Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Webber Wages

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

On the face of it, these sums sound high for the roles, then you read the comments here, some reasonable ones and they can sound justified.  Football is bonkers and these sums are generally out of proportion with what should be reasonable for the roles, even if they are comparative to some other clubs.    Are these figures the going rate?

Be interesting to have read this debate last April or May!!!    Suspect anything over £30K would have been outrageous, there certainly wouldn't have been much generosity to either of them like there is at the moment.   Just saying! 

Given our experiences this past 5 years, its been very 'hit and miss' but ultimately the club is in a much better position in most areas than when they arrived.   They have contributed significantly so is that worth the £5-6m in cumulative wages?    You'd have to say yes!  

Reasonable remark about this debate last April, and my response is that Stu certainly deserves to be questioned on his performance over the last two seasons and for me I’d have got rid this year not given him this gardening leave! But he’s overseen another summer of sales and brought in a lot of older heads, time will tell if this was the right thing to do, but he’ll be out of here soon enough!

Zoe on the other hand is a big part of the process ongoing with the club progression to MA and in reality is doing the job she’s paid to do! If she’s falling short then I’m sure she’d be gone! Given the clubs going to be owned by a very astute businessman who’s used to running a pretty successful sports club run on a lowe end budget! To do that you need the best people in key positions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

He's male, so it's allowed. 

Zoe should be picking the kids up, shopping and getting Stus tea on......

Or reviewing whether:

1. The 'Independent Directors' as described in the Waiver Review can truly be seen as Independent.

2. The meaning of the word 'poll' is clearly defined in plain English in the document.

3. How she is going to vote when she hasn't got any shares.

4. How Tom can reasonably vote given his family connections.

5. How come she didn't go through all these things in the 1:1 with the Legal and Governance Officer.

If she doesn't like the unsexy part of the job or can't fit it in with the childcare arrangements, the alternatives should be obvious.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Or reviewing whether:

1. The 'Independent Directors' as described in the Waiver Review can truly be seen as Independent.

2. The meaning of the word 'poll' is clearly defined in plain English in the document.

3. How she is going to vote when she hasn't got any shares.

4. How Tom can reasonably vote given his family connections.

5. How come she didn't go through all these things in the 1:1 with the Legal and Governance Officer.

If she doesn't like the unsexy part of the job or can't fit it in with the childcare arrangements, the alternatives should be obvious.

Did she turn you down when you were younger or something?

Shes dodged a bullet methinks. 

Edited by Greavsy

57 minutes ago, Indy said:

Reasonable remark about this debate last April, and my response is that Stu certainly deserves to be questioned on his performance over the last two seasons and for me I’d have got rid this year not given him this gardening leave! But he’s overseen another summer of sales and brought in a lot of older heads, time will tell if this was the right thing to do, but he’ll be out of here soon enough!

Zoe on the other hand is a big part of the process ongoing with the club progression to MA and in reality is doing the job she’s paid to do! If she’s falling short then I’m sure she’d be gone! Given the clubs going to be owned by a very astute businessman who’s used to running a pretty successful sports club run on a lowe end budget! To do that you need the best people in key positions!

MA was introduced to the Club by Carteret Advisory - Zoe didn’t find him.

1 minute ago, Davidlingfield said:

MA was introduced to the Club by Carteret Advisory - Zoe didn’t find him.

I’ve never said she found him! I said she’s part of the board and an integral part of the ongoing process!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’ve never said she found him! I said she’s part of the board and an integral part of the ongoing process!

Fair enough, although I struggle to see how she can be an integral part - certainly one that justifies a £425k pa salary.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

It’s sad isn’t it! A fan buys a few shares back twenty years ago to help fund a team they supposedly love and now believes he should be treated as a board member!

The Webbers have overseen two promotions and a takeover, they invited the club’s supporters to buy into the loan system to upgrade Conley and made fans money by doing so! Your beef with Zoe is really pathetic, she’s a valued employee and is rewarded so by the club who employs her! It’s not for you to keep shouting about it on here your few share’s doesn’t give you the right to look like a sexist! Do you work Essex or retired?

