mark Robins is who we should have moved for rather than David Wagner. 

But, as I said, it very much depends on whether we are going to pay out - or decide to take the free agent option. If it’s the latter, unless it’s a stop gap, it’s more limited. I’m sure Paul Heckingbottom will be out of work before the season is out. He’s another worth appointing, if available 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Er the Binner fans I know are gagging for us not to sack Wagner before the 16th

Agreed. Some posters on here take any club criticism as meaning you must be a scummer. It’s pathetic 

12 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I expect much else in life is a bewilderment to you. Not grasping that any sacking will be taken at board level. NOT by any one individual. And looking through your previous posts, there is one constant. A strong dislike of NCFC. Pointing to more than a 'whiff' of bin. An almost stench of it, in fact, shown by your referring to the rathole that festers in IP1 as Portman Road. I have not read on here any genuine City fan refer to it as that. Unfortunately for you poor fellows, you stand out on here like women at a stoning in the Life of Brian.

The only stand out here is that you are an utter fool 

26 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

And replace him with?

The Birmingham manager was doing well until he was removed for a vanity manager. I believe they were top 6 when sacked with a weaker squad than us.