Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Matchday Music.

Throughout my life I have listened and loved a whole range if music, and I continue to explore new music. Born 70 years ago I love so many genres including trance!!

However,  with a crowd of 26000 people, covering all ages, I really find the choice of run out music,  in particular, absolutely ear piercing and horrible. I believe it is Guns and Roses, but of all music too choose, surely something better can be played?

The Wembley DJ who visited the other week played some good upbeat music,  music,  I suggest,  more people could relate too. That was enjoyable and wouldn't it be more fun if before the match the club played music a larger number of fans knew.?

Certainly the DJ in the Queen of Icini before the Leicester match knew how to get the fans singing. Maybe it's time the club re thought the matchday music?

What do you all think?

• Like 1

I disagree, Welcome to the Jungle is as good as any entry music that we have had in recent years and if anything pumps the crowd.

However the pre match / warm up music is terrible - just a mix of bad dance / grime / chart ****. 
Now i respect that they wont play more chilled out music but something perhaps a little more timeless would be nice. 

I thought that DJ was tinpot AF and didnt do anything out of the ordinary. 

If anything I just think it's all a bit too loud. There's no possibility of building any kind of atmosphere. It was also a bit weird before the second half as Birmingham were so late out the music went on for an awkward period. It definitely needs some thought. 

I’ve been complaining about the “music” for ages but to no avail.  As mentioned, the crowd are mixed ages leaning towards older and the noise that comes out of the amplifiers before the match is deafening.  No chance to chat with fellow fans who we meet every game to discuss team selection etc unless prepared to shout and even then can’t hear each other.  Just need some lively bouncy music to get people in the mood.

I was told once that the players choose the music but can’t understand that as they presumably can’t hear it - but then maybe they can as it’s so loud!!

Dunno if this is hearsay but I heard one of the reasons all clubs pump out loud music pre game is to drown out fan chants / conversations pre game / half time so it is not picked up for a TV audience. Not sure how true this is.

If the players are picking the music to be played (doubt that as well as they surely got other stuff going on) then there music taste stinks.
Our captain(s) are Scottish and no Proclaimers so I call BS.

Crepe sound system at City as per usual.  Could not understand what was being said needs updating but as it will cost no chance of improvement.  Until then usual pre match rubbish.  Second to jungle classic rock but awful if delivery awful.

9 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Throughout my life I have listened and loved a whole range if music, and I continue to explore new music. Born 70 years ago I love so many genres including trance!!

However,  with a crowd of 26000 people, covering all ages, I really find the choice of run out music,  in particular, absolutely ear piercing and horrible. I believe it is Guns and Roses, but of all music too choose, surely something better can be played?

The Wembley DJ who visited the other week played some good upbeat music,  music,  I suggest,  more people could relate too. That was enjoyable and wouldn't it be more fun if before the match the club played music a larger number of fans knew.?

Certainly the DJ in the Queen of Icini before the Leicester match knew how to get the fans singing. Maybe it's time the club re thought the matchday music?

What do you all think?

Harry, why haven’t we heard from you on the What y’all listening to thread?

That is weird. I am possibly too interested in how the board works, but the first post actually looks like this:

IMG_0062.jpeg

The speakers/PA system badly needs modernising, it sounds awful

I’d like to hear the Prodigy’s cover of L7’s Fuel My Fire before games. Or Roots by Sepultura. Should make sure everyone is awake for kick off if nothing else. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’d like to hear the Prodigy’s cover of L7’s Fuel My Fire before games. Or Roots by Sepultura. Should make sure everyone is awake for kick off if nothing else. 

Dunno I think coming out to Beck - Loser sets out our intent.

I would love to see the reaction to roots though, would shake some false teeth out 🤣

• Haha 2