cambridgeshire canary

Wagner has the full support of Delia and Michael

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So...

Of course it's changing now. Assuming Attanasio eventually owns the club do we want him to be an interfering savvy and ruthless owner? Or do we want him to put a team in place to run the club?

Nutty, I'm of the understanding Delia and Michael have respect within the game. Unfortunately for them, to get a long term CEO who has a great knowledge of on field decisions is very difficult. Investment from the US is great, but we have very different sports. Sport in the US is very formulated on plays rather than fluidity of football. Time will tell of course. But I feel data will only take a club so far. I think Attanasio could be the worst thing for this club. The way his deal with the club seems drawn out for his own advantage. If you want to buy a football club, then why not just buy them. Not charge good rates in return. As many have jested maybe we should wish for a stinking rich Chinese investor. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

People always claim to want objective sensible replies when what they really want is for their opinion to be agreed.

I'm out of sensible objective replies for today. Please use the helpful translator I gave you the other day..

Not guilty Nutty............

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I disagree re Harry S Truman, the buck stops with whoever is at the very top of an organisation. I agree Delia and MWJ should take the praise for the high points of their 25 year reign, equally they should also be held to account for the low points. I just wonder if Delia and MWJ let their personal love for an individual cloud their judgement, apparently Stu is a lovely man, my response is that maybe the case in your opinion but after a good start he has messed up big time, what are you going to do about it?. The danger is that when they finally leave NCFC they leave it in a worse position than when they took over. I have never stopped supporting NCFC and never will, couldn't give a flying fig about those who say that people like me are part of the problem, but equally I am have no issue with voicing my concerns and my personal opinion is that Delia and MWJ are responsible for the current position the club finds itself in.........

So why Harry S Truman? Did the buck really stop with him? Or was that sign simply a decoration...

You'll be hard pressed to find many people at the top with a good heart. People who don't make decisions for personal gain or greed. If the buck stops this time what should be the result? And why has it never stopped before?

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

People always claim to want objective sensible replies when what they really want is for their opinion to be agreed.

I'm out of sensible objective replies for today. Please use the helpful translator I gave you the other day..

Absolutely no idea what you’re on about and neither care. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Nutty, I'm of the understanding Delia and Michael have respect within the game. Unfortunately for them, to get a long term CEO who has a great knowledge of on field decisions is very difficult. Investment from the US is great, but we have very different sports. Sport in the US is very formulated on plays rather than fluidity of football. Time will tell of course. But I feel data will only take a club so far. I think Attanasio could be the worst thing for this club. The way his deal with the club seems drawn out for his own advantage. If you want to buy a football club, then why not just buy them. Not charge good rates in return. As many have jested maybe we should wish for a stinking rich Chinese investor. 

I don't know. It's a tough one to call. I just weigh up what I've seen, read and heard. My thoughts include...

Delia and Michael would have our best interests at heart.

The record of American owners in England is patchy at best.

If I was a rich man would buying a baseball team in Milwaukee be a thing I'd think about...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know. It's a tough one to call. I just weigh up what I've seen, read and heard. My thoughts include...

If I was a rich man would buying a baseball team in Milwaukee be a thing I'd think about...

Think your last sentence summed up what I was eluding to. This deal is very much in the favour of Attanasio. If Webber had a big part in this deal, surely we should have issues over his decision making just like his on field side has shown. Think we need some change in direction on the board side, maybe nephew Tom has some ideas? 

I know it’s going to hurt when your heroes take their final bow but for some of us Attanasio offers real hope. How will it it pan out? No one knows. The alternative and only option not so long ago of Tom Smith taking over filled many fans with dread. They’ve had their time and need to go. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

So why Harry S Truman? Did the buck really stop with him? Or was that sign simply a decoration...

You'll be hard pressed to find many people at the top with a good heart. People who don't make decisions for personal gain or greed. If the buck stops this time what should be the result? And why has it never stopped before?

I never got to meet Harry so I will never know.. I am happy for Delia and MWJ to take the plaudits when things are going well, I would suggest/argue they were also happy to do so. I accept they put a team together to run the club, but I wonder/would suggest maybe they were too emotionally involved with that team (Stu is a nice man apparently). Based on the evidence (asking Webber to stay when he wanted to bail out) I would question their judgement on not intervening when we did not finish in the top 26 (a stated aim) last season, I would also question apparently allowing Webber to dictate his terms for leaving, particularly given that we failed to get in the play offs last season. So I stand by my assertion that they take the plaudits for the good times but they take the brickbats for the bad times. I met Delia and MWJ once, in a social setting, I am happy to admit that encounter had a negative impact on me. Managers come, managers go, owners come, owners go, players come, players go. Supporters will be there forever, I count myself in that group, like you I have no issues with the views I hold re Delia and MWJ and like you I do not expect you or anybody else to agree with them. So for me the sooner that Delia and MWJ leave and the club undertakes a complete reset (for better or worse) so be it.........

