16 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Surely wouldn’t come here? 

Why not? Young, good pedigree and must jump at the chance to manage a club, especially one of our size?. I’d like to see that type of appointment who isn’t going to be scared to use the younger talent where needed! Good connections too.

Just now, Indy said:

Why not? Young, good pedigree and must jump at the chance to manage a club, especially one of our size?. I’d like to see that type of appointment who isn’t going to be scared to use the younger talent where needed! Good connections too.

I’d go pick him up and drive him here now if we could replace Wagner with him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

I’d go pick him up and drive him here now if we could replace Wagner with him. 

Me too, but while Webber hangs about there’s zero chance of any change! The entire club is still in limbo from board room to dressing room, we’ve bought in old players just seeing out their careers and little motivation in long term plans! That needs to change!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Me too, but while Webber hangs about there’s zero chance of any change! The entire club is still in limbo from board room to dressing room, we’ve bought in old players just seeing out their careers and little motivation in long term plans! That needs to change!

Should have been gone long ago. I’d be surprised if he now has offers. Club will sadly leave him hanging around 

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

We need to get a good coach who has worked with the new incoming SD, how about Carlos Cuesta? 

It’s a gamble as all appointments are but Ipswich seem to have done alright with their new guy from Man Utd. Maybe we should go with someone like him ? We went for an untested Farke and that didn’t turn out too badly. He can’t have been on a fortune in wages initially either.

Wagner’s on a year long rolling contract so it won’t cost a fortune to replace him.

• Like 1

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Robins? 

Should have been last time. But we won’t buy out his contract 

• Like 1

Wagner is Webbers boy and my thoughts on Webber are very clear.

He’s not the Diet Coke Farke, he’s not even the Aldi Cola Farke. 

He represents in entirety what we have been reduced to as a club almost perfectly. That this is the guy we attract.

I’ve stuck by Wagner but the last four games have convinced me he’s got no balls to drop senior players even when it’s clear that our CB pairing are far too slow, too old, the best performance came from young Warner! Pace and calm!

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Wagner is Webbers boy and my thoughts on Webber are very clear.

He’s not the Diet Coke Farke, he’s not even the Aldi Cola Farke. 

He represents in entirety what we have been reduced to as a club almost perfectly. That this is the guy we attract.

He's the tea in Brummie McTeamugs cup. 

57 minutes ago, FCC said:

Surely the new Sporting Director knows some young coaches. I would rather have someone starting out who at least will learn and improve. This clown is hopeless, and that’s after Smith. 

How about the Arseanl Ladies coach Eidevall?

Just now, Indy said:

I’ve stuck by Wagner but the last four games have convinced me he’s got no balls to drop senior players even when it’s clear that our CB pairing are far too slow, too old, the best performance came from young Warner! Pace and calm!

Yet doesn't even get a sniff at the squad following on from that, yet springett who does the square root of **** all gets game time 🤷

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He's the tea in Brummie McTeamugs cup. 

Remember Webbers beaming face when he appointed Deano

his top target

imagine backing Webber

The whole top level leadership of this club is cancerous, every one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Remember Webbers beaming face when he appointed Deano

his top target

imagine backing Webber

The whole top level leadership of this club is cancerous, every one of them.

Surely the new investors must be licking their lips the lower we finish. Licence to print money. 

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think he'd become one of the youngest coaches in the history of English football at just 28. For that reason, he'd probably prefer to be an assistant to Arteta for a few more years before making the jump to senior management.

What is really frustrating for me is that we have a player in Sara who is clearly at a level above Championship level. If any other club in the Championship had him - other than perhaps the relegated sides - they would build their team around him, make sure they had a solid defence, give Sara the freedom of the park, and rely on him to produce goals similar to his goal today.  We are wasting him.

4 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Surely the new investors must be licking their lips the lower we finish. Licence to print money. 

Delia could be in a coma and only able to communicate with a Red and Green light and she’ll still keep a stranglehold on this club. She’s going nowhere and the business being done with Mark unpronounceable surname is the dodgiest, weirdest thing that’s ever been done in football finance. Ever.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

What is really frustrating for me is that we have a player in Sara who is clearly at a level above Championship level. If any other club in the Championship had him - other than perhaps the relegated sides - they would build their team around him, make sure they had a solid defence, give Sara the freedom of the park, and rely on him to produce goals similar to his goal today.  We are wasting him.

He’s gonnnnnnne next year. He gonnnnnnnne! Lol!

Just now, The Real Buh said:

He’s gonnnnnnne next year. He gonnnnnnnne! Lol!

Or maybe even in January. God knows how bad we are going to look with him and Rowe sold.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

W..O..W

Screenshot_20231021-190328~2.png

In some ways, he's right (and I'm not a happy clapper supporting the unsupportable, as my posting history will prove). It was a good performance, for sixty minutes. The problem is that games last for 90+. And tactics need to be tweaked during games.

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

W..O..W

Screenshot_20231021-190328~2.png

Big yikes. There really does not need to be a positive spin of every performance. We were lucky to be 2-0 and threw it away. 

Edited by GRB2

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

In some ways, he's right (and I'm not a happy clapper supporting the unsupportable, as my posting history will prove). It was a good performance, for sixty minutes. The problem is that games last for 90+. And tactics need to be tweaked during games.

Even in the first half we rode our luck on several occasions, and had Leeds' woeful finishing to thank for going in at half time level. But generally, it wasn't a bad performance.

The lack of tactical awareness in the second was pretty shocking though, and I'm not sure what Wagner was thinking. I like the fact he has a consistent plan, but the plan does leave us open quite often so I'm not sure why you wouldn't tweak it when we were 2-0 up in the second half against a very strong team with several talented forwards.

• Like 1

The fact is injuries have killed our season before it really got going. Then disappointing replacements brought in haven't helped. The failure seems like from above in my opinion and Wagner doesn't really have the personnel, or he doesn't seem to want to pick the right team. Personally Gibbs, Idah, Hernandez shouldn't of started today. I would of brought in Forshaw to add some steal, if we brought in Hwang I would rather stick with him as he has some pedigree despite not seeing it yet. The reliance on waiting for Sainz, Barnes and Sargeant to come back from injury is really only our slight glimmer of hope.