cambridgeshire canary

Wagner has the full support of Delia and Michael

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I hope they're offering him full support. They should be up until the SD decides he wants rid of the manager.

Unless, contrary to the last 25 years of complaints with little evidence, we now want our owners who the same posters claim are clueless in football matters, making football decisions instead of the guy employed to do it?

Up until then Wagner should be given everything possible to succeed.

He should be sacked. He’s useless 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S_81 said:

Agreed. He's blown it big time.

A caretaker manager, perhaps even Adams, could hardly do worse. Said that four games ago and 12 points are now lost forever. 

Give Knapper time to assess the whole situation without this managerial albatross clouding the issue.

There's no future with David Wagner. Why pro-long the agony?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agreed. He's blown it big time.

A caretaker manager, perhaps even Adams, could hardly do worse. Said that four games ago and 12 points are now lost forever. 

Give Knapper time to assess the whole situation without this managerial albatross clouding the issue.

There's no future with David Wagner. Why pro-long the agony?

Cheapskate owners, that’s why. Making desperate phone calls to reassure that all will be well. Motivated by not spending out on severance. I’ll hold Delia fully accountable when Wagner leads us to humiliation at Portman Road. 

13 hours ago, Canarywary said:

Delia and MWJ are hated, abused and blamed when we're on a bad spell, ignored when we're doing ok, and if they're lucky, treated to a handful of cursory platitudes when we win the league. What a job to put all that personal money, time and energy into. It's almost like they genuinely love the club and want what's best for it...

Personal money! Where have you been? NCFC are a self-financing club now. They sell players to make ends meet, going well, isn’t it!

47 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Personal money! Where have you been? NCFC are a self-financing club now. They sell players to make ends meet, going well, isn’t it!

Edited by PurpleCanary

52 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Except that S&J, having been paid back all they had loaned some years back, have  recently put £1m into the club, in what looks like a move to cover a bit of a hole.

55 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Except that S&J, having been paid back all they had loaned some years back, have  recently put £1m into the club, in what looks like a move to cover a bit of a hole.

Who dug it in the first place?....

12 hours ago, S_81 said:

Yes quite. But that's down to Knapper not Delia, unless you think Delia should be making decisions for our new SD, which then begs the question how intrusive do fans want our owners to be?

Whilst he's still in charge, and whilst the SD has nothing to suggest he doesn't want him yet, he should be offered everything possible to attain points for Norwich City Football Club.

Unless you're not that bothered about NCFC, then I guess alternatives are fine.

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

no what i am saying is Webber had to much control ,

nobody was holding him to account for terrible recruitment , wasting more money than ever on transfers ,

his wife on the board reviewing his performance ,

Delia and MWJ  trusted them far to much , 

that can not happen someone should of been between Webbers and owners to review their performance 

I agree with the essence of this post, I have no issue with a team being put together to run the club, but the oversight of that team appears to have been sorely lacking and the personal relationship between Delia/MWJ and Stuart Webber appears to have clouded their judgement. For me NCFC is my team, but it has to be recognised that NCFC is also a  multi million pound business where every key decision should be scrutinised. Failure to reach the top 26 last season should have been a warning, it appears to me that Stuart Webber was given far too much power and for me Delia/MWJ, as majority shareholders have to take some responsibility for that...........

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes quite. But that's down to Knapper not Delia, unless you think Delia should be making decisions for our new SD, which then begs the question how intrusive do fans want our owners to be?

Whilst he's still in charge, and whilst the SD has nothing to suggest he doesn't want him yet, he should be offered everything possible to attain points for Norwich City Football Club.

I also agree with the essence of this post. Ben Knapper should be allowed to get on with his job, Delia/MWJ/MA just need to ensure there is oversight of his post/role that assesses whether his performance is to the required level. Hopefully their relationship with Ben does not get as cosy as it appears to have got with dear old lovely man Stu.................

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I agree with the essence of this post, I have no issue with a team being put together to run the club, but the oversight of that team appears to have been sorely lacking and the personal relationship between Delia/MWJ and Stuart Webber appears to have clouded their judgement. For me NCFC is my team, but it has to be recognised that NCFC is also a  multi million pound business where every key decision should be scrutinised. Failure to reach the top 26 last season should have been a warning, it appears to me that Stuart Webber was given far too much power and for me Delia/MWJ, as majority shareholders have to take some responsibility for that...........

That was my point someone should have between the Webbers and the owners ,

Was Zoe really going to bring up in a board meeting that her Husband Recruitment was terrible in recent years ?,

Was Zoe really going to give a Formal warning to Hubbie about the way he spoke to fans ? 

you need a team i agree but also a chairman or Woman who looks after the interests of Company and reports his findings to Owners ,

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did anyone listen to the whole thing?

When you say "the whole thing" do you mean the clip in this link? (If so it is a "Yes" from me) but if there is a more fuller clip elsewhere then it is a "No" from me, if there is a fuller clip could you point me in the right direction and I will have a listen to it............

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The question is how  low to go, before they change their minds ?

Yes indeed. I don't think we've bottomed out yet but it must be close.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well if it’s not for her to dismiss someone then why is she ringing them reassuring them? I’d rather she did neither. 

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

When you say "the whole thing" do you mean the clip in this link? (If so it is a "Yes" from me) but if there is a more fuller clip elsewhere then it is a "No" from me, if there is a fuller clip could you point me in the right direction and I will have a listen to it............

it's just that the next word is 'but'. Seems weird to not post the whole piece. Social media can be creative and can be destructive depending on what's being posted. The whole presser is dominated by Wagner's honesty. It's a good listen. He obviously appreciates the support and understanding of the bigger picture whilst also knowing that ultimately its a results driven business. 

57 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Well if it’s not for her to dismiss someone then why is she ringing them reassuring them? I’d rather she did neither. 

Exactly, makes the final act sickly. 

• Like 1

There is a longer interview on YouTube where Wagner says similar things and is appreciative of the contact from Delia and Michael. However, he is under no illusion what the situation is regardless of their support. He also mentioned dialogue with Ben has been happening 'pre Coventry' and claims he has full support there too.

I don't think there is anything to see here. It seems the club are looking at the bigger picture, and rightly so. Hopefully 3 points will change the mood somewhat.

Good riddance to the Stowmarket Two. When a couple of promotions from the second tier are considered 'glorious seasons', you know how much standards have fallen in the last 27 years!

Bring on the yanks.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.