Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

All coming apart at the seams at Fulham

17 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Such a shallow understanding of what happened there. The Chinese super league lost the support of the government as a valid use of resources. This is a fundamental pillar of a global marketing campaign for an autocracy hell bent on restoring its image.

The term ‘shallow understanding’ pretty elegantly describes most of CCs insight 

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will you be tuning in all full of excitment to watch the saudi leauge? No? Thought not. Neither will most people in Europe.

Doesn't matter what people in countries that already have a top league think, we're not going to be the target market, but you can bey you last pound the TV deal for this for places like Asia will be massive.

11 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Is it really?!?!

No sh!t!!!!

I'll tell you what's not fake.

Someone smacking you in the teeth for telling them that what they do is fake.

Go into Norwich and find the Knight family, tell them what they do is fake. 

Then post on here,  tell us all about it the next day from your hospital bed.

Yup, off the deep end again...

You suggested locking horns with those people was good preperation, yet their persona's as part of AEW are 'acts'.

The Knight family know this. Hense 'fake'.

Love that you think insulting people to get a physical response from them proves your point. It doesn't.

The Wrestling on AEW or any other such franchise is 'fake' in the sense it is coreographed and scripted. You knew that but obviously have been on the roids/cool aid again.

10 hours ago, king canary said:

I assume you never watch TV shows or movies then? Or read fiction books? They are also all fake.

Strict diet of documentaries for you.

What @Nexus_Canary means by 'locking horns' is in a business sense. Tony Khan isn't a wrestler.

First bit is bizarre.

Next bit isn't much better.

No, what Nexus meant was that their on screen persona's reflected the people they are for Khan to deal with.

There are plenty of vids out there now with retired wrestlers etc to know that the real people behind those persona's are mostly a long way removed from their acts.

Interesting that he goes to the Knights next considering Paige has spoken about this openly on twitter, but equally one or two have a reputation for the odd pub brawl, or so my friends on the Hertsese tell me.

35 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yup, off the deep end again...

You suggested locking horns with those people was good preperation, yet their persona's as part of AEW are 'acts'.

The Knight family know this. Hense 'fake'.

Love that you think insulting people to get a physical response from them proves your point. It doesn't.

The Wrestling on AEW or any other such franchise is 'fake' in the sense it is coreographed and scripted. You knew that but obviously have been on the roids/cool aid again.

Idiot you don't get it do you.

Reel another one in 🤣

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will you be tuning in all full of excitment to watch the saudi leauge? No? Thought not. Neither will most people in Europe.

You'll eventually have a world league and I don't think people in Europe are as precious about their own leagues as the English are.

The Premier League is increasingly owned and funded by Saudis anyway. Games could be played anywhere and broadcast to anywhere. I thought the bubble might burst soon, but the Saudis have bought a bubble machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Idiot you don't get it do you.

Reel another one in 🤣

No, you never get it. Another of those posters who rarely has anything worthwhile to contribute and usually just blows their top/hot air all the time.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You'll eventually have a world league and I don't think people in Europe are as precious about their own leagues as the English are.

The Premier League is increasingly owned and funded by Saudis anyway. Games could be played anywhere and broadcast to anywhere. I thought the bubble might burst soon, but the Saudis have bought a bubble machine.

A lot of the players are going to Saudi now. We knew the EPL was mercenary but this beggars belief. Why would anyone with a western culture want to live in Saudi? How much money is enough?

Edited by keelansgrandad

3 hours ago, chicken said:

First bit is bizarre.

Next bit isn't much better.

No, what Nexus meant was that their on screen persona's reflected the people they are for Khan to deal with.

There are plenty of vids out there now with retired wrestlers etc to know that the real people behind those persona's are mostly a long way removed from their acts.

Interesting that he goes to the Knights next considering Paige has spoken about this openly on twitter, but equally one or two have a reputation for the odd pub brawl, or so my friends on the Hertsese tell me.

To be honest it is a display of the frustration fans of wrestling get when someone goes YoU KnOW iT'S FakE RiiGGHt? It is a fairly tiring talking point.

I'd suggest though that if you think working in the wrestling business and dealing with wrestlers is easy then you're quite wrong. It is a notoriously carny business stuffed to the brim with egos, politics and a general willingness to stab whoever in the back. I'd suggest for Tony Khan dealing with Alexander Mitrovic's agent probably is easier than dealing with most of the people he comes into contact with running AEW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chicken said:

No, you never get it. Another of those posters who rarely has anything worthwhile to contribute and usually just blows their top/hot air all the time.

