Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

You wouldn’t want…

you wouldn’t want this squad in a relegation fight would you? No hunger, no bite, no mental strength. Weak, weak, weak. At this rate it could happen too. Our form is dismal 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

you wouldn’t want this squad in a relegation fight would you? No hunger, no bite, no mental strength. Weak, weak, weak. At this rate it could happen too. Our form is dismal 

Let’s get it going - Wagner out 

Appears to match many of our supporters* who gave up before a ball was kicked.

*edit: at least the ones on here. I’m thinking of giving up In this place after nearly 20 years as it’s beyond parody 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Appears to match many of our supporters who gave up before a ball was kicked.

However you spin it, its a bit of a mess either way 

On 21/10/2023 at 20:04, Branston Pickle said:

Appears to match many of our supporters who gave up before a ball was kicked.

Because people  like you think there’s nothing wrong with the club do you ffs? 

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Blaming the fans is a new low Branston. This is poorly down to a below average squad and some awful game management and substitutions. You could smell it coming and it did. Again. Poor - and a reflection of the board and players not the fans 

1 minute ago, Spillay said:

However you spin it, its a bit of a mess either way 

I’m spinning nothing at all.  Look at almost every single thread pre game.

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Blaming the fans is a new low Branston. This is poorly down to a below average squad and some awful game management and substitutions. You could smell it coming and it did. Again. Poor - and a reflection of the board and players not the fans 

Who said I was blaming the fans? 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Appears to match many of our supporters* who gave up before a ball was kicked.

*edit: at least the ones on here. I’m thinking of giving up In this place after nearly 20 years as it’s beyond parody 

Perhaps people are puzzled why the likes of you relentlessly defend such poor standards that are dragging this club downwards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m spinning nothing at all.  Look at almost every single thread pre game.

I wasnt referring to YOU i ment in general.. 

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because idiots like you think there’s nothing wrong with the club do you ffs? 

Charmed, I’m sure.  So whingeing endlessly is helpful?

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Perhaps people are puzzled why the likes of you relentlessly defend such poor standards that are dragging this club downwards. 

There's many on here who have been defending low standards for 27 years....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Sad 1

Just now, Keith Scott said:

There's many on here who have been defending low standards for 27 years....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Agreed. To the point that you’d be forgiven for thinking the club has aliases writing on here 

It’s not whinging endlessly, it’s seeing what’s blatantly obvious. Sadly fools like you think nothing is wrong though. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Agreed. To the point that you’d be forgiven for thinking the club has aliases writing on here 

Wonder if that Delia seat sniffer Mick Dennis still posts on here. Got a feeling he does....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Wonder if that Delia seat sniffer Mick Dennis still posts on here. Got a feeling he does....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Probably has a few accounts 

Just now, Virtual reality said:

6 defeats in 9 and 1 win in the last 7. This is only going one way. 

It’s going the way of the run at the end of last season - when it was obvious he should have been out of the job 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fans have the right to moan- we are all so frustrated

34 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I dont think that's a fair accusation of this squad. They didn't stop working hard. They don't tend to down tools.

But tactically they were bypassed far too easy and I'm not sure that's on the players.

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You defending those taking us backwards is more helpful is it?

I’m defending no one.  But nor am I whingeing. 

People have a right to whinge. I wish they would have done it more loudly in and out of the ground for a long time now. We are far too passive as a fan base 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I dont think that's a fair accusation of this squad. They didn't stop working hard. They don't tend to down tools.

But tactically they were bypassed far too easy and I'm not sure that's on the players.

I agree with you - I don't see any lack of effort on the part of the players. As you say, it's poor tactics, especially within games. We have lost so many points this season due to bad substitutions, for example.

I wanted Wagner to succeed because I get the feeling he's very good at the human side of his job, but my impression is that he overthinks and refuses to do the obvious.

EDIT: Where I disagree with you, though, is that I think the key problem has been Webber for the last two and a half years. He got lucky, began to believe his own publicity, and on the pitch he has dragged our club down to where it was when he took it over, and probably below that level.

Edited by canarybubbles

32 minutes ago, S_81 said:

People have a right to whinge. I wish they would have done it more loudly in and out of the ground for a long time now. We are far too passive as a fan base 

Indeed they do, but I do wonder if it has to be quite so relentless.

The problem is that we appear to have to be in specific ‘camps’. I’m not overly a fan of Wagner or Delia; I also found the love in for Farke utterly ridiculous (but never particularly wanted him binned), and the hatred of Smith a bit bemusing (but he clearly didn’t ‘fit’).  They are transient roles, they will try to do their best.

My concern/problem today/for this game was the relentless negativity going into it among people on here.  I don’t think anyone predicted a win or even a draw, which is weird.  I just don’t get it. I’ll always be upbeat and look for the positives and hope/expect us to win.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Really,  did you watch Duffy and Gibson come up the pitch for the free kick which they scored from, their body language was horrendous,  they had no positivity what so ever, it must have given Sara so much doubt whether to cross it in. Wouldn't it have been lovely to have a proper defensive midfielder come on at 2 , 0 instead of sprigget .