Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Co😂ks

Are all the happy clappers on here c*cks 

Edited by City fan
I had to edit as I'm a c*ck

13 hours ago, City fan said:

Are all the happy clappers on here c*cks 

Not so much a Happy Clapper as an "I say, jolly well played" kind of fan. But can someone tell me which of the more than a dozen threads started yesterday teatime one should read, since it looks like they are saying the same thing in not much different ways, and life is a bit too short for that...🤩

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Why is it always the same posters who try and justify these losses? “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless” brigade. I take note of posters and it’s always the same people.

Every year we’ve ever been relegated they’d spend all season calling people bed wetters and claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless etc. 

Every season they’re proved wrong yet there’s not even a seed of doubt in their minds that they know more about football and are superior to everyone else.

They must just be hardcore double downers, never wrong types. Even when they are wrong. Just push it out they’re brains and move on.

16 hours ago, king canary said:

To be fair this exists on both sides of the coin- plenty will insist all is doom and we're getting relegated despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do agree though there is an awfully smug crowd who like to claim intellectual superiority and when things start to go badly will lash out rather than admit they were wrong. Its how we end up with the inevitable 'it's actually the fans fault not the manager/players/owners who I've previously backed to the hilt' threads that will be here soon.

I figured i'd need less than 24 hours to find an example of the "doom" side of the coin being childish, immature, calling out, and in this case just an attempt to be offensive.

I raise it because I haven't seen many "happy clappy" fans lash out, but I do regularly see threads like the one I'm posting in. Last time was an entire thread dedicated to me by DCB because we lost a game.

If there's one set of fans that regularly go OTT, offensive and create entire threads based on it, I know which set I can count on....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I figured i'd need less than 24 hours to find an example of the "doom" side of the coin being childish, immature, calling out, and in this case just an attempt to be offensive.

I raise it because I haven't seen many "happy clappy" fans lash out, but I do regularly see threads like the one I'm posting in. Last time was an entire thread dedicated to me by DCB because we lost a game.

If there's one set of fans that regularly go OTT, offensive and create entire threads based on it, I know which set I can count on....

It happens for sure. The idea it's just one side that will be rude, offensive etc is just a bit silly. You just happen to sit on one side so notice it more from the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

It happens for sure. The idea it's just one side that will be rude, offensive etc is just a bit silly. You just happen to sit on one side so notice it more from the other.

I've had 3 or 4 threads in the past year individually calling me out for whatever reason. I've not returned the favour once. I've not seen a single "happy clapper" thread specifically to call out and insult an individual on the opposite spectrum, have you?

It'd be nice to think it's 50/50 but I'm not sure the evidence backs that up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've had 3 or 4 threads in the past year individually calling me out for whatever reason. I've not returned the favour once. I've not seen a single "happy clapper" thread specifically to call out and insult an individual on the opposite spectrum, have you?

We had a poster quoting every single post that was negative about the team selection in order to call them all idiots after we won and claiming they all actually wanted us to lose.

You getting singled out obviously isn't on. But it's not one sided.

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Really? There are lots there if you look calling people Binners etc and poor supporters 

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

We had a poster quoting every single post that was negative about the team selection in order to call them all idiots after we won and claiming they all actually wanted us to lose.

Oh 100% it's not one-sided. I just thought since "one side" was brought up by @BigGrantsTash it was well worth a mention as if anything it's "more sided on one side". Something about sides, anyway. Sides sides sides.

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Really? There are lots there if you look calling people Binners etc and poor supporters 

Generally the binner stuff is tongue in cheek but of course there may some legitimate claims, who knows. Like I say, not one sided but I never see entire threads devoted to one nay-sayer.

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

I suspect what annoys we supposed happy clappers is that there are several posters here -  and, no, I am not going to name them - who almost invariably only post, even to the extent of starting yet another unnecessary thread, when there has been a bad result.

One of them actually admitted as such, saying they regarded that as being balanced! With another you can tell the result without knowing it because if they haven't posted we have done well and if they have (again in this case delighting us all with a new thread) we have done badly. 

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, king canary said:

It is instructive that that post is still living rent free in your head, and in the heads of a few other posters. It rather proves the point. Some posters reacted with a alright, I am surprised I was wrong there. Some used it to give me a little tweak in later matchday post and fair play to them. Some reacted with dogs own abuse. They couldn't enjoy a win that ran counter to their received opiion, they were seriously angry and disappointed.

