Sign in to follow this  
OnDaBall

Time for a Warnock?

Nevermind getting a young, up and coming manager, are we in serious danger of needing a Warnock/Big Sam type appointment to just keep us up?

Get a grip. Too many of them on the pitch. Need someone younger and up and coming. Plenty out there  

I realise I am probably panicking and I wouldn't want either of them, but it's looking more like a rescue job than a push for promotion.

Normally I’d be against it but why not? Last two appointments of ‘proper’ managers have been dire. We need a more effective football style. 

17 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd take him for the rest of the season. Knapper gets his guy over the summer.

This definitely. Why not? He could be just what the likes of Idah needs to kickstart his career finally

26 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd take that scenario.

To be fair anyone is a step up on Wagner.

I overheard a bloke in the Cellar House slurring some words about football tactics. Sounded like he knows what he’s talking about. He’d do!

Apparently he is a useless cnut who doesn't play proper football. That he knows how to get the best out of lesser players means nothing apparently.

5 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I overheard a bloke in the Cellar House slurring some words about football tactics. Sounded like he knows what he’s talking about. He’d do!

Wagner was down there having a few was he ?

• Haha 1

I dont want a football mercenary,I want a manager who will commit.Not one who is just here for the money and just walk away if it doesnt work or bask in the glory if it does.

I proposed Warnock mid week. Yes I know he gets shouted down but he has  a solid history of sorting failing teams. 

I actually think it's exactly what we need.

44 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don’t know about Warnock as the person but I think we really need to put a temp guy in charge till the summer personally.

We need to break out of this cycle and reset. That’s not likely to happen mid this season and any manager is going to be tainted.

Let Knapper come in, assess what he wants in terms of Head Coach and players for the football he wants us to play and then start the work towards it with next summer as the reset point.

This season is a bust, this squad isn’t close to good enough for a promotion push. Short term focussed decisions are just going to prolong the agony IMO.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Wagner was down there having a few was he ?

No he said knew what he was talking about so couldn't have been Wagner 

Edited by Don’t be Krul