Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Scotland v Norway

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a cracking match, it’s actually exciting compared to English International matches. 

Indeed, remind me of the score when we played them ? 

Played a depleted and unmotivated Norway, no Odegard or Haaland!  Or way do have some really good players coming through and in the big teams! The best striker in the world and will be a force in the next few years!

Kenny played well because he was played in his preferred position of attacking left side midfielder. It's a shame for him that managers persist in playing him in positions he is not very good at. Also that Jonny Rowe looks a much better player all round than him in his preferred position. The injury to Rowe would ordinarily allow Kenny to play in that role, but Wagner still has no-one to play in the CDM role so poor old Kenny will continue to be played out of position. Of course if Norwich really did have a proper CDM, Kenny currently wouldn't even get in the team. Shows how weak the Scotland team is really.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

0:0 in the previous competitive match.

The Norway match was a glorified friendly. We tried a back 4 (didn't work. Shock, horror). McLean got a rare start and Gilmour and Dykes were rested. Robertson, Hickey and Tierney are injured. That's three EPL defenders. Then there's Gunn.

It was a good match. Fair result.

Screenshot_20231119_225759_X.jpg

Tiereny isn't an EPL defender, last time I checked Donostia-San Sebastián was in Spain. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I'd check again. Whilst you're checking that, I'd also my check thyself before you wreck thyself:

He's currently on loan from Arsenal to Real Sociedad. Do you understand what a loan is? I assume that you don't:

A loan is where a football player is borrowed from one club to another for a mutually agreed upon time-frame. Sometimes involving a fee that the borrowed club gives to the borrowing club, but it's not a requisite.

Arsenal own his contract. Therefore, he"s an EPL owned player.

Last time I checked Arsenal were in the EPL.

I'll see your pendency and add sarcasm.

Kieran Tierney is currently injured so he's not a footballer.

Screenshot_20231120_140324_Sofascore.jpg.d45a355a229473358ffa3a6bb11b69ab.jpg

I think you have to be playing in the EPL to be considered an EPL player. 

There are hundreds of loanees that are owned by EPL teams.

Slobodan Tedic is one example. (At Charlton from Man City)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He's played for Arsenal in the EPL.

So, is he an ex EPL player? yes

How about when his loan ends. Is he a current EPL player who used to be an ex EPL player that was an EPL player? depends where he plays next

David Beckham was once loaned to Preston in Division 3. By the logic used here, David Beckham was an ex Division 3 (League 2) player. Indeed 

Of course Scotland have a weak squad.

They may be marginally less weak than they have been in recent years but there are some seriously poor players in that squad.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I see.

I'm sure Beckham would enjoy being referred to as being a player at the lowest tier of English football. (If you take out the old Conference league)

From being a Division three player to being an Engish Premier League champion within one season.

Incredible rise.

No one would refer to it though. Except you of course. 

40 minutes ago, kirku said:

Of course Scotland have a weak squad.

They may be marginally less weak than they have been in recent years but there are some seriously poor players in that squad.

England are hardly full of ability in goal, at centre-half, at left-back and frankly, there's not much depth up top either. Who's the Kane back-up?

And is there really a genuine box-to-box midfielder apart from Bellingham?

EDIT: Oh, and the star right-back can't defend for toffee either, which is why Southgate had a look at him at number 10 against Malta.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Apparently, at least two people here would.

David Becham was an EPL player who played on loan in Division three.

"Kieran Tierney is an EPL player currently playing on loan in La Liga" is correct. As opposed to "Kieran Tierney is a La Liga player."

Therefore, my original statement that "Kieran Tierney is an EPL player" is factually accurate.

Moving on.

😄 Logic is not your strong point 

23 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

😄 Logic is not your strong point 

I don't know how he has the ego to continue to post on here after, literally, getting every single football-related post proven demonstrably wrong at every turn.

Gilmour would walk into the England team.

Scotland will thrash England.

Gilmour will run rings around Englands midfield.

Gilmour is a regular starter for a top 6 club (they aren't top 6 and Gilmour has only started half the games).

He keeps going. It's some light-relief comedy at times but nothing more.

49 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

England are hardly full of ability in goal, at centre-half, at left-back and frankly, there's not much depth up top either. Who's the Kane back-up?

And is there really a genuine box-to-box midfielder apart from Bellingham?

EDIT: Oh, and the star right-back can't defend for toffee either, which is why Southgate had a look at him at number 10 against Malta.

Eh? But in the comparison to Scotland which you're responding to, England are comfortably better in every position.

Equally, Trent isn't our star RB at all, and no one is claiming he is other than Liverpool fans. Walker is a considerably better all round player and world-class. AWB for United is an excellent one-on-one defender if that's your requirement.

Watkins has 6 prem goals and 5 assists in 12 games. He's not an awful backup option right now.

Also, using the "being 4 points behind Spain" as a testament to how good you are is only relevant in the context of that individual group and considering Spain have 21 points, you're actually talking about being nearly 20% worse than them, in points haul.

19 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Really?

Let me get in touch with Oxford dictionary. I'm going to demand that they change the definition of "Thrash" to mean a close win.

You're a liar. There's the proof. That's embarrassing for you.

Have a nice evening. 🙂

You went on and on about beating Cyprus, and when pointed out it was only Cyprus, you claimed that was irrelevant because it was "only England". 

I mean you also said McTominay had the same attacking movement as Erling f*cking Haaland so I don't know why I'm even engaging.

It's like you have some weird fetish for being wrong on every single football related debate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yeah.

Doesn't work with me. But kudos for trying. 😉

You're kidding right? I've never come across a forum user, on any site that I've ever posted on, that bites as much as you do 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not Lyndon Dykes or Lawrence Shankland.

Besides, I wasn't making comparisons with England - there are some really poor players in that Scotland squad. The likes of which, if you wanted to compare, wouldn't get within a country mile of the England squad. 

Players like Grant Hanley and Kenny McLean.

Edited by kirku

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

And yet you've all been banned at least once each. Trying to illicit a specific reaction.

I haven't been banned. Not once.

Funny that.

I've never been banned dude, another "fact" you've got wrong.

28 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

And yet you've all been banned at least once each. Trying to illicit a specific reaction.

Funny that.

Why would they ban a bot planted by Archant?

you couldn't lay a glove on us at Hampden. You'd be much better served trying your luck against one of the teams that wouldn't be raising their game for a crunch Derby

Well done Scotland, it would be great if they were in Englands group.  Nothing to do with whether I think we would win or not, just the drama and excitement would be great.  If I could pick a result, another lose / draw where Scotland are eliminated, but leave with the moral victory.  We can then have pages on the injustice written across the forum and media.

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

In a friendly. England didn't lay a glove on North Macedonia.

The irony

9 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

In a friendly. England didn't lay a glove on North Macedonia.

The previous 5 competitive matches:

England: 2

Draw: 2

Scotland: 1 (would've been 2 if Stuart Armstrong didn't give the ball away in injury time)

I'd fancy our chances.

Anyone still taking this guy seriously, just remember he claimed:

- Scotland would thrash England last time we played

- Billy Gilmour would "run rings" around our midfield

So if he fancy's their chances, the odds are we win 5-0 at least.

15 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Funny that.

You’ve got people banned because you mass flag every one of their comments and because you’ve been a grass your whole life. From birth. It’s in your DNA.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You’ve got people banned because you mass flag every one of their comments and because you’ve been a grass your whole life. From birth. It’s in your DNA.

He's a bot made by Archant