Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Farke wise words from the Leeds Chairman

Copied from Pinkun Home Page i think Leeds Chairman echo's alot of our fans thoughts ,

Daniel Farke should not be branded a Premier League flop with Norwich City, insists new Leeds United chairman Paraag Marathe.

The new Whites' figurehead has opened up on why Farke was the right candidate to revive Leeds' fortunes, after the 49ers Enterprises takeover was confirmed on Monday.

Farke won the Championship twice at Carrow Road but finished rock bottom in his first full season and was dismissed four months into his second tilt.

But Marathe, speaking to Leeds' official podcast in his first interview, made it clear Farke can count on financial backing at Elland Road.

Chelsea's Ethan Ampadu is tipped to be Farke's first signing since his move to Yorkshire.

"I don't think he had a fair deck of cards when he got back up to the Premier League and had two shots at it," he said. "And so that's one thing that we're going to rectify and give him the deck of cards that he needs to be successful once we get back up, because I think he can be a very, very successful coach across Europe.

"This isn't just 'Hey, get us through the Championship'. You know, he's got a quiet confidence about him that is infectious, magnetic.

"You just spend enough time with him around the room, you believe whatever he believes, just because of the confidence by which he carries himself. That's the qualitative thing. The quantitative thing is he's been damn successful.

"He didn't just win the Championship twice, he dominated the Championship twice. He knows what it takes. He knows the grit. He knows the fight. He knows the blood, sweat and tears it's going to take, to get through the Championship."

Farke's Carrow Road reunion is scheduled for October 21, with Norwich set to travel to Elland Road in the Championship on January 27 next year.

The German's reputation for developing young talent at the Canaries did not escape the attention of the new American ownership.

He's got a style of play that I think resonates with our supporters and a style of play that I think fits the players that we have," said Marathe.

"You know, he's been known to develop youngsters and you know, as you know, we've got a great crop of youngsters at the club through the academy as well.

"He's got a great empathy, which I appreciate, he's got a great understanding for the feelings of people on how the feelings of people, not just players, but coaches and staff and ownership, all interact to form a good chemistry of a team.

"And that's one thing that I found really important in American football, in a head coach was having that deep empathy and understanding and I think he's really got that too."

• Like 1

This is just a load of blah blah blah though - and could have been written by LDC! - he did nothing much at BG, the proof of the pudding will be if/when Leeds get promoted. Hopefully they won’t - not because it’s Farke but because it’s Leeds, and the one doesn’t out-trump the other.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is just a load of blah blah blah though - and could have been written by LDC! - he did nothing much at BG, the proof of the pudding will be if/when Leeds get promoted. Hopefully they won’t - not because it’s Farke but because it’s Leeds, and the one doesn’t out-trump the other.

We keep hearing a lot of Blah blah blah about Wagner as well 

Two jobs he has failed at  , one with a far worse record in German league 18 league games without a win ,

yet some think he is going to turn it all around here after a disaster 11 games at end of season ! 

i know who i would rather have this season ,Farke without a doubt ,

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Two jobs he has failed at  , one with a far worse record in German league 18 league games without a win ,

yet some think he is going to turn it all around here after a disaster 11 games at end of season ! 

From who?!

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I'm not sure Todd or Emi would agree with the "great empathy" he has towards his players either! Saying that, neither would the likes of Oliveira etc.

It was all a bit American OTT wasn't it, really? Did Marcelo Bielsa not have the funds for the Premier either? I get new owners but I really hope that level of OTT bites them in the bum a bit.

I have the feeling Farke will be a Mike Walker-like manager - for whom it clicks at Norwich but nowhere else.

Hopefully that is the case.

Having handed Farke and his team a four year contract you'd assume he'll be given time to create something rather than just kick him out in a few months should things not be going well. Of course it's all PR as he's only been there a couple of weeks but the new owners are in it for the long haul and have the money to back him. 

1 minute ago, DraytonBoy said:

Having handed Farke and his team a four year contract you'd assume he'll be given time to create something rather than just kick him out in a few months should things not be going well. Of course it's all PR as he's only been there a couple of weeks but the new owners are in it for the long haul and have the money to back him. 