That said it is not necessarily one sided, but it is asymmetic . @hogesar seems to attrct particularly ire when as far as I can see he is only polite and objective.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

They absolutely love a bit of cook.

delia-smith-norfolk-1616165268.jpg

This thread panned out well! Should have stayed in the kitchen for the good of the Pant Wetters!😂

15 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

They absolutely love a bit of cook.

delia-smith-norfolk-1616165268.jpg

I know it’s bad but I literally can’t stand the sight of her anymore. That’s got to be bad, that cannot be a good thing that I feel that way.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I know it’s bad but I literally can’t stand the sight of her anymore. That’s got to be bad, that cannot be a good thing that I feel that way.

I’m sure the feeling is mutual

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You Matter.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I suspect what annoys we supposed happy clappers is that there are several posters here -  and, no, I am not going to name them - who almost invariably only post, even to the extent of starting yet another unnecessary thread, when there has been a bad result.

One of them actually admitted as such, saying they regarded that as being balanced! With another you can tell the result without knowing it because if they haven't posted we have done well and if they have (again in this case delighting us all with a new thread) we have done badly. 

I can't possibly think who you mean.

Anyway, in completely separate news,I see our fiend from the Highlands was posting again, which is good to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is quite predictable, isn’t it.  You needn’t keep up with a game, just venture on here a couple of hours later and if it’s quiet you’ll know we won.

I joined this mb originally over 20 years ago, to keep up with things as a distant supporter.  I’m pretty sure it used to be far more upbeat and interesting even though we were pretty crap on the pitch. I certainly don’t recall all this ‘happy clapper’ garbage, we were all just supporters.

It does seem to me that a sense of entitlement has crept in which wasn’t there in the past, but perhaps that is because we were pretty ordinary at the time.  It’s fair enough that we should want to be as high up as we can be but I’ve always been rather pleased that as supporters we didn’t consider that we are ‘entitled’ to it…unlike some binner fans who have this misguided opinion that they are everyone’s second team, what with all their ‘history’ (which is really no better than most other sides).

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m sure the feeling is mutual

Found the “I shook delias hand in a motorway service station” er

34 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Never liked her. Counting down the days til we're finally rid. 30 years of lowering standards for the happy clappers and NFN's to fawn over having a D list celebrity cook in charge of little 'ol Norwich. Int we lucky Buh!

Oh and never forget. Delia is a binner.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.EBjZUpMXsAM9o7i.png.2068049bc7d1f23f7f14629e6b8860a7.png

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Found the “I shook delias hand in a motorway service station” er

Eh?  That’s a bit weird, but plus ca change.  

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

There are obvious binners. A special prize if you can spot the two on this thread.😉

Just now, Herman said:

There are obvious binners. A special prize if you can spot the two on this thread.😉

Here's one 

All the best.

Big Keith Scott

EBjZUpMXsAM9o7i.png

There are or certainly those supporters who have failed to criticise the club when all the evidence historically showing all is not well.  They are known as the Happy Clappers you know who you are.  However seemingly a dying breed lately but they will be back.  The opposing camp like to be considered the Realists and are now in the ascendancy.  Realists hate Clappers because they hold the club back as some of those in charge consider their failure to criticise proves the negative feelings are not held by everyone?

22 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Never liked her. Counting down the days til we're finally rid. 30 years of lowering standards for the happy clappers and NFN's to fawn over having a D list celebrity cook in charge of little 'ol Norwich. Int we lucky Buh!

Oh and never forget. Delia is a binner.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.EBjZUpMXsAM9o7i.png.2068049bc7d1f23f7f14629e6b8860a7.png

It’s very sad, but her legacy is for s41t

no statue, no plaque, no training pitch or stand named after her. It’s all dead. That’s not good, it actually makes me very sad.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is quite predictable, isn’t it.  You needn’t keep up with a game, just venture on here a couple of hours later and if it’s quiet you’ll know we won.

I joined this mb originally over 20 years ago, to keep up with things as a distant supporter.  I’m pretty sure it used to be far more upbeat and interesting even though we were pretty crap on the pitch. I certainly don’t recall all this ‘happy clapper’ garbage, we were all just supporters.

It does seem to me that a sense of entitlement has crept in which wasn’t there in the past, but perhaps that is because we were pretty ordinary at the time.  It’s fair enough that we should want to be as high up as we can be but I’ve always been rather pleased that as supporters we didn’t consider that we are ‘entitled’ to it…unlike some binner fans who have this misguided opinion that they are everyone’s second team, what with all their ‘history’ (which is really no better than most other sides).

I think that the sense of entitlement isn't unique to this board, pretty much all football fans seem to have it these days regardless of the club and their history