Sign in to follow this  
Mengo

D Farke would you have him back?

Any chance we can go more than a few days before another "can we gave Farke back" thread sprouts up please.

If/when Webber goes, then yes please bring it up

Farke should certainly be a consideration if after 10 games next season Wagner has shown no improvement on this dreadful season.

• Like 2

Have him back in a heart beat, however I think if we’re committed to signings and a way forward with Wagner then we need to see it through.

Hopefully as a rose tinted NCFC optimist then clearly Wagner will turn us around and have us challenging for the title, however if he isn’t and we’re near rock bottom then we should eat some humble pie and pray that Daniel wants to come back here and talk about some topics! 😂

I'd have him back as Sporting Director. As much as I didn't want him sacked at the time, if he had clashes with Webber in terms of personnel and what was needed, I can't see that situation improving. In such a case, I'd rather Farke have the overriding vision throughout the club.

Not to mention, that was his initial aim in the first place. Wouldn't be so hard for him to settle back here, and let's face it, who better to give us the stylish footy we had than the guy who coached it in to start with?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As much as I didn't want him sacked at the time, if he had clashes with Webber in terms of personnel and what was needed, I can't see that situation improving.

Is that an accepted possibility then?

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Is that an accepted possibility then?

An accepted possibility of what?

13 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yep and 1 of those championship seasons weren't good either. 

Fact of the matter is Daniel Farke fails without Emi Buendia. 

Really. Which of the 2 wasn’t good since we won the title by a good margin in both.Either that or you are speaking out of your ar*e again.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Really. Which of the 2 wasn’t good since we won the title by a good margin in both.Either that or you are speaking out of your ar*e again.

There were 3 championship seasons. 

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There were 3 championship seasons. 

I know. My post referred to 2 championship seasons and you said one wasn’t very good either. Which?

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

An accepted possibility of what?

Of Webber and Farke clashing in regards to personnel.

23 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Of Webber and Farke clashing in regards to personnel.

I'm pretty sure it was well-established that in the second crack at the Premier, Farke wanted far fewer, but better players but Webber's idea of bulking out the squad won through. That tells me Farke was potentially the better judge of what was truly needed when their second time in the Premier came around.

Yes, I'd like to see him back at CR. I genuinely think sacking him has set us back 10 years. Yes, he struggled in the PL, but he did the best with what he had. 

It was crazy logic to give him a four-year contract and then sack him after 10 games, ignoring the circumstances behind it - the behaviour of some of the young egos, the truncated pre season because of covid, the late arrival of Norman/Kabak, what was imo a fixed fixture list to make it as difficult as possible for us (the PL don't want a self sufficient club in their league, they want money to be at the heart of it), the loss of Skipp/Buendia without replacing them.....the list goes on. 

He was the fall guy when there was no need for a fall guy. He was still fighting to find a way to win - and the players, apart from Cantwell, were still playing for him.  Then he got that elusive first win.....only to he sacked. Ridiculous. 

I suspect he ruffled a few feathers amongst some of the senior players at BMG, who might not have liked his anti-ego approach. There is no place for ego in a Farke squad - and that is a big reason why he is well suited to us, a club that doesn't need big egos getting in the way of things. 

Smith and Wagner have made little difference except for showing that they can't make a difference. Wagner will get next season and probably rightly so - but he better succeed because another disappointing season will only make the sacking of Farke look even worse. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

As much as in a dream world it would seem nice to rekindle the Farke thing, it would cause chaos.

Wagner appears to be having influence on coaching appointments and likely transfer targets as well. Bringing back Farke as Head Coach would undo much of that.

If we need a new Sporting Director then that might be on option, but who would recommend him to the BOD? Delia?

It's possible Wagner will fail quite quickly judging by last season, but he needs space and a chance. I can't see Farke working for Webber again tbh.

No.

It’s never the same second time around, circumstances and players are different. Would supporters really give him a season of middling results before expecting more? It would all go toxic and we really would have been set back several years then. Thinking about it, I’d rather have Alex Neil back, he has clearly matured as a coach/manager since leaving us. 

Edit: I’m not advocating sacking Wagner and recruiting Neil, we have to give Wagner a season.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah because those two premier league seasons were great weren't they?

He only had one and a quarter PL seasons.

7 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He only had one and a quarter PL seasons.

And presided over some of the worst form this club has ever seen in its life time 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Why don’t we think about bringing players like Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan and the like back too?

And people wonder why we have a reputation of no ambition ffs.

Get over Farke, he was a failure when it mattered whether people like it or not! He’s shown he can’t cut it at MG too in a top flight and as that’s what we should be aspiring to be the answer has to be NO! 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm pretty sure it was well-established that in the second crack at the Premier, Farke wanted far fewer, but better players but Webber's idea of bulking out the squad won through.

Ah ok, I felt the same, but didn't realise that there was a clash there, presumed they were both on the same page.  

That's quite major if true, and should be the most salient point when we look back over our demise in the past 2 seasons.  Can you remember where you heard it from?  i.e. was it hearsay on here or something that Bailey or Pinkun alluded to?

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Ah ok, I felt the same, but didn't realise that there was a clash there, presumed they were both on the same page.  

That's quite major if true, and should be the most salient point when we look back over our demise in the past 2 seasons.  Can you remember where you heard it from?  i.e. was it hearsay on here or something that Bailey or Pinkun alluded to?

Fairly sure I read it in the Athletic before I let the subscription expire.

17 hours ago, ricardo said:

Should never have been sacked in the first place.

agreed............

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You really are a complete Cnut aren’t you!

Most people tend to like a good "cnut" as you put it. 

No one likes you.

I mean imagine ignoring a whole season just to have to make your point 😂 Hilarious.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

21 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And presided over some of the worst form this club has ever seen in its life time 

So you admit one failed season? And one ten game run where five of those games were Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. He then went away to Brentford and won before getting sacked.

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yeah he is.

Oh dear. Another I've upset. You bunch of snowflake cry babies need to get over yourselves and quick. You are what hold this club in the past. You're better off following Ipswich - they all live in the past like you.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh dear. Another I've upset. You bunch of snowflake cry babies need to get over yourselves and quick. You are what hold this club in the past. You're better off following Ipswich - they all live in the past like you.

No snowflake. You're just a bell end.