TIL 1010

Still No Flags.

There were definitely SOME flags. Both pre-match and as the players ran out after half time. There was also a DJ and of course the drum and its entourage. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

There were definitely SOME flags. Both pre-match and as the players ran out after half time. There was also a DJ and of course the drum and its entourage. 

The DJ confused me with the **** she played. 

The last excuse offered was that it was raining and when put away damp they would get damaged and previous excuses used numerous times has been surrounding lack of volunteers to put them out.

Glorious day yesterday and a packed Lower Barclay so what was it @Puntino ?

Good to see you're keeping an eye on when I log in @TIL 1010.

To answer your question, I'm sure they'll be out again at some point, not sure when but we'd been chatting to the club about a bit of a refresh and potential change of approach which might mean we're less reliant on the small waving flags. 

Weather is a factor as the place the flags are stored doesn't air well at all and some are damaged beyond repair because of this.

Yes, volunteer capacity is an issue, many of us have had circumstances change which has meant not being able to assist as much. There's not really an easy answer to that, we've gone out for volunteers in the past and had pretty low take up, as it's a fair commitment on a match day, and can mean getting at the ground 3 hours prior to kick off. Appreciate you have put yourself forward before, but it does require a good few people to get a decent coverage of the Barclay. 

I don't log in here regularly and only usually do so when people alert me to a post about flags, so probably best to communicate with ACN about any flag related stuff via our email address, alongcomenorwich@gmail.com 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Puntino said:

Good to see you're keeping an eye on when I log in @TIL 1010.

To answer your question, I'm sure they'll be out again at some point, not sure when but we'd been chatting to the club about a bit of a refresh and potential change of approach which might mean we're less reliant on the small waving flags. 

Weather is a factor as the place the flags are stored doesn't air well at all and some are damaged beyond repair because of this.

Yes, volunteer capacity is an issue, many of us have had circumstances change which has meant not being able to assist as much. There's not really an easy answer to that, we've gone out for volunteers in the past and had pretty low take up, as it's a fair commitment on a match day, and can mean getting at the ground 3 hours prior to kick off. Appreciate you have put yourself forward before, but it does require a good few people to get a decent coverage of the Barclay. 

I don't log in here regularly and only usually do so when people alert me to a post about flags, so probably best to communicate with ACN about any flag related stuff via our email address, alongcomenorwich@gmail.com 

The keeping an eye related to me wanting to see if you had seen the post where i had tagged you in so looks like a case of 3rd time lucky for an answer. ( winks )

I find it disappointing that the best response at this moment in time is that you are sure they will be out again at some point especially as David Wagner has gone out of his way to embrace the fans as a whole with the team. The feel good factor has thankfully returned especially at the end of a game at the Barclay end following a victory.

Would not the crowd surfers be a better option if lack of volunteers which i could fully understand during the Dean Smith era but surely not now have been the major stumbling block ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

It will be three months to the day since i started this thread when we play the Scum on Saturday and i am not really interested in lame excuses and buck passing to ACN whoever they may in fact be. To be honest it is never going to happen again that they will come out of the cupboard under the Barclay.

However as the atmosphere is going to be pumped before kick off with renditions of Hey Jude and blue and white feckin flags waved everywhere under our noses so how about the crowd surfers that we have being taken to Block V1 and V2 on Saturday @Puntino. That is of course if any of Barclay Project or ACN actually will be going.

• Like 2

Hiya @TIL 1010, flags will be back in the Barclay on Tuesday night for the Watford game. I know you've said about helping put them out before, so if that's of interest, just drop us an email alongcomenorwich @ gmail.com (as I really don't check here often) with your full name and we'll add you to the list. People are meeting at 5.30 at the Carrow Road security office. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puntino said:

Hiya @TIL 1010, flags will be back in the Barclay on Tuesday night for the Watford game. I know you've said about helping put them out before, so if that's of interest, just drop us an email alongcomenorwich @ gmail.com (as I really don't check here often) with your full name and we'll add you to the list. People are meeting at 5.30 at the Carrow Road security office. 

This will be the one and only home game i am missing this season as i am currently in Lanzarote but will be watching your efforts in a bar in Puerto Calero. Good luck  and i will certainly be up for helping at the Scum game when i hope all stops will be pulled out.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 16:44, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

also no drummer with whom to irritate the binners

Thats a good thing!

Binner's would tell us how tinpot and pathetic it is and all we could do is hang our heads in shame.

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This will be the one and only home game i am missing this season as i am currently in Lanzarote but will be watching your efforts in a bar in Puerto Calero.

Watching the Canaries in the Canaries?

That's a bit on the nose.

Any chance of getting flags elsewhere in the ground? I sit in the South Stand. This it would look pretty good IMO.

20% of the flags are probably in the back of the cupboard all rotten and mouldy stinking the place out...

:classic_ninja:

Some of the flags walked out of the Lion and Castle a couple of games ago. They are stored in the cupboard in the gents and some bright spark left the door wide open. Saw at least 2 of the huge ones depart with the security even holding the door open for one of the thieving scamps! 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Puntino said:

Great work @Puntino

Disappointing to see a bit of flack go your way about this. The flags look fantastic and some of the displays in 18/19 were incredible and made for some iconic images that season. 

Never really appreciated the effort required. So kudos for that! 

Hope you stay motivated and continue to churn out great Norwich City related content, including the podcast which is by far the best Norwich City podcast out there!

• Like 3

I prefer the blow-up canaries, and what about all those rattles you see on these old clips? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I prefer the blow-up canaries, and what about all those rattles you see on these old clips? 

every chance a proper rattle would be confiscated before you got in the ground

22 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

every chance a proper rattle would be confiscated before you got in the ground

I'm not talking about a snake here 😁😁

Use a printed one or plastic or even card. It's only the rattle (gearwheel?) bit that makes the noise, not the construct? At least I think so. Not really sufficiently acoustic technical in that respect, and besides the noise they are capable of making probably wouldn't be tolerated nowadays.

Perhaps these then:

image.jpeg.96d3353407308b7773e7e8f7c4e03e09.jpeg

We can be blown into the play-offs?

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Great work @Puntino

Disappointing to see a bit of flack go your way about this. The flags look fantastic and some of the displays in 18/19 were incredible and made for some iconic images that season. 

Never really appreciated the effort required. So kudos for that! 

Hope you stay motivated and continue to churn out great Norwich City related content, including the podcast which is by far the best Norwich City podcast out there!

Seconded, especially the bit I put in italics. Love the flags and ACN'S stuff. All power to you guys. @Puntino