Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Zimbo!

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Love this guy...

What a great and honest person. Wonderful emotional video. I think we could see this man back sometime in the future. 

• Like 2

Top guy , top pro , and up untill he was practically crippled by the west ham player a top defender too , shame he was never the same after that !

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You logged on early (or maybe late!) to beat CC starting a thread? 

Even when someone else makes a thread Greavsy just can't help but talk about me.

It's getting creepy

• Haha 1

He seems such a smart, considered, well rounded guy.  Only turned 30 start of the year too so if he can remain relatively injury free has quite a few years left in him, would be great if they survived in Bundesliga.

Sure he said in the past that he was close to giving up football before we signed him.

Zimbo. A class act on and off the pitch. No surprise Darmstadt did well with him in the team - such an influence to the morale and character of a squad. Does beg the question had we kept Farke, who was his mentor, would he have stayed on, got fit - which he did - and continue to be a big influence at Norwich?  Still only 30......Norwich's loss was Darmstadt's gain.....but it could have been so different.

5 hours ago, Mengo said:

What a great and honest person. Wonderful emotional video. I think we could see this man back sometime in the future. 

I loved that he keeps in touch with Darren about our DS and pan disability teams. It would be great to see him back here.

• Like 2

Zimbo is a genuine legend for me.   Gave his all in every appearance and made time for the fans at every opportunity, whether post match or at fan events. Wanting to simply play the games says so much.  

A clear leader and future coach.   I can only wish him the very best

• Like 3

Zimbo is exactly the kind of model pro that all young footballers should aspire to, shame others aren't more like him.

• Like 1

Is he really only just thirty? I would have said he was nearer 35, or even a bit older now. Not because he looks it, or he played like it, but because he is, or at least was with us, so level headed and mature. An old head on young shoulders. 

On 21/07/2023 at 11:20, ZLF said:

Zimbo is a genuine legend for me.   Gave his all in every appearance and made time for the fans at every opportunity, whether post match or at fan events. Wanting to simply play the games says so much.  

A clear leader and future coach.   I can only wish him the very best

Completely agree with this. He not only gave his very best on the pitch, he had a great relationship with the fans and was so supportive of the CSF. It’s really great to hear he still keeps in touch with Darren to see how the teams are doing. 

Zimbo is a special player for all those reasons. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on the Darmstadt results. 

I still believe we should have kept him. Better than some of those we have here on bigger wages.

Not the same since the awful Haller injury but only really in pace.

On 21/07/2023 at 10:56, nutty nigel said:

I loved that he keeps in touch with Darren about our DS and pan disability teams. It would be great to see him back here.

Indeed it would, he strikes me as someone who will make a great DOF or manager.

As a player his style and calmness was his strengths we miss his personality in our team and squad.