Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Webber Wages

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

Wow what a balanced response, it’s anytime after two years and a few months, and if you can read I never said for certain I said after….but with your constant need to find something to whine about you try and make your own narrative, but hey well done on your negativity, and as i pointed out the two relegations a number of times! But don’t let that distract from your whining! 
I don’t need to win the lotto each week I have all I want thank you, maybe if you learn to become content it might enrich your life! 

My life is great thanks, as for whining I’m not whining I’m just giving a response that shows both sides if that’s whining then you are indeed very strange.

You epitomise all that’s wrong with this forum that if somebody had a different POV to yours and May say negative things about the club, they are ridiculed and told they are wrong. It’s pathetic that people cannot have an alternative POV to yours and if they do they are a bad person. 

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

My life is great thanks, as for whining I’m not whining I’m just giving a response that shows both sides if that’s whining then you are indeed very strange.

You epitomise all that’s wrong with this forum that if somebody had a different POV to yours and May say negative things about the club, they are ridiculed and told they are wrong. It’s pathetic that people cannot have an alternative POV to yours and if they do they are a bad person. 

What is your point of view which differs? Because every post I’ve said about relegations and in time for the take over! So point out you POV, I can’t see it! All I see is you whining about two relegations but no reference to championship titles!

22 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Two relegations too along with some abysmal signings also, I get so fed up when people do this and quote the good without mentioning the bad, it’s like people have forgotten we went to League One under the current ownership that can appear to do no wrong!

Takeover? No takeover has happened, Attanasio has joined the board but not taken over. 

If it is agreed, he will be a joint majority shareholder won't he?  Or his group will be. So what does t hat make him? People have called Delia "the owner" before, and she's not. She currently is joint majority shareholder.

This is about as close to a takeover as you can get without someone having an overall majority. It's as good as. I would hasten to add that this is also looking very much like a handover period. Mr A gets two and a half years to operate within the club, make some tweaks and changes. Then in 2026 he can step in as the majority owner - though of course, it's a group rather than just him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davidlingfield said:

Fair enough, although I struggle to see how she can be an integral part - certainly one that justifies a £425k pa salary.

So the link between Mark A and the Webbers is interesting. He has, in interviews, stated that they were a large part of him being interested in Norwich City FC having been looking for a club to invest in for around 10yrs.

There are quite obvious connections if you scratch beneath the very thin surface. Mark A has also stated in interviews that he is good friends with the Liverpool owners and has sought their advice etc over the last decade when it comes to all things football, including investing at Norwich. If you consider that link, it's not hard to consider that their owners may have pointed him in the direction of Mark W to talk to. Not really much of a leap at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is that the same Ben who set up the away membership scheme you're so vocally against? 

He said that Delia was strongly in favour. Why was there such a void and then an announcement 1 day before the fixture list came out? He has to follow the club line but equally we can read between the lines.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

He said that Delia was strongly in favour. Why was there such a void and then an announcement 1 day before the fixture list came out? He has to follow the club line but equally we can just make shoite up.

Sorted.  

14 hours ago, essex canary said:

Because he is going to run the Club with less than 50% shareholding just like RC.

There was me thinking he was going to hold 40% alongside D&M jointly and all decisions are to be made jointly also something that never happened under Chase.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

How many championship titles in the 5 seasons preceeding Webber vs those with Webber?

Actually let's be even more unfair on Webber. How many championship titles did our club attain in 4x the amount of time Webber has had, so 20 years?

Surely with Webber and Co being so average, we'd have soooo many more in the TWENTY YEARS before them...

The Lambert years gave us two titles for starters and throw in a playoff final win as well all in recent memory.. I won't go too far back in history as that is beyond your remit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There was me thinking he was going to hold 40% alongside D&M jointly and all decisions are to be made jointly also something that never happened under Chase.

And beyond 2026 alongside Resolution 2?

Just now, essex canary said:

And beyond 2026 alongside Resolution 2?

Your comparison to Robert Chase is ludicrous in the extreme but we expect nothing less from you.

45 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sorted.  

Why, according to Ben, were the Board strongly committed to pegging home casual PL tickets to the same price as visitors in 2019/20 but not so committed in 2021/22? 

Perhaps the pandemic but not a fair consideration from the casual fans viewpoint.

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Thing is the relegations from the top tier aren't as big a failure as the promotions are successes.

For our budget,  instant relegation from the top tier is a simple expectation.

For our budget,  promotion from the championship isn't guaranteed with 95% of the championship having had much richer owners than us.

