Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Semi official friendly match thread Le Téfécé V Canaries*

This is great experience for Fisher. These lads must be the strongest opposition he has faced in his career so far.

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Turgid stuff. Better defensively but no creativity or threat at all up front. Going to be a long season I fear. Also idah hasn’t improved 

It is a preseason friendly - it’s time to try things. No one is making you watch it.

Wow, what a clearance by Idah.

Nice spell of pressure this, Springett's looked good I feel.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Turgid stuff. Better defensively but no creativity or threat at all up front. Going to be a long season I fear. Also idah hasn’t improved 

Sounds like Idah can’t improve if we’ve no forward creativity.    Is a team game.   Forwards need service.

Edit….. my timings as bad as his!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Sounds like Idah can’t improve if we’ve no forward creativity.    Is a team game.   Forwards need service.

He's literally just blasted over from one yard out with an open goal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is a preseason friendly - it’s time to try things. No one is making you watch it.

I am aware of this fact. I choose to watch .and as this is a forum for discussion I shall share my views of what is unfolding. What’s the problem with that? 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

And Adam Idah is in front of the goal no keeper in sight and all he has to do is tap it in and..

Looked at least a foot out, but the keeper was blocking the furthest away quarter of the goal, so it was a decent effort... Jaysus!

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And Adam Idah is in front of the goal no keeper in sight and all he has to do is tap it in and..

Just tap it in...

• Haha 1

Created a few good openings but it's taken 60 ish minutes - again it's pre-season and with so much player turnover you never really see proper patterns develop.

Springett good play to give Sargent a chance in the area, Gibbs with a good chance just outside the area. Idah with a tap in (missed) but I think a flag went up

Edited by hogesar

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

I am aware of this fact. I choose to watch .and as this is a forum for discussion I shall share my views of what is unfolding. What’s the problem with that? 

Oh, I don’t know - maybe once in a while a positive perspective might be slipped in?!

At the end of the day, you do need to consider the level of side we’re playing - a top flight French team, this after a team who played a Euro semi-final.  The point is that we could easily have gone for L2 level teams, looked brilliant and given ourselves no test. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh, I don’t know - maybe once in a while a positive perspective might be slipped in?!

Branston, meet Deano.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was that one of ours yelling "You idiot keep moving!" when we slowed down🤣

I can hear some English voices, Andy Hughes perhaps?

The Wagner lack of goals problem isn’t been resolved which is a massive worry so  close to the start of the season 

Idah getting a 5 year contract must be the biggest sham in football since Aly Dia!

• Like 1

It must be said, with all the usual pre season caveats, that this is terrible. Absolutely nothing creative in this team set up in this way with this manager. If this carries on we’re going to score one goal every five games.

Just now, Captain Holt said:

It must be said, with all the usual pre season caveats, that this is terrible. Absolutely nothing creative in this team set up in this way with this manager. If this carries on we’re going to score one goal every five games.

How dare you be critical! Don't you know this is PRE SEASON which means you cannot be critical? 😉

Just now, Captain Holt said:

Yes - I get heat for being negative but we are on a run of 1 win in 11 and I don’t see any signs we have plugged the terrible gaps at end of last season in terms of creativity and goals 

Another 20 minutes of this. No idea if we are going to be near the top or near the bottom this season, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be dull.

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes - I get heat for being negative but we are on a run of 1 win in 11 and I don’t see any signs we have plugged the terrible gaps at end of last season in terms of creativity and goals 

No, we aren't on a run of 1 win in 11 because the season hasn't even f*cking started.

We're going to have likely 5  different players in the starting line-up to how last one ended. Almost half the team.

Our lack of creativity and goals was only when we hit the big injury crisis. When we had a fully fit team we'd scored 19 goals in 9 under Wagner.

By all means do your usual criticising the team, squad, manager, owners. But let them own it in their own right rather than tagging on last-seasons results.

• Like 1

Defensively we looks as solid as a rock, but when there’s nothing coming at the other end it puts more pressure on those boys.

Carrow Road is a powder keg waiting to go off and I see nothing to tell me that they’re good enough to avert it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

On the plus side our defence should be good enough to avoid relegation.

On the negative side however up top is.. Rather concerning