3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Me at the back

Heritage.jpg

It looks lively and an average lower age than was expected. Fair play for turning up mate. You next to Til back row 2nd left? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Zoe on expanding Carrow Road: 

"It's a big project we're working on. Construction costs are astronomical. We're looking through plans and understanding the phasing. We have nearly 22, 000 season ticket holders – which is brilliant, but how do we redevelop a stadium without people being able to come to the game? The architects we're working with worked on Liverpool. They were clever with how they structured the build. It's definitely something we're working on, but build projects are slow."

They are certainly slow at Carrow Road. If you’re over 60 don’t hold your breath to see the new stand before the grim reaper calls. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

More importantly is there going to be a live stream of Hoggy playing tennis?.....

I won 6-4, 6-2.

Thanks for the interest 😀

“As things stand Mark is a minority shareholder “

interesting line the delay said to be due to legislation which is more aimed at large plc’s and paperwork submissions required as a result of this.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I won 6-4, 6-2.

What was your xG, though? 😛

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I won 6-4, 6-2.

Was this your tricky opponent?.....Getting Kids 10 and Under Into The Swing of Tennis | HuffPost Life

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

But what’s happening with the bloody shares ??????????     

This was what Zoe Webber said:

"It has gone quiet in the public domain. Behind the scenes we are continuing to work on it. The complexity comes because we are a plc and there is an enhanced level of regulatory checks we have to work through. They were designed for big trading plcs. But it means a lot of our documentation has to go to independent regulators. We hope in the coming weeks we can make some progress."

That is true about the club being a plc, as far as it goes. I said at the outset when Attanasio surfaced that this would be the first time the club would have to get heavily involved in the Takeover Code and the Takeover Panel, with oversight and regulations it hadn't had to get too bothered about in the past.

But this was a known factor and by all accounts the club - which has professional outside advisers - believed it was aware of the implications. And, as GMF has recently pointed out, the club said at the shareholders' meeting on February 13 that approved the creation of the new shares that it anticipated all the regulatory stuff being sorted out within two weeks or so. After which, presumably, Attanasio would buy the shares.

Instead we are into the 19th week, and apparently the hope is at best for some progress in the weeks to come. Truthfully on the face of it simply creating a bit under 200,000 new shares shouldn't pose too many regulatory problems. It is hardly a totally novel manoeuvre. Unless, as may be the case, there is in the proposal the club has put to the Takeover panel a particular wrinkle. One that the Takeover Panel is not entirely happy about. That would explain this delay.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

I thought her line where she said he is a minority shareholder as things stand intimated that may be about to change 

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

I thought her line where she said he is a minority shareholder as things stand intimated that may be about to change 

She certainly said he hadn't lost interest when that was suggested from the floor. 

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

@PurpleCanary Agreed that is how it came across. Did you think it implied that a plc is not what the Club should be?

No. I don’t think that is implied. There is no reason why the club shouldn’t be a pic. There are advantages for the minority shareholders. But a guess would be that when Attanasio takes over he might decide to take it back to being a private company.

2 hours ago, Soldier on said:

But what’s happening with the bloody shares ??????????     

Our friend chose instead to ask why we had moved away from having a chairperson and CEO.

44 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Exactly what i said to Nutty who was sitting next to me when she said it.

47 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not about to, but eventually. Or at least that was the plan. 

I went along. Enjoyed it.

The first part, with the radio presenters interviewing the guests was a bit like press conference stuff.

But once we got onto questions from the audience, it was rather entertaining.

Some awkward questions were asked. But fair play to Zoe Webber, who answered audience questions enthusiastically and came across very well.

Pretty standard stuff. Onel is a bit of a fan-engagement get out of jail free card but I thought everyone spoke pretty well in general

Stuart on the bells had his timing spot on, it has to be said.

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

New kit, out by next Tuesday I'm sure Zoe said too. 

I believe it came out 'this week' last year, and as she said our first friendly is next week. I'm going for Thursday along with the friendly that is definitely not Las Palmas H

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I believe it came out 'this week' last year, and as she said our first friendly is next week. I'm going for Thursday along with the friendly that is definitely not Las Palmas H

Will be a friendly at home to be announced too. 