But some seem to think that the 2 promotions are wiped out because of relegation. For a club our size that's simply not true. In our entire history how many second tier titles had we won? In the 20 years before Stuart how many championship titles had we won? That's what would be fair measurement 🙃

We went from league 1 to the prem and stayed there for 3 seasons under a person who Webber accused of p##sing the money up the wall. Was winning the championship a better achievement than lambert first season in the prem? 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

We went from league 1 to the prem and stayed there for 3 seasons under a person who Webber accused of p##sing the money up the wall. Was winning the championship a better achievement than lambert first season in the prem? 

Are we not talking about Mrs Webber? If we start to go back in history fine but the relevant conversation is with the current set up and for me as I’ve said Stu should have been sacked in May, this gardening leave is really just wrong. His failings were alongside Farkes and he got chopped!

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

Are we not talking about Mrs Webber? If we start to go back in history fine but the relevant conversation is with the current set up and for me as I’ve said Stu should have been sacked in May, this gardening leave is really just wrong. His failings were alongside Farkes and he got chopped!

No we moved on ,my comment is in reply to winning two championships , I personally have no problem with Mrs Webber,  like anyone she gets what the owners are prepared to pay , good luck to her , I am not sure if she is worth it with the club seemingly 40 million in debt and were meant to be self funding. 

Then trying to get all the share holders  on here to have a vote on something that seems to not be clear at all. 

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Your comparison to Robert Chase is ludicrous in the extreme but we expect nothing less from you.

In relation to Geoffry Watlings comment post Chase that no one party should be dominant, it will still happen whether the ownership percentage is 34%,53%,40% or 46% unless the Norfolk Group has diverse opinions within itself.

58 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why, according to Ben, were the Board strongly committed to pegging home casual PL tickets to the same price as visitors in 2019/20 but not so committed in 2021/22? 

Perhaps the pandemic but not a fair consideration from the casual fans viewpoint.

I don't answer  questions from the likes of you, please don't feel that this is an achievement  on your part. I dont answer to spice smoking crackheads or drunks on the street either.

You lot that have a b0ner for Essex canary should go outside and enjoy the sun. Never seen a poster trigger so many for so little effort put in.

Edited by The Real Buh

1 hour ago, Indy said:

i agree about Mr Webber getting sacked with or instead of Farke ( i have not liked his arrogant ways )

When webber was arguing with fans and saying things about snake pit etc if it was my club he would of apologised or left that week ,

then the disaster of signing Tzolis Rashica hayden etc 

BUT he has his Mojo back his transfer dealings look great this season , seems we have the old webber back ,not so much saying or doing silly things but working hard 

signing free players better than some we have bought for good money etc 

i think Mr Webber Since he has been here like Hog told me has had a couple of bad transfer windows in total which is not bad going 

i am not a fan but i respect most of his work ,

I Hope the new DOF does as well in transfer market 

47 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In relation to Geoffry Watlings comment post Chase that no one party should be dominant, it will still happen whether the ownership percentage is 34%,53%,40% or 46% unless the Norfolk Group has diverse opinions within itself.

Football moved on , they will have to be dominant to invest or as most know chuck money at the club. 

On 08/09/2023 at 19:33, slaphead said:

Just got my proposal regarding the latest share issue.I could not believe that Mrs Webber has a salary of £425.000.00 pa .But will increase to £525.000.00 should the share vote proposal go through.plus she will receive a 100% ie £525.000.00 gross if we are promoted to the premier.Plus like her husband ,is on a running yearly contract .Not bad income for a club without money.What ever is the total income in that home yearly worth.Mr Webber must be on at least £750.000.00 pa. Unbelievable no wonder football is in a state.

Is it correct that her salary goes up by £100k if the vote goes through? Why?

On 08/09/2023 at 23:24, hogesar said:

Although of course, they've made us much more money back and according to Attannassio been vital in attracting his interest and retaining it.

Oh and it appears Webber, despite all the stupid accusations thrown about him over the past few months, hasn't been ignoring us and helping Leeds but instead has made another set of very good recruitment decisions to reinforce the Sara transfer last season.

How unbelievably dim are some posters on here.  It’s surely pretty obvious to anyone with a modicum of logic that this summer’s signing are so at odds with Webber’s signings post-Kieran Scott and are entirely with consistent with the type of player / tactics that Wagner employs.  Yet still some of happy clapper brigade remain determined to defend Webber’s appalling track record post-Kieran Scott. 