Four year contracts are meaningless. How many actually see them out before they get the bullet ? They can’t say anything else and all clubs do it but all this guff about we loved his intensity, vision, commitment, blah, blah, blah is very wearing. How do these guys keep a straight face ?

I’ll bet if Farke doesn’t make an immediate good impression he’ll be lucky to see out four months never mind four years. 

• Like 3

Assuming Farke gets them promoted, if they are in the bottom 3 the fans will be baying for his blood, and the chairman will happily oblige and sack him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Four year contracts are meaningless. How many actually see them out before they get the bullet ? They can’t say anything else and all clubs do it but all this guff about we loved his intensity, vision, commitment, blah, blah, blah is very wearing. How do these guys keep a straight face ?

I’ll bet if Farke doesn’t make an immediate good impression he’ll be lucky to see out four months never mind four years. 

LDC will be a member on Waco sticking up for him. However with their resources he should have no problems this season, but £100 million doesn’t buy you much the next season, only good coaches keep the new teams up.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

From who?!

Hog by that i mean ,

Not his side ,Team not fit enough , wait till it is his team and things will improve , Not had a pre season ,

That is all Blah Blah Blah until it Results improve .

10 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

How much?:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

That Schalke job in question was as bad a position to be in as Norwich in the Premier. Possibly even worse as Schalke were financially an absolute basket case at that point and indeed their financial head honcho Peter Peters lost his job when Wagner was there.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That Schalke job in question was as bad a position to be in as Norwich in the Premier. Possibly even worse as Schalke were financially an absolute basket case at that point and indeed their financial head honcho Peter Peters lost his job when Wagner was there.

Didn't do very well at Young Boys sacked within a year

Wagner took the reins at Young Boys last summer after boss Gerardo Seoane left for Bayer Leverkusen having led the Bern-based side to three successive league titles - including winning last season's campaign by a whopping 31 points.

Young Boys currently sit second in the table, 15 points behind FC Zurich, level on points with Basel.

my point is Wagner has shown me very  little since he has been appointed , this season is make or break for us and him ,

3 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

How much?:classic_smile:

The problem in betting on this sort of thing is deciding what is a good impression. A manager’s tenure varies from club to club. At Norwich it’s pretty much forever regardless of results, at Watford until the next sunset ( big grin )

I reckon at Leeds he’ll be on thin ice if he manages only nine wins out of the first ten ( even bigger smile coupled with a wink )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Hog by that i mean ,

Not his side ,Team not fit enough , wait till it is his team and things will improve , Not had a pre season ,

That is all Blah Blah Blah until it Results improve .

Which of those things isn’t true?  I certainly hope he comes good, are you of a different opinion?

Edit: And you do realise your follow up comment  “Didn't do very well at Young Boys sacked within a year”. applies just as well to DF at Moenchengladbach don’t you?  

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Copied from Pinkun Home Page i think Leeds Chairman echo's alot of our fans thoughts ,

Daniel Farke should not be branded a Premier League flop with Norwich City, insists new Leeds United chairman Paraag Marathe.

The new Whites' figurehead has opened up on why Farke was the right candidate to revive Leeds' fortunes, after the 49ers Enterprises takeover was confirmed on Monday.

Farke won the Championship twice at Carrow Road but finished rock bottom in his first full season and was dismissed four months into his second tilt.

But Marathe, speaking to Leeds' official podcast in his first interview, made it clear Farke can count on financial backing at Elland Road.

Chelsea's Ethan Ampadu is tipped to be Farke's first signing since his move to Yorkshire.

"I don't think he had a fair deck of cards when he got back up to the Premier League and had two shots at it," he said. "And so that's one thing that we're going to rectify and give him the deck of cards that he needs to be successful once we get back up, because I think he can be a very, very successful coach across Europe.

"This isn't just 'Hey, get us through the Championship'. You know, he's got a quiet confidence about him that is infectious, magnetic.

"You just spend enough time with him around the room, you believe whatever he believes, just because of the confidence by which he carries himself. That's the qualitative thing. The quantitative thing is he's been damn successful.

