dylanisabaddog

Ssshh, you know Hugh

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Probably my favourite Pink'Un headline

Now now….sure we don’t want a lawsuit on our hands… 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ipswich 2 Norwich 3

My first derby. Why would I get sued for that? I'm baffled 

Haha 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Now now….sure we don’t want a lawsuit on our hands… 

We should bet on whether it would get the mods off their ****.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

We should bet on whether it would get the mods off their ****.

What can they do?  If they blocked this thread it would look as though it's true, even if it isn't.

The mother of the alleged victim says she reported it to the BBC about six weeks ago but nothing happened, so she suspected a cover-up and went to the Sun.  If true, the BBC is in massive trouble.  Haven't they learned anything from Savile?

Edited by benchwarmer

23 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

What can they do?  If they blocked this thread it would look as though it's true, even if it isn't.

The mother of the alleged victim says she reported it to the BBC about six weeks ago but nothing happened, so she suspected a cover-up and went to the Sun.  If true, the BBC is in massive trouble.  Haven't they learned anything from Savile?

Well if lawsuits for naming someone were real then the pinkun would have to protect itself by removing said naming. 

Chill out everybody. Nobody really knows anything and there appear to be lots of to me frankly odd questions to answer.

Reading between the lines the BBC was contacted mid May with one set of (lesser) allegations, tried to contact the family (but failed) and then we get a further set of more serious allegations made via the Sun. Why not go straight to the police, possibly years earlier?

The full truth will out soon enough.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Chill out everybody. Nobody really knows anything and there appear to be lots of to me frankly odd questions to answer.

Reading between the lines the BBC was contacted mid May with one set of (lesser) allegations, tried to contact the family (but failed) and then we get a further set of more serious allegations made via the Sun. Why not go straight to the police, possibly years earlier?

The full truth will out soon enough.

I agree with 95% of that. I enjoy the speculation as much as anyone,but we should assume nothing.

The 5% I disagree with is the- 'why didnt they go to the police straight away thing.   As a general point there are many reasons why someone might not go to the police about a sexual offence and a decision not to or a delay in doing so shouldn't be taken as evidence of anything without incredibly good reason.

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

GN

When I Google list of BBC presenters I don't see a GN, so I'm non the wiser.

Had this been a politician everyone one would have been all over this and BBC would be demanding names. BBC however seems to operate in some strange vacuum. Trouble is a few false accusations such as Jeremy Vine and Nicky Campbell being talked about on the socials, which isn't good for them.

No doubt we'll all know soon enough but BBC seems to make life difficult for itself.

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

I agree with 95% of that. I enjoy the speculation as much as anyone,but we should assume nothing.

The 5% I disagree with is the- 'why didnt they go to the police straight away thing.   As a general point there are many reasons why someone might not go to the police about a sexual offence and a decision not to or a delay in doing so shouldn't be taken as evidence of anything without incredibly good reason.

As the Beeb says - it's complicated.

However ... why go to the Beeb, and then the Sun, not the Police in the first place? Seems to me it wan't about 'justice' but about something else....

The Beeb do have duty of care to all their employees. I can wait for ALL the facts but I can smell something isn't quite as it seems.

Edited by Yellow Fever

32 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

GN isn't employed by the Beeb. His show is produced via another company.

It also runs from about October to April, so came off air before the allegation was received by the BBC.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

As the Beeb says - it's complicated.

However ... why go to the Beeb, and then the Sun, not the Police in the first place? Seems to me it wan't about 'justice' but about something else....

The Beeb do have duty of care to all their employees. I can wait for ALL the facts but I can smell something isn't quite as it seems.

All sounds a bit iffy but best await more info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

I have a source but obviously I can't say more than this. 

Have a source or on the sauce? 🤔

I haven't seen Richard Baker do the news for a while. Just saying. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Those were exactly my initial (and current) thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I haven't seen Richard Baker do the news for a while. Just saying. 

Alvar Lidell perhaps?

Oh dear, Carte Ruck have become involved. That is real high end legal stuff. I hope the Sun are getting lawyered up because you don't  fcuk with Carter Ruck.

• Like 1