Sign in to follow this  

32 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If he were made available, there would be dozens of clubs after him from all levels. 

He is available and no there isn't a queue. Just Leeds

Edited by dylanisabaddog

56 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No, Sara is an attacking midfielder. Skipp is not. Entirely different players. Just take a look at their statistics. One of them shows a player who is skilled at interceptions, puts tackles in and progressive, short passes. The other shows a player who is more attack minded, creates chances and influences play further up the field. I'll leave it to you to decide which one is which. 

Skipp would have Premier League sides queuing for him. If Sara were made available I suspect he would not have anywhere near the choice. 

Sara is available. All Norwich players are available, at the right price, as we are a selling club. Nobody appears to have come in for any Norwich players at this stage. I wonder why?

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Comparing Skipp to Foden is a bit of a leap! 

Spurs fans don't dislike Skipp, they just know he's not good enough for a top 6 side. Their view is that Norwich fans loved him because he's a Norwich standard player. It's a bit difficult to argue with that, just compare him to other players in that position in the top 8 clubs. He's miles away from the standard required. 

They were also passionate Skipp fans (Skippies? crawling around Norwich social media telling us what to do) when he was on loan, repeating the usual pattern of the grass ever being greener.
À la Chelsea as Gilmour was the next sliced bread when here and now he’s bread binned.

Like Norwich fans with any player (foreign or young) who becomes godlike when away on loan if the team’s doing badly

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not a single Premier League club has shown any interest in Skipp. No one will be interested in a very basic scrapper at that level. 

If you can't accept it from me, listen to Rio Ferdinando on BT at half time in Palace v Spurs. 

"Spurs need to get this lad off. He's out of his depth. He can't even pass the ball forwards" 

How do you know no team has shown an interest? Personally if he's on the market I'd imagine a 22 year old English player with extensive experience for the u21s and Premier League experience would have suitors from anybody 10th downwards. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If Sara was playing with Emi and Prime Pukki, I suspect we’d also walk the league. 

If Skipp walked into this side tomorrow, it wouldn’t mean promotion. Like it did last time. Pukki and Emi were the reason, nicely supplemented by Skipp. 

I agree, if Sara was playing with Emi and Pukki, we'd walk the league but we had Hugill, Sorensen etc last time and we walked the league, the difference is, Emi, Pukki and Skipp were the reason we walked the league, I don't think Sara, whilst decent, is at that level to be the reason.

If Skipp arrived tomorrow, he'd be our best midfielder, but whilst he is plugging the defensive midfielder hole, I feel our bigger problem is creativity, and he doesn't fill that and he didn't need to last time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not a single Premier League club has shown any interest in Skipp. No one will be interested in a very basic scrapper at that level. 

If you can't accept it from me, listen to Rio Ferdinando on BT at half time in Palace v Spurs. 

"Spurs need to get this lad off. He's out of his depth. He can't even pass the ball forwards" 

How do you know, not a single Prem club has shown interest?

I'd love to move on the likes of Aarons, and use the money to bring in Skipp. He and Sara would be a fantastic midfield, and would free up Sara to roam and relieve him more of his defensive duties.

Alas, I can't see that happening and that ship sailed a long time ago!

4 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

I'd love to move on the likes of Aarons, and use the money to bring in Skipp. He and Sara would be a fantastic midfield, and would free up Sara to roam and relieve him more of his defensive duties.

Alas, I can't see that happening and that ship sailed a long time ago!

We can all dream, I would have us challenging for top 2 if that happened. Big loan fee and an obligation to buy if promoted for £15-20m+

Not only will we not be buying Skipp, amazingly we won’t be buying any DM at all. 

22 hours ago, Conrad said:

Nobody appears to have come in for any Norwich players at this stage. I wonder why?

Because they'd have to pay through the nose on any player we don't want to sell.

Just scored 2 against Barca in a friendly. Good work sir, we miss you! 

• Like 2

On 30/07/2023 at 13:47, GenerationA47 said:

They were also passionate Skipp fans (Skippies? crawling around Norwich social media telling us what to do) when he was on loan, repeating the usual pattern of the grass ever being greener.
À la Chelsea as Gilmour was the next sliced bread when here and now he’s bread binned.

Like Norwich fans with any player (foreign or young) who becomes godlike when away on loan if the team’s doing badly

like Sorrenson  who even gained a nickname by being a bit part legend

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul101 said:

like Sorrenson  who even gained a nickname by being a bit part legend

Arguably more understandable when they are actually still with us and do surprisingly well from the bench or in a new role , like Lunghi.

I too was keen to see him start a game & see how he did in his natural position, where we were (& still are..?) lacking. More hope than expectation 

Edited by GenerationA47
& still are..?