I thought it was interesting that Zoe suggested that the new sporting director could be a woman.

Nothing being ruled out, best for the job will get it. Encouraging. 

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Was this your tricky opponent?.....Getting Kids 10 and Under Into The Swing of Tennis | HuffPost Life

Is that the kid who beat you in a recent IQ test? 

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Our friend chose instead to ask why we had moved away from having a chairperson and CEO.

The waffle had already been delivered in between incessant use of 'you know'. I just didn't think I was going to get anything more sensible out of a direct question on the subject of shares.

The fact she passed the question on the Chairperson and CEO onto Delia who wasn't there tells it's own story.

Edited by essex canary

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

New kit, out by next Tuesday I'm sure Zoe said too. 

Out before we play Barnet in our first pre season match.. On Tuesday? You don't say

She's a real genius

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Based upon the limited information disclosed to date, the proposed number of new shares would be insufficient to give MA a majority shareholding, unless, of course, D&M decide to transfer some of their shares.

Personally, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the prospect of that happening, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

But this was a known factor and by all accounts the club - which has professional outside advisers - believed it was aware of the implications. And, as GMF has recently pointed out, the club said at the shareholders' meeting on February 13 that approved the creation of the new shares that it anticipated all the regulatory stuff being sorted out within two weeks or so. After which, presumably, Attanasio would buy the shares.

Instead we are into the 19th week, and apparently the hope is at best for some progress in the weeks to come. Truthfully on the face of it simply creating a bit under 200,000 new shares shouldn't pose too many regulatory problems. It is hardly a totally novel manoeuvre. Unless, as may be the case, there is in the proposal the club has put to the Takeover panel a particular wrinkle. One that the Takeover Panel is not entirely happy about. That would explain this delay.

As suggested, there’s a pretty standard procedure to be followed if someone crosses the 30% threshold and the 19 week delay hints that the proposed direction of travel may deviate somewhat from that standard procedure. To hint that the delay is solely due to the regulators dragging their feet might, I would suggest, be somewhat mischievous! 

17 minutes ago, GMF said:

As suggested, there’s a pretty standard procedure to be followed if someone crosses the 30% threshold and the 19 week delay hints that the proposed direction of travel may deviate somewhat from that standard procedure. To hint that the delay is solely due to the regulators dragging their feet might, I would suggest, be somewhat mischievous! 

Let's suppose that the new shares will be used to partially finance stadium expansion.

Let's also suppose, as you have previously maintained, that Foulger and others sold out at a comparatively low price.

In that scenario it surely wouldn't make sense for the Club to boost up the price of the newly issued shares and simultaneously boost up the offer exit price to minority shareholders.

Wouldn't they be better off funding it by other means and/or encouraging the minority shareholders to stay in or even expand them?

If they choose the latter perhaps the incentivisation could be based on the Bond scheme elements such as club voucher entitlements now with a big bonus pay off if and when attaining Premier League status?

39 minutes ago, GMF said:

Based upon the limited information disclosed to date, the proposed number of new shares would be insufficient to give MA a majority shareholding, unless, of course, D&M decide to transfer some of their shares.

Personally, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the prospect of that happening, at least in the short term.

That would imply that they are going to run the Club 40:40:20 or that Attanasio will acquire a majoritty from hoovering up minorities.

Are either of those reality?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Let's suppose that the new shares will be used to partially finance stadium expansion.

Let's also suppose, as you have previously maintained, that Foulger and others sold out at a comparatively low price.

In that scenario it surely wouldn't make sense for the Club to boost up the price of the newly issued shares and simultaneously boost up the offer exit price to minority shareholders.

Wouldn't they be better off funding it by other means and/or encouraging the minority shareholders to stay in or even expand them?

If they choose the latter perhaps the incentivisation could be based on the Bond scheme elements such as club voucher entitlements now with a big bonus pay off if and when attaining Premier League status?

You’re making a lot of presumptions here, the majority of them unrealistic.

The primary with any new share issue is to raise new capital. I’m that context, why would it be discounted in any way?