No need for an autobiography but thanks for giving us the low down on your needs.

On 21/07/2023 at 12:59, Nexus_Canary said:

No need for an autobiography but thanks for giving us the low down on your needs.

Good try, lacking creativity and imagination, next time avoid plagerism.

F-

On 21/07/2023 at 12:13, king canary said:

To be honest it is a display of the frustration fans of wrestling get when someone goes YoU KnOW iT'S FakE RiiGGHt? It is a fairly tiring talking point.

I'd suggest though that if you think working in the wrestling business and dealing with wrestlers is easy then you're quite wrong. It is a notoriously carny business stuffed to the brim with egos, politics and a general willingness to stab whoever in the back. I'd suggest for Tony Khan dealing with Alexander Mitrovic's agent probably is easier than dealing with most of the people he comes into contact with running AEW.

If the 'you know it's fake?' line frustrates you as a Wrestling fan, then sorry, but perhaps you are just too sensitive about it?

What is fake is the acting, the violence etc, it's entertainment. It's physical and pushes boundaries yes, because these are typically hefty folks also having to be relatively agile and nimble. That's the spectacle.

Are there egos? Just like in acting and sports - sure. Are they as bad, worse or better? Who knows? Basing the concept on their 'ring persona' is absolutely laughable.

And in the realms of wrestling there are fairly few 'gigs'. One or two franchises. It really isn't quite the same as a sport like footy where someone at the top of their game can attract the interest of top clubs or newly super wealthy leagues.

And in Wrestling, there really only is one gig that others try to compete with. The bigger threat is probably Hollywood.

On 20/07/2023 at 21:07, Terminally Yellow said:

Losing your best player, star striker and manager three weeks before the season starts prompting the managing director to accuse a regime of murder publicly seems pretty seam-splitting to me. 

When you consider the reaction to us selling a player who we don't even know is ready for championship football and has made 5 appearances for us, if the above was happening here you're right, it would be total unprecedented meltdown!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

If the 'you know it's fake?' line frustrates you as a Wrestling fan, then sorry, but perhaps you are just too sensitive about it?

What is fake is the acting, the violence etc, it's entertainment. It's physical and pushes boundaries yes, because these are typically hefty folks also having to be relatively agile and nimble. That's the spectacle.

Are there egos? Just like in acting and sports - sure. Are they as bad, worse or better? Who knows? Basing the concept on their 'ring persona' is absolutely laughable.

And in the realms of wrestling there are fairly few 'gigs'. One or two franchises. It really isn't quite the same as a sport like footy where someone at the top of their game can attract the interest of top clubs or newly super wealthy leagues.

And in Wrestling, there really only is one gig that others try to compete with. The bigger threat is probably Hollywood.

Mate, I've just told you I'm a wrestling fan, why on earth are you trying to explain how it works to me? If i was a woman this would be peak mansplaining.

Also, nobody is basing these things on their ring persona. If you follow wrestling there are 'dirt sheets' keyed into the backstage gossip, politics and all sorts of stuff. For older fans such as myself half the fun of it is how these backstage things play out on screen. 

People don't think Vince McMahon is difficult to deal with because of how the Vince character appears on tv. It's because he's successfully run 90% of his competition out of business, just orchestrated a board room coup to regain control of his company after he had to step down due to a high profile sex scandal and his actions that have led to him having to appear before Congress more than once.

Similarly Phil Brooks is known to be difficult, not because of how CM Punk appears on screen but because of his high profile walk out 9 years ago, the fallout with life long friend Colt Cabana and now the infamous 'Brawl Out' press conference incident 

4 hours ago, chicken said:

F-

Since you're looking down your nose at a fellow poster, next time learn how to spell plagiarism.

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Since you're looking down your nose at a fellow poster, next time learn how to spell plagiarism.

I apologise, my mistake. I'll just bow down to folks in future and bury my head in the sand.

I stand corrected.

Mr McMahon is actually just like his ring persona, none of it's fake, which is why the Fulham owner has decided to tombstone Mitrovic in the centre circle in the first ever Craven Cottage rumble.

