2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No. It seems you don’t actually what people write, do you?  I think you’re too busy compiling your next complaint.

For your info, I said this a few posts ago: Others (me included) would love to keep him as a good young prospect, but I can’t see where he’d play so there’s limited point either for us or for him. No one is desperate to see him go. I might have suggested a loan but maybe it isn’t considered an option.

I really do not see why he is not in the mix for the starting left wing spot - especially given the unknown Sainz is out for a few months. Instead we are persisting with failed or limited options.  

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Then Wagner and the club have made the right call!

Indeed! And ever thus was the case with every deal.

Clearly they’ve decided to have a look at him preseason but he hasn’t impressed so been moved on. Never really set the world alight has he? 

shame as he could’ve been good for sure but how many have we seen like that previously? 

wish him the best of luck 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

I really do not see why he is not in the mix for the starting left wing spot - especially given the unknown Sainz is out for a few months. Instead we are persisting with failed or limited options.  

Maybe it’s because he’s not a left winger?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Every team with enough resources takes on players with potential and expects to get rid of more than they keep. Clearly the club considers the £1m fee to outweigh keeping him. Time will tell if they made the right decision , but when can be sure they will have made the decision based on a serious assessment of his talents.

We can’t be confident they are good judges of talent - given much of the recent track record regarding signings. So no reassurance that 

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Maybe it’s because he’s not a left winger?

He played some of his best football on Plymouth’s left wing. A far better attacking prospect that a defender. It’s like saying Trent can’t play midfield. Or John Stones. Just because the club have made a decision doesn’t mean you need to defend it, you know. 

If he’s not as good as we thought when he was signed, surely that’s another thing to put down as a poor signing by Webber. I’m sure people will say we made a profit on him but did we? Surely the three years of wages he was paid diminishes any profit? 

Just now, S_81 said:

He played some of his best football on Plymouth’s left wing. A far better attacking prospect that a defender. It’s like saying Trent can’t play midfield. Or John Stones. Just because the club have made a decision doesn’t mean you need to defend it, you know. 

I’m defending nothing, I see no reason to, but unlike you can see why they’ve done what they’ve done. 

Hope Im very wrong but I cannot see us competing  for the top six this season - selling what I believe is a very good prospect /player for City, presonally not really seen a player that city has sign so far being that exciting - it would be nice to see city splash out with a good quality/promising / pedigree player-

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You think they didn’t watch him regularly last season?  Seems you should put your cv to the club, they are clearly missing out on your ability to pick player from 300miles away.

I'm genuinely curious why your take is to automatically give the benefit of the doubt to the club in the absence of all evidence to the contrary. It's not like the club have done much in recent seasons to justify such blind faith from fans. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I’m defending nothing, I see no reason to, but unlike you can see why they’ve done what they’ve done. 

They’ve done it because they want quick money. They’ve written off a player than Wagner had written off before he’d even seen him on the training pitch. You could tell that from his comments at the end of the season. It was like he was warming the fans up for a sale 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

They’ve done it because they want quick money. They’ve written off a player than Wagner had written off before he’d even seen him on the training pitch. You could tell that from his comments at the end of the season. It was like he was warming the fans up for a sale 

With all due respect mumba has had a few games and a months training to impress and clearly hasn’t so this wasn’t done on a whim 

Just now, The Bunny said:

I'm genuinely curious why your take is to automatically give the benefit of the doubt to the club in the absence of all evidence to the contrary. It's not like the club have done much in recent seasons to justify such blind faith from fans. 

What evidence to the contrary? That he played well In a  totally different formation at a lower level?  That evidence is somewhat dodgy. 

My point has always been that you have to judge a transfer window at the end of it, not mid-point. And nothing has changed.  If we are not better off than we started it, I will be as annoyed as the next, but at the moment you’re largely complaining for the sake of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Clearly they’ve decided to have a look at him preseason but he hasn’t impressed so been moved on. Never really set the world alight has he? 

shame as he could’ve been good for sure but how many have we seen like that previously? 

wish him the best of luck 

Being played out position doesnt help.

Would Be like seeing Sargent on the wing and deciding hes not a good enough based on that..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

26 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You really are Webber ball5 sucking muppet aren’t you. In fact is that you Stu? 

Why do you have to be rude, can't you get your point across without having to resort to High School language. 

• Like 2

Just now, Yobocop said:

With all due respect mumba has had a few games and a months training to impress and clearly hasn’t so this wasn’t done on a whim 

Oh get out of town, he was consistent enough to be a league young player, and club player of the year. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Being played out position doesnt help.

Would Be like seeing Sargent on the wing and deciding hes not a good enough based on that..

We don’t play wing backs. Or do you want us to entirely change formation for one youngster that you like?  Weird.

Wish the lad well, hope he thrives with first team football.

Lets hope we still have a few cards up our sleeves and pull out a couple of decent signings, we must have some master stroke planned.

1 minute ago, Top corner said:

Why do you have to be rude, can't you get your point across without having to resort to High School language. 

I’m sick of the constant defending of the hierarchy decisions any time they’re questioned. The usual crowd leap straight in as it it’s Stu himself 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’m sick of the constant defending of the hierarchy decisions any time they’re questioned. The usual crowd leap straight in as it it’s Stu himself 

But you can be polite with it and not a potty mouth

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If we are that desperate for £1m things must be much worse than we realise behind the scenes - what a mess this club seems to be at present 

Well looking at it logically, he's not very solid defensively, Wagner prefers fullbacks, and Webber is probably looking at short term successes to support his man before he leaves the club.

I'm more in shock that there's a rumour, and then few hours later he's gone.  As I don't really know what he's about, not seeing him play much other than that Ipswich goal.

...If he gets a few more of them against the scum would be a bonus!

If Max goes, it means we've got Stacey and Dimi for LB/RB positions doesn't it?

Sorensen as backup, plus Fisher?  Or have I missed someone?

Just now, Wibble said:

But you can be polite with it and not a potty mouth

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What evidence to the contrary? That he played well In a  totally different formation at a lower level?  That evidence is somewhat dodgy. 

My point has always been that you have to judge a transfer window at the end of it, not mid-point. And nothing has changed.  If we are not better off than we started it, I will be as annoyed as the next, but at the moment you’re largely complaining for the sake of it.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Don't really get the furore. Is he really that good? If the coach doesn't fancy him then he doesn't, simple as that really. 

Happy clapping post of the thread 

Just now, S_81 said:

Happy clapping post of the thread 

Wtaf are you on about.

Ah, I get it, it’s school holidays. I dare say you’ll be moaning your way through until the end of August.

• Like 1

Not having read any of this thread but chiming in to say ... this is f*cking stupid. HE IS A WINGER. For the love of God why (a) insist on not playing him in his natural position and then (b) sell him for cheap following his breakout season?? I don't get this and I think we'll regret this decision very much.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wtaf are you on about.

Ah, I get it, it’s school holidays. I dare say you’ll be moaning your way through until the end of August.

I messed up the reply. I was commenting upon the poster who can’t get the furore. Must be like Webber and Wagner and can’t see talent 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Dodgy? He literally couldn't have done any better on loan last season. He took his opportunity on loan perfectly, totally excelling by all accounts. There was almost nothing he could have done better in that situation. What exactly did you expect, a Ballon d'or?