4 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

How unbelievably dim are some posters on here.  It’s surely pretty obvious to anyone with a modicum of logic that this summer’s signing are so at odds with Webber’s signings post-Kieran Scott and are entirely with consistent with the type of player / tactics that Wagner employs.  Yet still some of happy clapper brigade remain determined to defend Webber’s appalling track record post-Kieran Scott. 

So what you're saying is that the DOF consulted with the manager he employed to determine the transfer policy.

What a B******.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

No we moved on ,my comment is in reply to winning two championships , I personally have no problem with Mrs Webber,  like anyone she gets what the owners are prepared to pay , good luck to her , I am not sure if she is worth it with the club seemingly 40 million in debt and were meant to be self funding. 

Then trying to get all the share holders  on here to have a vote on something that seems to not be clear at all. 

Meanwhile the attached shows the details of Norfolk's 2nd clubs trails with its Covid loan and general finances. 

Seeing as NCFC got £3 million plus for Covid it wouldn't be unreasonable for Lynn to get £0.5 million then again the taxpayer would have to pay. Their owner likes ours ( in our case not quite but substantially) doesn't take money out the Club. Then again his matchday experience is a little different and his administrative salaries doubtless minimal.

The Boston fan disruption didn't turn out well either with a £3,500 fine.

20230910_150730.jpg

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Yes, you do appear to be unbelievably dim if you think our sporting director who by the way, employed Wagner in the first place and signed players for him at Huddersfield, had nothing to do with our signings. But don't tar all of us with your same brush of stupid.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Lambert years gave us two titles for starters and throw in a playoff final win as well all in recent memory.. I won't go too far back in history as that is beyond your remit.

Well, i asked how many championship titles and Tlthe lambert years gave us one third tier title as far as I can remember.

So I agree that considering the fact you don't seem to know what a title is, it would be a waste of time going further back in history.

I did give you 20 years of titles as an opportunity to slam Webber with but you've done an even worse job than I figured you would.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, i asked how many championship titles and Tlthe lambert years gave us one third tier title as far as I can remember.

So I agree that considering the fact you don't seem to know what a title is, it would be a waste of time going further back in history.

I did give you 20 years of titles as an opportunity to slam Webber with but you've done an even worse job than I figured you would.

Playground fisticuffs. Perhaps best to turn a blind eye.

5 hours ago, chicken said:

If it is agreed, he will be a joint majority shareholder won't he?  Or his group will be. So what does t hat make him? People have called Delia "the owner" before, and she's not. She currently is joint majority shareholder.

This is about as close to a takeover as you can get without someone having an overall majority. It's as good as. I would hasten to add that this is also looking very much like a handover period. Mr A gets two and a half years to operate within the club, make some tweaks and changes. Then in 2026 he can step in as the majority owner - though of course, it's a group rather than just him.

About as close to a takeover is not an actual takeover is it? But let’s not let facts get in the way, they’ve even stated it’s not a takeover ffs! 

5 hours ago, Indy said:

What is your point of view which differs? Because every post I’ve said about relegations and in time for the take over! So point out you POV, I can’t see it! All I see is you whining about two relegations but no reference to championship titles!

Ok yes we won 2 championship titles, as I actually mentioned before, the second one wouldn’t have been necessary if we had actually made a fight of staying up would it? 

My POV is that I actually think the club has been poorly run over the last 20 years when we’ve had numerous promotions and pathetic relegations. It would be nice to see the football club actually make a go of staying up, and no I don’t mean get into massive debt doing so either. 

We are told we are still in debt yet how many fees of over 10 million have we received for players in the last few years yet our record signing is still under 10 million I believe. 

I just don’t get how people laud the current ownership/ majority shareholders whatever you want to call them when they have clearly made mistakes that have taken us to the brink of receivership, something which got our previous owner hounded out. He sold the Crown Jewels too, but again was given lots of vitriol for it and as I say was hounded out, yet these custodians have done exactly the same in my opinion. 

I hope that MA does takeover because then the club may be run like it’s the 21st century not the 90s, again that’s my opinion before you say it’s not run that way. I would also hope it happens sooner than 3 years time tbh, because as I stated earlier anything could happen in that period.

I hope that’s cleared up my POV, or opinion whichever you want to call it. 

26 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Pretty sure Webber is on £10k a week, so £520k a year.

Broadly the same as Zoe if true and surely far more in the Premier League. Surely Stu would earn more but given club structure and Equalities issues, who knows?