Just now, clblue said:

Every week we hear the same thing , this time will beat us , we win that team are then rubbish , next week this team will beat us , we win , that team are then rubbish repeat every week !  We can only beat what’s in front of us and the only side I would have any concerns playing currently would be Leicester away other than that not a lot to worry about 

“Every week”… what’s it been… 2? :  D

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

This is why I lament Ipswich coming up. Our forum will be swarming with their fans this season. I was listening to the Sutton and Savage radio show last week and on comes a Ipswich fan. All he talked about was Norwich. Sutton had to ask what he thought of Ipswich’s season rather than Norwich in the end. 

They are truly pathetic tbh

They can kid themselves that they’ve “changed” and it’s their time now but the truth is when we beat them in that play off semi final we broke the back of that football team. After the beatings we gave them they aren’t the same club. We changed them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well you were playing in a pub league last season before finally workjng out how to get out of it at the 4th time of asking

Incredibly lucky to scape wins against a poor QPR and a toothless Sunderland, who still outplayed you

Think Reading were around the top this time last season and look what hapoened to them

Your luck wont last and I suspect Herr Farke will put you in your place next weekend

62 % possession against qpr and more shots how did they outplay us ? Sunderland our first game at a higher level away in front of 45,000 fans on sky and they played well even though we had the better and clear cut chances and WON !

Do you wonder why the bookies have us as 3rd favourites to win the league ? Is it usual for a promoted side who were playing in a pub league to be such short odds for promotion in a higher league ? 

Farke and Leeds would have to play significantly better than they did against Cardiff & WBA to get anything from us but who knows I guess 

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I just don't get why they need to take their time up in order to come onto this NCFC forum in order to crow just because they are having a period of success.

Is it a manifestation of some sort of inferiority complex? An admission and a backhanded compliment, that in every way NCFC have become the major footballing force in the area, and have been for a pretty long time now?

It really is quite weird, whatever the reason.

Indeed..they appear more intent on comparing themselves with us rather than talking about the bigger picture of promotion.

Thats why they havent been promoted to the premier league for 23 years...and why they play the emotion rather than the game in local derbies thats seen them not win one for 14 years..

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

They are truly pathetic tbh

They can kid themselves that they’ve “changed” and it’s their time now but the truth is when we beat them in that play off semi final we broke the back of that football team. After the beatings we gave them they aren’t the same club. We changed them.

You right we aren’t the same club at all , we now have the best owners , CEO, Manager & most importantly squad of players we have had since 2002, we sell out every game home and away and our away tickets don’t even make general sale anymore, thank you very much for braking the back of us it was exactly what we needed in order to reset and go again 

1 minute ago, clblue said:

You right we aren’t the same club at all , we now have the best owners , CEO, Manager & most importantly squad of players we have had since 2002, we sell out every game home and away and our away tickets don’t even make general sale anymore, thank you very much for braking the back of us it was exactly what we needed in order to reset and go again 

You’re a backwater club from a town famous for prostitution killings take a walk little man

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Indeed..they appear more intent on comparing themselves with us rather than talking about the bigger picture of promotion.

Thats why they they havent been promoted to the premier league for 23 years...and why they play the emotion rather than the game in local derbies thats seen them not win one for 14 years..

The simple fact is as the kids would say we, as in Norwich football club, will forever live rent free in the binners minds.

They can't even enjoy winning matches without thinking about us and posting about us. It would be funny if not so sad

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

This is why I lament Ipswich coming up. Our forum will be swarming with their fans this season. I was listening to the Sutton and Savage radio show last week and on comes a Ipswich fan. All he talked about was Norwich. Sutton had to ask what he thought of Ipswich’s season rather than Norwich in the end. 

It's a new dynamic for some of our fans and indeed theirs, it's been a while since we have swapped blows. 

What goes around comes around but nothing will ever beat 'going up, going down' back in 2019.