Two relegations too along with some abysmal signings also, I get so fed up when people do this and quote the good without mentioning the bad, it’s like people have forgotten we went to League One under the current ownership that can appear to do no wrong!

Takeover? No takeover has happened, Attanasio has joined the board but not taken over. 

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Two relegations too along with some abysmal signings also, I get so fed up when people do this and quote the good without mentioning the bad, it’s like people have forgotten we went to League One under the current ownership that can appear to do no wrong!

Takeover? No takeover has happened, Attanasio has joined the board but not taken over. 

Indeed with the view to taking over at some point after January 2026! Why keep whining when the clubs finally transitioning to new ownership? And two relegations wouldn’t have happened without promotion! Her reward for that is her wage! People don’t like it do they! Why what difference does it make to you?

Webber's base salary is appropriate for a club with c.£35m turnover (or when in EPL with £110m +). My beef remains the lack of independence (I.e. a non-share owning and unconnected Director) on the Board to oversee the payment of her bonuses etc. (yawn, not Governance again shef!). 😴  Let's see what Attanasio is able to change of the Board before he assumes full control and accountability is just answering to what kind of mood he wakes up in of a morning.

Here we go can't have a decent conversation on here without the old chestnut of its because it's a woman. Grow up Iam a woman last time I looked. I run my own company, it's still obscene the money she's earning.Ncfc is supposed to be in a financial hardship. Yet borrows against future earnings. Say no more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, slaphead said:

Here we go can't have a decent conversation on here without the old chestnut of its because it's a woman. Grow up Iam a woman last time I looked. I run my own company, it's still obscene the money she's earning.Ncfc is supposed to be in a financial hardship. Yet borrows against future earnings. Say no more. 

You seem quite angry. Is it just jealousy then? 

All that money she earns yet it appears she cannot afford a decent pair of shoes to be seen wearing in public if you listen to essex.

1 hour ago, slaphead said:

Iam a woman last time I looked. 

Just a small point of order,  as in, It doesn't matter looking at what appendages you have, or have not (either historically or currently) I believe that is  irrelevant these days - its what you identify as that is the marker!  

Well done on your success though - Certain people on here wont like that though! 

Edited by Greavsy

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

All that money she earns yet it appears she cannot afford a decent pair of shoes to be seen wearing in public if you listen to essex.

According to him she has no sole

5 hours ago, Indy said:

It’s sad isn’t it! A fan buys a few shares back twenty years ago to help fund a team they supposedly love and now believes he should be treated as a board member!

The Webbers have overseen two promotions and a takeover, they invited the club’s supporters to buy into the loan system to upgrade Conley and made fans money by doing so! Your beef with Zoe is really pathetic, she’s a valued employee and is rewarded so by the club who employs her! It’s not for you to keep shouting about it on here your few share’s doesn’t give you the right to look like a sexist! Do you work Essex or retired?

Indeed they have but also two truly awful and immediate relegations. For context should not they be mentioned?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Indeed they have but also two truly awful and immediate relegations. For context should not they be mentioned?

Without two promotions we’d not have two titles…..you can argue all you like but her salary is warranted under the clubs structure and results she’s overseen. Bleating on about it won’t change the fact! 

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Indeed with the view to taking over at some point after January 2026! Why keep whining when the clubs finally transitioning to new ownership? And two relegations wouldn’t have happened without promotion! Her reward for that is her wage! People don’t like it do they! Why what difference does it make to you?

The takeover hasn’t happened though and so we have 3 years where it may never happen as nobody can predict the future, but let’s not let the facts get in the way hey? 

As for 2 promotions, if we hadn’t had the first relegation we wouldn’t have had the 2nd promotion or relegation would we? Again the facts get in the way hey?

As for her wage I don’t give a jot tbh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The takeover hasn’t happened though and so we have 3 years where it may never happen as nobody can predict the future, but let’s not let the facts get in the way hey? 

As for 2 promotions, if we hadn’t had the first relegation we wouldn’t have had the 2nd promotion or relegation would we? Again the facts get in the way hey?

As for her wage I don’t give a jot tbh. 

