Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Portman Road looking smart for the new season

Saw some guy on social media post footage of somebody washing Portaloo Road and they were all "Wow look how much our new owners care about us and our stadium i've not seen this before!"

... Think that alone says all you need to know

Someones tried to turn the penalty box into a bell end at the bottom there haven't they?

Edited by Google Bot

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binner

Yeah i bet i have been to Scum HQ more than you have been to Carrow Road over the years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

For those insistent on taking the wee wee it looks to me that that are actually getting on with ground improvements if you look at the photos in the link which is more than can be said for us sadly.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/43699/portman-road-plans-reveal-longer-pitch

Wait for the onslaught of disloyalty claims.

I just want bigger blokes bogs for the Cathedral Lounge....I have a bladder the size of a space-hopper by the time I manage to gain access to one of the 4 urinals....

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

For those insistent on taking the wee wee it looks to me that that are actually getting on with ground improvements if you look at the photos in the link which is more than can be said for us sadly.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/43699/portman-road-plans-reveal-longer-pitch

I think you mean a long overdue catch up of maintenance and cleaning. Putting right stuff after years of neglect may be some wondrous happening for the binners, and friends of the binners, but it is no more than what we have taken in our stride over the years.

26 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I think you mean a long overdue catch up of maintenance and cleaning. Putting right stuff after years of neglect may be some wondrous happening for the binners, and friends of the binners, but it is no more than what we have taken in our stride over the years.

You obviously haven't had a wander around the concourses including kiosks and tiolets of the City Stand, Barclay Upper and Regency Stand in recent times i assume ?

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously haven't had a wander around the concourses including kiosks and tiolets of the City Stand, Barclay Upper and Regency Stand in recent times i assume ?

To be fair, they did reorganise the concourse in the Regency Upper last summer, making it a lot easier to get served. They're limited by available space, especially in the upper tiers.

We've also got a brand-new sports bar which certainly looked pretty smart when I went to the opening a couple of weeks ago, whereas they've made their pitch about two inches wider and installed some new electronic turnstiles (which we have already).

Not denying that further improvements are necessary at FCR, of course, and not denying that the binners certainly seem to be moving in the right direction (or wrong direction as far as we're concerned!) both on and off the pitch.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

When playing from this end of the pitch, you'd certainly prefer to be on the right wing, rather than on the left.

If you hadn't got your pre-season training right, that could bring a whole new meaning to running into a brick wall after 70 minutes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am not sure how that is relevant to your defence of stuff going on down the road. But each to their own, I suppose.

29 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I am not sure how that is relevant to your defence of stuff going on down the road. But each to their own, I suppose.

I was not defending ' stuff going on down the road ' i was pointing out that this continual ridiculing of the state of Scum HQ is ill founded today. It may well have been a few years ago but not in 2023 when there is much work to be done in and around Carrow Road.

6 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Looking decent …… IMHO

IMG_0063.jpeg

You're an Ipswich fan. Of course you would say that.

Whoever edited the photo really needs to tone down the saturation and contrast settings mind

1 hour ago, Heading South said:

Looking decent …… IMHO

How come you've got Ipswich Crazy's bed in the background, you round his for a sleepover or something?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

How come you've got Ipswich Crazy's bed in the background, you round his for a sleepover or something?

Interestingly he's only recently pipped up making videos again after a long absense.. And Heading South turning up out of nowhere.. Think you might be onto something!

28 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interestingly he's only recently pipped up making videos again after a long absense.. And Heading South turning up out of nowhere.. Think you might be onto something!

It’s your sisters …….

13 minutes ago, Heading South said:

It’s your sisters …….

According to the recovered EXIF location data from that image, it's definitely not her house. 

Lovely sheets, btw.

IMG_0063.jpeg.7b00013626dd02db114831d9fe440071.thumb.jpg.88226334429db22268c6433d62746df2.jpg

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1