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I know it’s going to hurt when your heroes take their final bow but for some of us Attanasio offers real hope. How will it it pan out? No one knows. The alternative and only option not so long ago of Tom Smith taking over filled many fans with dread. They’ve had their time and need to go. 

They are going. 

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I never got to meet Harry so I will never know.. I am happy for Delia and MWJ to take the plaudits when things are going well, I would suggest/argue they were also happy to do so. I accept they put a team together to run the club, but I wonder/would suggest maybe they were too emotionally involved with that team (Stu is a nice man apparently). Based on the evidence (asking Webber to stay when he wanted to bail out) I would question their judgement on not intervening when we did not finish in the top 26 (a stated aim) last season, I would also question apparently allowing Webber to dictate his terms for leaving, particularly given that we failed to get in the play offs last season. So I stand by my assertion that they take the plaudits for the good times but they take the brickbats for the bad times. I met Delia and MWJ once, in a social setting, I am happy to admit that encounter had a negative impact on me. Managers come, managers go, owners come, owners go, players come, players go. Supporters will be there forever, I count myself in that group, like you I have no issues with the views I hold re Delia and MWJ and like you I do not expect you or anybody else to agree with them. So for me the sooner that Delia and MWJ leave and the club undertakes a complete reset (for better or worse) so be it.........

I can understand that. It's an honest and objective reply.

You are right that we will still be supporters. But unless there's something 'brewing' that I'm not aware of it won't be our club. It will be owned on another continent. I wonder what Attanasio has on his desk...

Whilst Norwich have at times possibly given managers a little too much time to see if they could turn things around (some might call it soft/sentimental) I’d much rather that than the Watford method of mangers getting the sack every time they lose back to back matches. It also appears one method isn’t any more successful than the other, as they’ve largely mirrored our fortunes for a long time 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Attanasio has already stifled our chances, by charging interest. If that impacts FFP you will know his intensions. I wonder if Tom could inject a new vision? If we could get a good CEO with football background, who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

In 2/3 years! Just like you, they can’t let go!! 

I can let go but I don't enjoy seeing Norwich City football club going to another country even continent. Perhaps China would like the Norwich City castle. Maybe Russia would like Norwich City Cathedral. I know Hitler had plans for Norwich City Hall so maybe the Germans would like to buy that?

You are right that we will still be supporters. But unless there's something 'brewing' that I'm not aware of it won't be our club. It will be owned on another continent. I wonder what Attanasio has on his desk...

Who cares where the owners of our club come from? If everyone had your mentality they’d only buy plums grown in Norfolk and drive an Austin Princess. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who cares where the owners of our club come from? If everyone had your mentality they’d only buy plums grown in Norfolk and drive an Austin Princess. 

Don't care where our owners are from, just want the best for our club. Change can go both ways. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

You will never care. But of course it matters. It matters because our club will have been cut from its roots. The roots that fed it through many difficult times. Will it take root in Milwaukee?

51 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

When the promotions came they couldn’t get enough camera time but tend to hide when the sh1t hits the fan. 

The cameras show them in the directors box. Where do they hide when they're not sitting there?

Edited by nutty nigel

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

"The Buck stops here"..............

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Maybe. Let's hope it's not a devastating button...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

The cameras show them in the directors box. Where do they hide when they're not sitting there?

Every season that’s gone t1ts up there’s nothing from them. They can’t cope and let others do the talking and interviews. Promotion time, well that’s so different isn’t it. She’s waving like a mad woman at the disciples (you’re one of em) and just can’t get enough media time. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Maybe. Let's hope it's not a devastating button...

You and I are cut from the same cloth Nutty, we will both plod our way down to Carrow Rd, come what may. We will not always see eye to eye, we will disagree (and maybe even agree) and we will both hope that that MA has a "The Buck stops here" sign rather than a "Devastating Button"..........OTBC........

• Like 1

wanted him gone last season we never should have started this one with him

was fooled for a few weeks but now its back to the same old one plan stan

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You and I are cut from the same cloth Nutty, we will both plod our way down to Carrow Rd, come what may. We will not always see eye to eye, we will disagree (and maybe even agree) and we will both hope that that MA has a "The Buck stops here" sign rather than a "Devastating Button"..........OTBC........

The greatest joy is plodding down Carrow Road. Whatever the weather...

I nearly burst into song :classic_cool:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Every season that’s gone t1ts up there’s nothing from them. They can’t cope and let others do the talking and interviews. Promotion time, well that’s so different isn’t it. She’s waving like a mad woman at the disciples (you’re one of em) and just can’t get enough media time. 

Considered and objective as ever...

25 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Little known fact. The sign writer got it wrong. Truman was a bit of a car nut, and  meant it to say: “The Buick stops here.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So are you saying you would like the owner to run the club with a team of puppets rather than put a team together to to run the club like we do?

They say football goes through cycles. Welcome back Robert Chase.

no what i am saying is Webber had to much control ,

nobody was holding him to account for terrible recruitment , wasting more money than ever on transfers ,

his wife on the board reviewing his performance ,

Delia and MWJ  trusted them far to much , 

that can not happen someone should of been between Webbers and owners to review their performance