Unless there is a pretty sharp turnaround next week they could be sinking Farke and Leeds into the bottom 3, which as it's Leeds I won't resist a wry smile. I'm usually wrong in these things mind...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The simple fact is as the kids would say we, as in Norwich football club, will forever live rent free in the binners minds.

They can't even enjoy winning matches without thinking about us and posting about us. It would be funny if not so sad

That does actually seem  to be the case.

I take a keen interest in the rivalry, which involves visiting TWTD quite a lot, but it is nothing compared to the obsession they seem to collectively have with anything NCFC. It even extends to anything Norwich at times.

Of course there are column inches on this forum concerned with the binners, that's normal rivalry, but the numbers pale into insignificance when compared to the constant offerings of the' Daily Norwich' which is that forum.

I distinctly remember once when we had been hammered to death by Manchester City in a Premier League fixture virtually the whole of the first page of TWTD was full of it. They were beside themselves. They were in L. 1 at the time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

“Every week”… what’s it been… 2? :  D

3 actually but not just this season but last , don’t worry they won’t go up there run will end , they still have to go away to Derby (win) , Peterborough (win) , Bolton (win), Barnsley (win) etc etc 

its true that somebody will beat us again one day , hasn’t happened since January this year but will happen again I’m sure 

26 minutes ago, clblue said:

Your CEO wasn't even good enough for Bristol City but on second thoughts that sounds like a perfect fit for Ipswich. 

18 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

That does actually seem  to be the case.

I take a keen interest in the rivalry, which involves visiting TWTD quite a lot, but it is nothing compared to the obsession they seem to collectively have with anything NCFC. It even extends to anything Norwich at times.

Of course there are column inches on this forum concerned with the binners, that's normal rivalry, but the numbers pale into insignificance when compared to the constant offerings of the' Daily Norwich' which is that forum.

I distinctly remember once when we had been hammered to death by Manchester City in a Premier League fixture virtually the whole of the first page of TWTD was full of it. They were beside themselves. They were in L. 1 at the time.

Little brother syndrome

Norwich is the capital of east anglia, thats always got their backs up , ipswich ,falling a distance behind Cambridge and even Peterborough is the stain on the region...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, clblue said:

3 actually but not just this season but last , don’t worry they won’t go up there run will end , they still have to go away to Derby (win) , Peterborough (win) , Bolton (win), Barnsley (win) etc etc 

its true that somebody will beat us again one day , hasn’t happened since January this year but will happen again I’m sure 

You'll need a good memory to remember the last time you won a derby...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Your CEO wasn't even good enough for Bristol City but on second thoughts that sounds like a perfect fit for Ipswich. 

Best CEO we have had in the 30 years I’ve supported the town , top class bloke and very good at his job indeed

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll need a good memory to remember the last time you won a derby...

It was far to long ago I agree but I would be totally amazed if we don’t win at least one of them this season 

1 minute ago, clblue said:

It was far to long ago I agree but I would be totally amazed if we don’t win at least one of them this season 

So you're not about history anymore.

You prefer the future.

For now anyway.

Do you know King Keano?

24 minutes ago, clblue said:

Lets be honest, you only went up (automatically) last season because Sheff Weds threw it away

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, clblue said:

Nice to see you crawl out from under your stones after 10 years. We’re you the plonker in the ‘ mind the gap ‘ picture.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So you're not about history anymore.

You prefer the future.

For now anyway.

Do you know King Keano?

NN you won’t get that money back mate, let it go! ; )

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lets be honest, you only went up (automatically) last season because Sheff Weds threw it away

We went up because we won something stupid like 14 games in a row , Sheffield weren’t good enough last season and clearly aren’t good enough this season and will almost certainly get relegated 

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

NN you won’t get that money back mate, let it go! ; )

I already have. Our wonderful posters paid it for him. Just like to remind the binners of how they've been represented on here in the past. Plus I doubt he's far away...

• Like 1