"He didn't just win the Championship twice, he dominated the Championship twice. He knows what it takes. He knows the grit. He knows the fight. He knows the blood, sweat and tears it's going to take, to get through the Championship."

Farke's Carrow Road reunion is scheduled for October 21, with Norwich set to travel to Elland Road in the Championship on January 27 next year.

The German's reputation for developing young talent at the Canaries did not escape the attention of the new American ownership.

He's got a style of play that I think resonates with our supporters and a style of play that I think fits the players that we have," said Marathe.

"You know, he's been known to develop youngsters and you know, as you know, we've got a great crop of youngsters at the club through the academy as well.

"He's got a great empathy, which I appreciate, he's got a great understanding for the feelings of people on how the feelings of people, not just players, but coaches and staff and ownership, all interact to form a good chemistry of a team.

"And that's one thing that I found really important in American football, in a head coach was having that deep empathy and understanding and I think he's really got that too."

Are you afraid that he’s wrong or rather that he might be right?

I love being a fan, though some things are Grant Holt and some are David Gow.

I think we knew Farke was special didn’t we? Somebody else sees it too. 

‘You can make any decision you like, just be ready to pay the bill’

Parma 

• Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Which of those things isn’t true?  I certainly hope he comes good, are you of a different opinion?

My Opinion is i do not think he is a good manager .

i think he is just like a Paul Lambert , Fantastic at one club ,

Do i hope i am wrong of course but i have seen nothing to think he can turn it around ,

i would love a long term Manager if such a thing can happen these days , build a team and see the younger players coming through ,

Nothing against Wagner personally 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

The Leeds chairman gets it - he sees the special qualities Farke has. Why some folk amongst our fanbase don't see it and think "he's just another manager", I can't really understand.  Leitner/Oliveira/Cantwell/Gilmour and one or two others may not see it either - but then maybe their egos were making them want to stand out from the group - and egos and Farke do not work well together. 

It would be interesting to know why it didn't work out at BMG, but I would expect that they wanted too much too soon, with Farke wanting a certain way of working to be instilled - and the egos there not liking it. Sometimes - as Lambert found when he went to Villa - a club can be dominated by certain egos within it that will confront someone who wants an "all in it together" approach.

His success at Leeds depends on that club supporting him in his way of working and if there are players there who, like Oliveira for us, can't fit in with the regime, they won't last long.  Quality of player is not going to be his problem, as it was with us in the PL - his main issue will be embedding his principles within that club's dna and rooting out big egos - and from what the Leeds chairman says, they will give him that time. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The Leeds chairman gets it - he sees the special qualities Farke has. Why some folk amongst our fanbase don't see it and think "he's just another manager", I can't really understand.  Leitner/Oliveira/Cantwell/Gilmour and one or two others may not see it either - but then maybe their egos were making them want to stand out from the group - and egos and Farke do not work well together. 

It would be interesting to know why it didn't work out at BMG, but I would expect that they wanted too much too soon, with Farke wanting a certain way of working to be instilled - and the egos there not liking it. Sometimes - as Lambert found when he went to Villa - a club can be dominated by certain egos within it that will confront someone who wants an "all in it together" approach.

His success at Leeds depends on that club supporting him in his way of working and if there are players there who, like Oliveira for us, can't fit in with the regime, they won't last long.  Quality of player is not going to be his problem, as it was with us in the PL - his main issue will be embedding his principles within that club's dna and rooting out big egos - and from what the Leeds chairman says, they will give him that time. 

The Leeds Chairman was on the board of directors when they sacked Bielsa. And when they appointed Marsch.

There's not much evidence to suggest he's any good judge of manager whatsoever.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Leeds have a better manager than us.

And a better squad.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And a better squad.

Wagner had a better squad that almost all of the teams who beat us last season.

But it's good to know early what the party line is going to be if he does start to **** the league, "Makes no difference to Webber's decision to sack him, anyone would be doing it with that squad".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Wagner had a better squad that almost all of the teams who beat us last season.

But it's good to know early what the party line is going to be if he does start to **** the league, "Makes no difference to Webber's decision to sack him, anyone would be doing it with that squad".

Do you not think they have one of the best squads in the league?