Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

£45 for a T Shirt

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Love the buying a shirt due to FM. I got sacked by Norwich once and took FC Erzgebirge Aue from bottom of third tier to Bundesliga champions and was so emotionally invested I wanted to wear their shirt and point at the badge to Delia and Michael at an upcoming home game for having the nerve to sack me 😅

I can hear some posters on here blaming Webber and his 90% commitment to the football manager cause

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I can hear some posters on here blaming Webber and his 90% commitment to the football manager cause

I sacked Webber as soon as I got the Norwich job 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've ordered a Kevin Keelan one

How do spell Varco ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I think for legal reasons DHgate can't show kit makers and even badges.

If you bought it, it would come with the manufacturer badge as well as the Norwich crest.

So for interest I put one in the basket and it said September delivery.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So for interest I put one in the basket and it said September delivery.

Maybe Sainz transfer said the same..... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

So, completely the same then.

😛

Probably not. Almost certainly funding dubious people by buying knock offs as they are trading illegally to start with.

4 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Probably not. Almost certainly funding dubious people by buying knock offs as they are trading illegally to start with.

Fake then.

There's a lot of it about.

43 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

You don't believe that, do you?

They started saying that in the 80s, that buying counterfeit wears funded gun running, etc.

It's just the government pouting as they lose out in tax.

With Saudi Arabia and their morals, they fall into the "dubious people" category.  They hold shares in Boeing, Facebook, Disney, Marriott, Starbucks Amazon, Google, Visa, Microsoft, Disney, Nintendo, Uber, PayPal and Zoom and many others.

Oh. And Thames Water.

The likes of them not paying tax means you and I have to pay more as a result. 

In any case it’s organised crime and funds many things we would rather we’re not part of our lives particularly the drugs syndicates. 

it’s how they launder money. 

We are not talking about a market trader. 

it’s an international website, producing ,selling and transporting goods around the world.

That takes big money. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Do our club get anything from fakes?

No just the drugs gangs. 

Edited by duke63

I suspect the people moaning about the price of shirts are the same ones moaning that we haven’t signed Declan Rice. 

56 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I suspect the people moaning about the price of shirts are the same ones moaning that we haven’t signed Declan Rice. 

Declan rice, excellent accompaniment for Beef with Idah

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

More fans with more spare cash, eating more matchday pies?  Sounds a bit Billy Idol, that 

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Does anybody know if the website also sells half and half scarves ?

Or shares......

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, duke63 said:

What a daft thing to say. You think £45 for a T shirt is  a fair price? Shall I set up a d DD to the club each week instead

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

But if I don't buy the £45 t shirt they aren't making any money either. Its the same with Golf. £50-60 for a Polo shirt that is £10 in a normal shop. Make less of a profit more often.

British disease. Bus half empty. Double the price. How about Bus half empty and half the price. They have done that down here in Cornwall and the buses are full because you don't need an exhorbitant parking fee either.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

What a daft thing to say. You think £45 for a T shirt is  a fair price? Shall I set up a d DD to the club each week instead

But if I don't buy the £45 t shirt they aren't making any money either. Its the same with Golf. £50-60 for a Polo shirt that is £10 in a normal shop. Make less of a profit more often.

British disease. Bus half empty. Double the price. How about Bus half empty and half the price. They have done that down here in Cornwall and the buses are full because you don't need an exhorbitant parking fee either.

I've had my jabs Pops. If I don't want something or can't afford something I don't give it another thought. I haven't brought any new footy shirts for years. I have bought shirts at the end of the season when they're cheaper. 

Do you use the bus? Sometimes I used to get the 97 to the Lame Dog and then walk from there to the ground.

17 hours ago, duke63 said:

No just the drugs gangs. 

We get money from drugs gangs?  

What was all the BK8 fuss about then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Do you use the bus? Sometimes I used to get the 97 to the Lame Dog and then walk from there to the ground.

When I was a kid, My dad would park along the road near Long John chippy and we'd walk up each game. 

When I was older, passed my driving test and drove some mates up who'd normally get on the bus with.  Pulled up at Long John Hill and they all asking what I'm doing, started complaining about how far it was from the ground.  In the end I had to drive back round and queue up to county hall to shut them up moaning.

Told my old man when I got home and he was livid, He couldn't understand how there was space at Long John and instead I waited to go into County Hall.  Don't think he's ever looked at me the same since. :classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

When I was a kid, My dad would park along the road near Long John chippy and we'd walk up each game. 

When I was older, passed my driving test and drove some mates up who'd normally get on the bus with.  Pulled up at Long John Hill and they all asking what I'm doing, started complaining about how far it was from the ground.  In the end I had to drive back round and queue up to county hall to shut them up moaning.

Told my old man when I got home and he was livid, He couldn't understand how there was space at Long John and instead I waited to go into County Hall.  Don't think he's ever looked at me the same since. :classic_wacko:

I’ve parked at jubilee park A few times, decent chippy that 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I've had my jabs Pops. If I don't want something or can't afford something I don't give it another thought. I haven't brought any new footy shirts for years. I have bought shirts at the end of the season when they're cheaper. 

I haven't bought a shirt for two or three seasons. I wouldn't buy one if I didn't like it. Of course I only get to away games so its only worn out half a dozen times a year. I certainly don't wear it anywhere else but a game. I normally wear the Centenary shirt as its a favourite of mine.

I use the bus where possible and even though Cornwall is slightly under populated, we have a remarkably good service. I can get a bus in town that takes me to Truro or in the opposite direction Penzance every 15 minutes. And because they have reduced the prices they are now used far more frequently and they bought several new ones at a cost of £11M. I have a bus pass of course. When I come to Norwich, the car stays where it is and Mrs KG and I use the Bus.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 11:42, Branston Pickle said:

It is what it is - there’s a fair few ‘sectors’ of industry where the punters are assumed to be immune from the cost of living crisis - sport in general is one, ‘entertainment’ another.  I was at Wimbledon yesterday, the cost of things there was mind boggling, but that wasn’t anything new. 

I was there too on Friday. Were you the guy wearing the Norwich shirt?   Agree about some of the prices though - a piece of carrot cake £5.95 and didn't bother queuing for drinks or ice cream at their prices.......mind you we found some strawberries and cream in one of the cafes for £2.50, which didn't seem too bad! 

Hilarious fun on the hill trying to dodge the stewards who tried to stop people going up there.........

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I have bought shirts at the end of the season when they're cheaper. 

I am well aware of the cheap shirts you buy.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was there too on Friday. Were you the guy wearing the Norwich shirt?   Agree about some of the prices though - a piece of carrot cake £5.95 and didn't bother queuing for drinks or ice cream at their prices.......mind you we found some strawberries and cream in one of the cafes for £2.50, which didn't seem too bad! 

Hilarious fun on the hill trying to dodge the stewards who tried to stop people going up there.........

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon-food-drink-prices-beer-wine-strawberries-cream-b1091971.html

• Like 1