Bradwell canary

Did he really say this today?

'I had a run of seven games without a win at Huddersfield in the Championship. This is quite normal. But it is about how you respond to it and whether you get driven away by the noise.' 

Did he really say NORMAL!

Enough to make you cry!

4 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

'I had a run of seven games without a win at Huddersfield in the Championship. This is quite normal. But it is about how you respond to it and whether you get driven away by the noise.' 

Did he really say NORMAL!

Enough to make you cry!

Our ED also said the £70 million debt was 'normal' so it is catching.

Normal on his CV. 7 games seems nothing compared to some of his winless streaks. What a loser he is 

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Normal on his CV. 7 games seems nothing compared to some of his winless streaks. What a loser he is 

only 7 is quite good his best effort was 18 winless 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The point in itself is a fair one - look at Boros start to the season. The difference of course is Carrick had credit in the bank from a good season the previous. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

The point in itself is a fair one - look at Boros start to the season. The difference of course is Carrick had credit in the bank from a good season the previous. 

There’s things you say though...

We’ve got recent history. Some of Smiths interviews, especially near the end were full of faux pas.

Honestly the word noise gets thrown around way to much as well it’s infuriating and honestly pretty disrespectful considering it quite blatantly means supporters.

I hope the “ignore the noise” mantra dies with Knapper. It’s a fair internal point, not something to fixate on or you should project to your supporter base.

The thought of having Farke as manager for the next five years and therefore building a regime of consistency and an accomplished style of play always appealed to me although rumours of intransigence, the Cantwell/Gilmour sagas, Drmic and a few other inexplicables were becoming more than a bit off-putting. Results didn't help ... but that's another story.

The thought of Wagner the ultimate "nowhere man" at the helm for the next five months is perfectly horrifying. Quite frankly, he could win the next six games in a row and I still wouldn't be convinced, besides he'd probably lose the next eight in any case.

He had his last, and in retrospect unwarranted, throw of the dice with the Summer transformation. I was convinced along with many others than he had taken the right path. That, that path turned out to be so narrow, that the team seems to be going backwards before our very eyes, that his tactical ineptness is there for all to witness and with appalling consistency is enough.

We don't even look like staying in contention when the Sargent/Barnes partnership returns such is the rate of our tumble down the standings.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The thought of having Farke as manager for the next five years and therefore building a regime of consistency and an accomplished style of play always appealed to me although rumours of intransigence, the Cantwell/Gilmour sagas, Drmic and a few other inexplicables were becoming more than a bit off-putting. Results didn't help ... but that's another story.

The thought of Wagner the ultimate "nowhere man" at the helm for the next five months is perfectly horrifying. Quite frankly, he could win the next six games in a row and I still wouldn't be convinced, besides he'd probably lose the next eight in any case.

He had his last, and in retrospect unwarranted, throw of the dice with the Summer transformation. I was convinced along with many others than he had taken the right path. That, that path turned out to be so narrow, that the team seems to be going backwards before our very eyes, that his tactical ineptness is there for all to witness and with appalling consistency is enough.

We don't even look like staying in contention when the Sargent/Barnes partnership returns such is the rate of our tumble down the standings.

I still think Farke was lucky to be sacked when he was. Another dismal season in the Prem (which is how it was looking) would have seen goodwill start to drop off, and without Buendia I’m not convinced we’d have gone straight back up, especially with Pukki not as sharp as he had been in previous seasons. People forget just how average our results were without Buendia even when we walked the league 

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Wagner like many head coaches today has the final say on transfers etc, he may be asked for his opinion on what he thinks he needs but with a SD and a large scouting network you'd assume that he is pretty much told what sort of squad he will be working with for the coming season. 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

The need to jump in every comment is a bit tiresome. It's just the way the guy speaks.

Well I wish he would speak quieter.

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

I'm not sure that Wagner like many head coaches today has the final say on transfers etc, he may be asked for his opinion on what he thinks he needs but with a SD and a large scouting network you'd assume that he is pretty much told what sort of squad he will be working with for the coming season. 

He had a far greater input than our 2 previous coaches, that's why we added so much 'experience' this summer. Both Farke and Smith would've loved to have players that didn't need developing but they rarely got given that. Take Fassnacht for example, for our large scouting network we managed to end up with a near 30 year old who worked with Wagner before.

• Like 1

It was a daft thing to say at this point in time, especially after last season's capitulation. A bit like some of the stuff Smith used to come out with.

He needs to pull his finger out and win the next 5, we might have some respect for him then.

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

There’s things you say though...

We’ve got recent history. Some of Smiths interviews, especially near the end were full of faux pas.

Honestly the word noise gets thrown around way to much as well it’s infuriating and honestly pretty disrespectful considering it quite blatantly means supporters.

I hope the “ignore the noise” mantra dies with Knapper. It’s a fair internal point, not something to fixate on or you should project to your supporter base.

'ignore' is the poor word here, why not 'filter the noise'.

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So it's normal for a team aiming for promotion to not win in 7? What drugs is he on and can I borrow some? Mind need them tommorow around 3pm..

I think we have to adjust our expectations. For me avoiding relegation is the new hope