Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Are we singing from the same hymn sheet?

Following the Accounts, the Blackburn match and Brigette on Canary Call, maybe we are?

Wagner is just a symptom. We need to resolve the disease.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Following the Accounts, the Blackburn match and Brigette on Canary Call, maybe we are?

Could you post a photo of the hymn sheet please. 

I think there's a spectrum of opinion ranging from the less cerebral just demanding "Wagner out" or "Delia out" to the nihilists saying "we're heading for League One no matter what we do now". I think everyone recognises that *something* needs to change but there's less agreement on what that change should be.

Most people are also calling for things to happen immediately but I think we've caused most of the problems (including on the pitch) by rushing in rather than looking at the bigger picture. A few more weeks of floundering might afford us the time to get the next steps right.

The main point I'm making (which seems missing from the hymn sheet) is that we really need to get Stuart Webber out before changing the coach and playing style, otherwise his influence could poison the chalice for the next regime as well. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I think there's a spectrum of opinion ranging from the less cerebral just demanding "Wagner out" or "Delia out" to the nihilists saying "we're heading for League One no matter what we do now". I think everyone recognises that *something* needs to change but there's less agreement on what that change should be.

Most people are also calling for things to happen immediately but I think we've caused most of the problems (including on the pitch) by rushing in rather than looking at the bigger picture. A few more weeks of floundering might afford us the time to get the next steps right.

The main point I'm making (which seems missing from the hymn sheet) is that we really need to get Stuart Webber out before changing the coach and playing style, otherwise his influence could poison the chalice for the next regime as well. 

So what you are saying is , don’t rush things BUT hurry up and get rid of Webber. 

We can't even attend the same service let alone sing from the same sheet.

I'm at a total loss what our club is about now and I don't think those remaining know either. Until we know that we cannot move forward.

If we want a time to work that out then Wagner cannot be part of it otherwise we will be resetting from League One. That's not a joke or overreaction, it's a distinct possibility. Think Sunderland, Derby, Ipswich, Bolton etc etc. We are no different.

3 minutes ago, Justin time said:

So what you are saying is , don’t rush things BUT hurry up and get rid of Webber. 

I think the feeling that Webber should have gone has been brewing for months. He should have gone at the end of last season imo. It's just the feeling of stagnation and decline that is fueling the absolute apathy in the stands. Why show your unhappy, when nothing happens apart from those in charge stating they "ignore the noise"

I would.like to see MA take total control and lay out his plans for tye club and team.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

If everyone's in agreement that your accounts, AGMs, and board meetings first, football second, approach is the way it should be then we really are in trouble.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If everyone's in agreement that your accounts, AGMs, and board meetings first, football second, approach is the way it should be then we really are in trouble.

Good God!! I agree with you.  

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

There's "ignore the noise" and then "ignore no noise as no noise is being made".

Is that like " I see no Icebergs" ?

All this club is about now is preserving MWJ and Delias status. It’s being ran by amateurs and they are showing that weekly.

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

My take is 

Webber should have gone when he handed in his notice. We should have hired someone who can do the job out of the gate.

The take over should be exactly that not the mess we’ve been given. 3 years in limbo will see the club move backwards with the inevitable power struggle to come in the boardroom. 

Wagner is underperforming with the squad he has dramatically. 

When combine the 3 and you have a real recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

we really need to get Stuart Webber out before changing the coach and playing style

I think most would agree with this. We need a new start and can't have it until Knapper is in place. But where I've shifted in the last few weeks is that I can no longer see any point in Wagner staying. A few games ago I thought he should stay until Knapper arrives, but we look like losing every game with him at the helm. Got to get a caretaker in, haven't we?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The take over should be exactly that not the mess we’ve been given. 3 years in limbo will see the club move backwards with the inevitable power struggle to come in the boardroom. 

The takeover would be fine at that speed if the other things were in place. I think many underestimate what a big deal it is selling the club to a foreign investor with no connection to the club. It's a decision for the next 20 years and it's worth taking the time to get it right. I think we'll all feel better about it if Knapper and his new coach make a decent start. But uncertainty in all three areas, which is what we have now, is just a perfect storm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The takeover would be fine at that speed if the other things were in place. I think many underestimate what a big deal it is selling the club to a foreign investor with no connection to the club. It's a decision for the next 20 years and it's worth taking the time to get it right. I think we'll all feel better about it if Knapper and his new coach make a decent start. But uncertainty in all three areas, which is what we have now, is just a perfect storm.

Agree

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

How many more sticky plaster solutions would you like following Deano and Wagner?

Bearing in mind that they and their companions seem to get 2 years money for 1 years work, will you be paying for them?

21 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I think most would agree with this. We need a new start and can't have it until Knapper is in place. But where I've shifted in the last few weeks is that I can no longer see any point in Wagner staying. A few games ago I thought he should stay until Knapper arrives, but we look like losing every game with him at the helm. Got to get a caretaker in, haven't we?

Seems a good plan providing Knapper has a totally free hand unencumbered by either of the Webbers.

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

I find it crazy that they come out and said Knapper was in agreement to keep wagner on for the next game,  it already tarnishes him. Why would the club say that. 

C'mon Carra Congregation altogether now an' everyone with gusto sing!....."Oh dear Lord we're going to hell in a hand-cart!"...."Oh dear Lord we're going to hell in a hand-cart!"...."Oh dear Lord we're going to hell in a hand-cart!"...."Oh dear Lord oh yes we fuggin are!".....

(ad infinitum)....

Edited by Mello Yello
.....no reason....I just like pressing buttons.....