Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

European Heatwave

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's not the worst of it. A Texan friend of mine who emigrated to Athens is saying it's got too hot there! 

Back home next Sunday. Can't wait to be able to bang out long treadmill runs in training again, but as I'll probably be looking to emigrate to central Germany due to Miss TGS by the start of next year, I can't say this weather is pleasing!

I would recommend proximity to water. If it is central Germany then the coast is out, but somewhere with some lakes for swimming or even just paddling might be welcome when it gets really hot.

6 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Game set and match, Scott Perry:

Perry started to lose it when he called anyone who disagreed with him 'grifters'. Definitely lost most of the discussions and those charts were debunked by the scientific community.

Perry is also one of the leading election deniers, he at one point said 'the Brits' were part of the conspiricy. He was subpoenaed to appear before the Jan 6th Committe but failed to attend. He also lead attempts to overthrow the election results in the key states where Trump lost despite no evidence of any wrongdoing.

Why do you keep aligning yourself with these nutters? He's just another version the Kraken lady that you lauded so much, what happened to her?

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Game set and match, Scott Perry:

Hey Jools it used to be that people who believed in climate change were cranks. I am afraid for you the tables have turned and those that now don’t believe are considered cranks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

The ESA monitors land and sea temperatures via it's satellites . It has not gone from measuring air temperatures to land temperatures as it never measured air temperatures in the first place . The clue is in the title ......The European Space Agency , it measures temperatures from space. The temperatures we have seen reported from Italy and Greece are from their own national meteorology services and not the ESA and using traditional methods,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the purposes of fact-finding, perhaps we should club together and send Ricardo out to report on any future heatwave event? 🥵🤣

Apples

35 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

For the purposes of fact-finding, perhaps we should club together and send Ricardo out to report on any future heatwave event? 🥵🤣

Apples

Rather cool and damp outside at the moment. Expect cold conditions next to Sainsburys fridges in the next hour.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Rather cool and damp outside at the moment. Expect cold conditions next to Sainsburys fridges in the next hour.

My neighbour, a single lady, bought some rattan garden furniture during the dry spell. I assembled it for her and told her it would upset the balance. The rotation of my screwdriver would cause El Nino. Since then it has rained virtually every day.

I won't publish her address as she is a nice lady and I don't want her to get hate mail.

• Haha 2

On 17/07/2023 at 01:20, Terminally Yellow said:

Three quotes from 2010, 1988 and 1991. **** me what an idiot you are.

Could you explain what's wrong with quoting those years? Surely climate change is a subject that should be looked at from a centuary's perspective and not what happened last month.

If you look at the data for the oldest available source, which is arctic ice cores you can see that from 80k years ago to about 20k years ago while temperature fluctuated, it was on average 4C warmer than it is now. Those pushing a climate crisis narrative do so by taking the coldest year on record as their bae year. 

Climate crisis is a financial scam to accumulate land and wealth through carbon offset payments. Dutch farmers re currently fighting off a plan to steal their land using the money raised from carbon offset.

• Haha 1

Fairly pleasant in NR2 at the moment.

About 20c, cloudy but with bright intervals.

If we could just move the test match to Eaton Park we might get a result.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Fairly pleasant in NR2 at the moment.

About 20c, cloudy but with bright intervals.

If we could just move the test match to Eaton Park we might get a result.

Didn't the cricket pitch near the Farmhouse end have a special name? I'm sure it hosted Norfolk once.

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Didn't the cricket pitch near the Farmhouse end have a special name? I'm sure it hosted Norfolk once.

I remember The Cage, but that was in the middle near the big round changing rooms. I  made my debut at Eaton Park in 1978, aged 10, for Hempnall against Eaton. 

Stop the small boats! No, hang on, this time it's British tourists fleeing danger. Start the small boats!

• Like 1