We should all aspire to have owners who complain about the Saudis having more money and know how to handle the band of merry twunts known as pro wrestlers.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Mate, I've just told you I'm a wrestling fan, why on earth are you trying to explain how it works to me? If i was a woman this would be peak mansplaining.

Also, nobody is basing these things on their ring persona. If you follow wrestling there are 'dirt sheets' keyed into the backstage gossip, politics and all sorts of stuff. For older fans such as myself half the fun of it is how these backstage things play out on screen. 

People don't think Vince McMahon is difficult to deal with because of how the Vince character appears on tv. It's because he's successfully run 90% of his competition out of business, just orchestrated a board room coup to regain control of his company after he had to step down due to a high profile sex scandal and his actions that have led to him having to appear before Congress more than once.

Similarly Phil Brooks is known to be difficult, not because of how CM Punk appears on screen but because of his high profile walk out 9 years ago, the fallout with life long friend Colt Cabana and now the infamous 'Brawl Out' press conference incident 

Because you were peak mansplaning for someone else...

I was explaining I understood and have been a wrestling fan since Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks... 

Perhaps consider not speaking for a huge group of people just because you felt slightly insulted somehow?

On 21/07/2023 at 06:11, Ken Hairy said:

Doesn't matter what people in countries that already have a top league think, we're not going to be the target market, but you can bey you last pound the TV deal for this for places like Asia will be massive.

Having spent a number of years living in the middle east and Asia I will politely disagree. In most of these countries the premier league is king but not because it has the best players. It is because any team can beat any team on their given day. Barcelona and Madrid had the star players but the football fans wanted to watch competitive games. Yes, you will have a Man City today or a Man Utd , Liverpool or Chelsea of the past, but still little teams like Norwich can beat them in a one off game. 

The only thing I see changing now, is you do find some of the younger football fans support a player more than a team. Some will follow Messi or Ronaldo no matter who they play for. Even given that, the TV rights for premier league football dwarf the Spanish, German or Italian leagues. I would really be surprised if the Saudi league takes off. Even the Chinese league had terrible viewing figures even in China and the rest of Asia in comparison to the Premier League. 

On 20/07/2023 at 20:37, Terminally Yellow said:

Really? I doubt it.

I live a fulfilled life and as sad as it seems I do hope I remember to bring this one back to prove you wrong...

Luton's activity in the transfer market has been superb again and I'd love some of Mick Harford's recruitment skills here -- On a lot more money than Luton our management staff have performed dismally for several seasons and STILL they fail to address our lack of defensive ability.

14 hours ago, king canary said:

This is a good watch, caught it by chance last week. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0370w28/arena-masters-of-the-canvas

18 hours ago, chicken said:

F-

Nice fumbled attempt at a recovery.

Leave the pathetic fumbles to your interaction with the same / opposite sex in future 

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nice fumbled attempt at a recovery.

Leave the pathetic fumbles to your interaction with the same / opposite sex in future 

Ah yes, you find another level lower to stoop too. Even when someone elses retort is better. Your's was an attempt at a recovery and it just aped/mimicked.

2 hours ago, chicken said:

Ah yes, you find another level lower to stoop too. Even when someone elses retort is better. Your's was an attempt at a recovery and it just aped/mimicked.

Your retort was as weak wristed as the afore mentioned pathetic fumble.

Your embarrassing

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

cat-cats.gif.d67d399c33ee7c7becc4b5a26f2b8039.gif

Haha I'm just fishing mate, chicken little is the one biting and getting his knickers in a twist 

On 23/07/2023 at 14:23, Nexus_Canary said:

Haha I'm just fishing mate, chicken little is the one biting and getting his knickers in a twist 

No one is convinced here. Aparantly the one holding the rod bites first... 

Carry on though. 

On 22/07/2023 at 17:44, king canary said:

Now that is one helluva fantasy world....sounds like Eastenders. Scripted arguments, power struggles for the Queen Vic,  " Get out of my Ring!!"   Ooer Matron.  

On 20/07/2023 at 21:11, Nexus_Canary said:

Shame Saudis are trying to buy their way into football and everyone seems to be opening the doors for them, bravo Tony Kahn for talking out

Exactly this, can understand players like Ronaldo wanting one last big payday but Mitrovic is 28 and he's currently playing in arguably the best league in the world. Money is a big talker sadly.