Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Second club this season

To add interest I usually pick a lower league club to follow. Was a Scottish club some while back (Hamilton). This lime it is Accrington, with our two young centre backs. After relegation from L 1 they kick off at home to Newport County. Another former Football League who spent years in the 'wilderness' before battling back. Who knows, either could become the next Luton. So c'mon you 'owd reds'

"After five seasons in League One, the team who perennially punch above their weight took one too many blows. Now the focus must be to rebuild and minimise the damage.

Stanley have modest means by fourth-tier standards, let alone third, and signings have proven to be a challenge this summer, with loan deals the main route of recruitment.

The vast experience of management duo John Coleman and Jimmy Bell isn’t necessarily reflected in a changing room dominated by players under the age of 23, and some of those younger squad members will need to step up and learn quickly.

Avoiding a double relegation must be the priority – that’s happened to bigger clubs in the past.

With better luck with injuries and some breakthroughs from within the squad, there could be aspirations of the play-offs.'

• Thanks 1

I've always had a soft spot for Exeter because, like Norwich, it's a lovely city.

But this season I'm rooting for their rivals, Plymouth, because I want Bali Mumba to be able to put up the middle finger to Webber and Wagner if he has a great season and ends up having a PL career. In contrast Wagner, I am pretty sure, will get sacked sometime this season. Sadly, Webber, slimeball that he is, will probably get another job (after sacking Wagner as scapegoat for his own failure), because there are always people who don't recognise a self-serving charlatan.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I've always had a soft spot for Exeter because, like Norwich, it's a lovely city.

But this season I'm rooting for their rivals, Plymouth, because I want Bali Mumba to be able to put up the middle finger to Webber and Wagner if he has a great season and ends up having a PL career. In contrast Wagner, I am pretty sure, will get sacked sometime this season. Sadly, Webber, slimeball that he is, will probably get another job (after sacking Wagner as scapegoat for his own failure), because there are always people who don't recognise a self-serving charlatan.  

You really should just support Plymouth. We really wouldn't mind. 

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And who, just out of pure unadulterated fascination, will your first team be?

Being born in Edinburgh it has to be Hearts but since I’ve watched NCFC since 1946 and had a season ticket for around 50 years I’ll leave it to you to use your common sense if you’ve been gifted with any

1 minute ago, daly said:

Being born in Edinburgh it has to be Hearts but since I’ve watched NCFC since 1946 and had a season ticket for around 50 years I’ll leave it to you to use your common sense if you’ve been gifted with any

Common sense isn't a gift it's a responsibility.

And I doubt if any one of those 50 years you've been a supporter of Norwich City. The way you talk about them on here you sound more like an unwilling hostage. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Canarybee said:

When I lived in Hertfordshire, my local team was Barnet, still keep a

eye on them.

Got a mate who's a Barnet fan.  Been to a few games over the years. Still not been to The Hive. Like any honorary Bees fan I hate those fake Griffin park bees. Or whatever its called these days. 

Shakin a baby....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Common sense isn't a gift it's a responsibility.

And I doubt if any one of those 50 years you've been a supporter of Norwich City. The way you talk about them on here you sound more like an unwilling hostage. 

You carry on supporting NCFC hoping one day we will be established as a top club but since first game I went to in1947 nothing much has changed 

Always Oxford for me, though Sparta Prague are also my team! So I suppose I have three teams!

5 minutes ago, daly said:

You carry on supporting NCFC hoping one day we will be established as a top club but since first game I went to in1947 nothing much has changed

Yes, all the 20 PL  clubs are 'established', not one with the threat of relegation ever troubling them. And City are a long way from the top first division club there were in 1947. Few on here have the insight you have.

Rochdale for me .
When I was a little lad , early 1970’s, they always seemed to be bottom of the 4th division. My heart went out to them . Probably daft then . I’m still daft now so always look out for them. 

And I thought , and still do , Spotland is such a fantastic name for your ground. 

• Like 1