S_81

Webber - leaving soon?

The Sun (yeah, I know) reporting Webber will be gone in the next two weeks 

He should have gone already, not surprised if after how this season has gone so far the board have changed their mind in him sticking around.

Biggest result is you’ve beaten Cambridgeshire Canary to posting this, I’m sure he’ll find a way to rehash it somehow 😉 

• Haha 2

I'm not sure what the point is here. If there is one change that really needs to be made it is to find a new head coach. I don't see that Webber leaving soon rather than in a longer while helps that. Unless Knapper is already enough up to speed to recommend a replacement for Wagner to the board. Under the circumstances as they have unfolded Webber was now not going to make that recommendation. It now would have to be Knapper, even if  Webber made suggestions.

• Like 1

Let’s hope so BUT he has a couple of jobs to do before he goes

• needs to sack his mate Wagner and confirm caretaker manager so that isn’t on the new guy
  • Persuade his wife to leave so there is no more of the Webber stench at the club (that may be unfair on her but the reality is that her husband has ruined this clubs best chances to probably ever be a established premier league club again so her position is untenable)

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I'm not sure what the point is here. If there is one change that really needs to be made it is to find a new head coach. I don't see that Webber leaving soon rather than in a longer while helps that. Unless Knapper is already enough up to speed to recommend a replacement for Wagner to the board. Under the circumstances as they have unfolded Webber was now not going to make that recommendation. It now would have to be Knapper, even if  Webber made suggestions.

Which would beg the question why is he still here anyway?

If the major decisions needed to wait for the new guy, which logically they do, are we saying Webber’s built a team that can’t function on the BAU without him?

14 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Biggest result is you’ve beaten Cambridgeshire Canary to posting this, I’m sure he’ll find a way to rehash it somehow 😉 

Haha do I win a prize 

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Quite. I see that as being related to the fact Wagner is leaving too. But perhaps I’m being too optimistic 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Yep, I don't think this is a surprise to many. They'll look at expediting Knapper into his formal position for everyone's sake.

29 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Quite. I see that as being related to the fact Wagner is leaving too. But perhaps I’m being too optimistic 

I wouldnt be against Wagner leaving, but seeing as many a name on this forum mentioned there havent been many mentioned who would suit us. I don't want Warnock/Jack Wiltshire etc. We need someone to play progressive attacking football ala Farke, who can add a backbone to this team. A manager who can galvanize a low confidence team, as its almost getting to the stage this season where it's hard to salvage anything unless action is taken swiftly. It will be an early test to Knapper coming in and fighting the fires in which they're are multiple.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep, I don't think this is a surprise to many. They'll look at expediting Knapper into his formal position for everyone's sake.

Here’s hoping Wagner has already been shown the door prior too 

48 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The only thing it really does is stop fans on here talking as if the fact Webber is still here is having some weird sort of effect on the entire teams performance on the pitch. 

So I guess it's worth it just for that.

Just now, hogesar said:

The only thing it really does is stop fans on here talking as if the fact Webber is still here is having some weird sort of effect on the entire teams performance on the pitch. 

I think more to the point - it stops Webber having any involvement in recruiting a replacement for Wagner. Or at least rids the perception of that if he was never to be involved anyhow. 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry Hoggy but I’ll ask you roughly the same question I asked Purple.

If he’s not influencing the football side still in any capacity, why’s he still here? What are the club paying him for? 

I genuinely don’t personally understand.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If he’s not influencing the football side still in any capacity, why’s he still here? What are the club paying him for? 

No idea. I dont really understand it either and we've hardly been given enough information to really know. 

Maybe when this was all initially thought out and Wagner was going OK, it was for still dealing with the other clubs negotiating ready for January? But with Wagner on thin ice that now feels irrelevant too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Because working at NCFC is like working in Happy Valley. 

Delia absolutely adores Webber and I suspect will keep him here as long as she possibly can. Clearly no-one else wants him or he would have moved on already. My recurring nightmare is that she'll find him a nothing job at the club a la Neil Adams.

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

18 months too late should have gone with Smith, his appointment and when this mess started!

13 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Delia absolutely adores Webber and I suspect will keep him here as long as she possibly can. Clearly no-one else wants him or he would have moved on already. My recurring nightmare is that she'll find him a nothing job at the club a la Neil Adams.

Perhaps she can follow him to their beloved Leeds as they both are Leeds fans at heart!

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Maybe we will strike lucky and Knapper will bring in Carlos Cuesta as head coach with him! And a couple decent loan youngsters from the Arsenal academy….

Edited by Indy

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No idea. I dont really understand it either and we've hardly been given enough information to really know. 

Maybe when this was all initially thought out and Wagner was going OK, it was for still dealing with the other clubs negotiating ready for January? But with Wagner on thin ice that now feels irrelevant too.

Indeed.

If I was in charge personally at this point I wouldn’t want Knapper being tainted in association by any of this. 

Clean slate, Webber and Wagner gone and interim in charge for when Knapper takes over.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Surely Knapper won’t want to come in and just transition from this ****! He will need to have an immediate impact, so I can see both Webber & Wagner shown the door this week and Knapper might even be bought in early if all parties can come to some agreement.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, and to partly answer Monty's question I think what has changed things is the recent drop in results. The choice of Knapper and his delayed arrival and Webber staying on to help him settle in were decided upon when Wagner was doing well, with no thought of replacing him. If the board are on the verge of sacking Wagner then that leisurely timescale is suddenly nonsensical.

• Like 2

Ties in with the next international break which is 2 weeks away. Wagner has until then to sort this shambles out or the international break will be used to find a replacement or caretaker.

imo

In an attempt to protect his reputation I would guess he wants to get out before the proverbial hits the fan.