What you on about I said two relegations, but you’re so focused on the negatives, I bet you’re one of those who were dancing when we won the league for a second time! Still better to focus on the negatives it gives you something to whine about! I mean we’ve started the season well, going through major backer on the board onwards to a takeover in time yet and we have some very good youth prospects coming through! But don’t let the positives get in your negative way!

By all means have a moan when it’s warranted but really what have you to moan about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

What you on about I said two relegations, but you’re so focused on the negatives, I bet you’re one of those who were dancing when we won the league for a second time! Still better to focus on the negatives it gives you something to whine about! I mean we’ve started the season well, going through major backer on the board onwards to a takeover in time yet and we have some very good youth prospects coming through! But don’t let the positives get in your negative way!

By all means have a moan when it’s warranted but really what have you to moan about?

Thing is the relegations from the top tier aren't as big a failure as the promotions are successes.

For our budget,  instant relegation from the top tier is a simple expectation.

For our budget,  promotion from the championship isn't guaranteed with 95% of the championship having had much richer owners than us.

But some seem to think that the 2 promotions are wiped out because of relegation. For a club our size that's simply not true. In our entire history how many second tier titles had we won? In the 20 years before Stuart how many championship titles had we won? That's what would be fair measurement 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Apparently football and Norwich City did not come together until the Webbers arrived.

Relegations don't wipe out championships. Just like being knocked out of the cup the following season doesn't wipe out cup wins.

Imagine if they did and folk could proudly claim 'we've never won duck all'...

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can anybody explain to me why MA is a clone of Robert Chase as stated by our resident buffoon ?

Because he is going to run the Club with less than 50% shareholding just like RC.

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Apparently football and Norwich City did not come together until the Webbers arrived.

How many championship titles in the 5 seasons preceeding Webber vs those with Webber?

Actually let's be even more unfair on Webber. How many championship titles did our club attain in 4x the amount of time Webber has had, so 20 years?

Surely with Webber and Co being so average, we'd have soooo many more in the TWENTY YEARS before them...

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How does the dress sense compare to the SMT male members? On that occasion she even declined to answer my question about why we moved away from the Chairman/COO model referring me instead to Delia at the AGM 5 months later albeit that many of the then audience can't attend the AGM.

Ben Kensell has previous called me twice on Sundays. I told him that he should be devoting that time to his family. Then again it is different if you have got vitally important documents to proof read. 

How much would Ben be earning at Hibs and why did he leave? Don't say BK8 because Delia must have signed that off before the Trust’s intervention.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

How does the dress sense compare to the SMT male members? On that occasion she even declined to answer my question about why we moved away from the Chairman/COO model referring me instead to Delia at the AGM 5 months later albeit that many of the then audience can't attend the AGM.

Ben Kensell has previous called me twice on Sundays. I told him that he should be devoting that time to his family. Then again it is different if you have got vitally important documents to proof read. 

How much would Ben be earning at Hibs and why did he leave? Don't say BK8 because Delia must have signed that off before the Trust’s intervention.

Is that the same Ben who set up the away membership scheme you're so vocally against? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Indy said:

I’m not being negative, it’s called balancing the facts, as I said you don’t know for certain a takeover will happen as it’s at least 3 years away and anything can happen in that time, it’s called being realistic. 

Im glad you know what’s in store in 3 years time, so how come you don’t win the lotto each week as you know the future so well lol

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

These idiots who always come out with the 'if a bad thing happened it's Delia's fault' nonsense.

Close your account, put your device back in it's box and send it back to the supplier, you're a waste of bandwidth. 

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’m not being negative, it’s called balancing the facts, as I said you don’t know for certain a takeover will happen as it’s at least 3 years away and anything can happen in that time, it’s called being realistic. 

Im glad you know what’s in store in 3 years time, so how come you don’t win the lotto each week as you know the future so well lol

Wow what a balanced response, it’s anytime after two years and a few months, and if you can read I never said for certain I said after….but with your constant need to find something to whine about you try and make your own narrative, but hey well done on your negativity, and as i pointed out the two relegations a number of times! But don’t let that distract from your whining! 
I don’t need to win the lotto each week I have all I want thank you, maybe if you learn to become content it might enrich your life! 

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1