Well done to the Panel on item 11 which at least secures a little more reassurance concerning the share issue feedback.

Given the occurence of the phrase "membership demographic" in the Trusts recent notes, it would be good to know how this is satisfied in the issue at item 3 concerning selecting new OSP members from selected supporter groups?

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Chocolate tea pot comes to mind 

Was that their service awards? 

In all seriousness,  whilst I have been critical of process of the osp, I do applaud those who have volunteered, particularly being inaugural members. I hope their time was enjoyable,  engaging and rewarding. 

Not sure I agree with the club picking/ approaching their replacements ,as that to my mind goes against one of the original big selling points when originally discussed and volunteers sought.

That said @Feedthewolf is irreplaceable in my book! 😉 

• Like 1

It really is quite astonishing that people still think having a drum at the games is ‘the’ answer for having some atmosphere.  Tbh they can do whatever, but it It isn’t remotely necessary if the team actually plays at all well…and it went ‘missing’ midway through games several times this season. Either do it or don’t, at the moment it is pretty feeble.

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It really is quite astonishing that people still think having a drum at the games is ‘the’ answer for having some atmosphere.  Tbh they can do whatever, but it It isn’t remotely necessary if the team actually plays at all well…and it went ‘missing’ midway through games several times this season. Either do it or don’t, at the moment it is pretty feeble.

But if the drum isn't there and we are 5hite they ca  blame that. 

I struggle to see the link to city elite and the drummer as one entity. if there is only one drummer, who can't make it to all games, and there is no drum on those occasions,  what do the others do? Do they still go when he's not there? Do they all help carry the drum in when he is there?

I remember seeing a survey that mentioned the drum, not sure I saw it had been permitted to all games? Its abit tail wagging the dog to me.

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It's one of the "easiest" answers. The reasons behind the decline in atmosphere at Carrow Road include:

• Performances have been poor
  • There's a lack of communicated vision or plan from the club
  • The ageing fanbase 

Some of the solutions are:

• The club coming up with a strong, ambitious vision and plan and being able to communicate it to fans
  • Expanding the stadium to allow more young fans in
  • Reducing the % of older fans in the existing stadium capacity
  • Having the team perform better

With those in mind, I can see why "we'll let the guy have a drum" is front and centre, it's cheap, easy and doesn't hold anyone accountable or run the risk of offending the coffin dodger brigade.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No one on the panel thought it was 'the' answer, the general consensus was that the atmosphere in the ground was better this season when it was present.  Obviously it can only do so much, and whatever is served up on the pitch is the biggest contributor to atmosphere.

To be fair to the club they've done a lot to support the City Elite drummer, but they can't demand his attendance.  Ultimately it's his choice if he comes to a game or not.

When QR codes replacing paper team sheets was discussed, was there any mention of programmes following suit and going digital only, as has been eluded to a few times on here? Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Was that their service awards?  

Not sure I agree with the club picking/ approaching their replacements ,as that to my mind goes against one of the original big selling points when originally discussed and volunteers 

I’m not sure I understand this ? 

The fans forum will now be made up of people who are invited on from other fan groups? 

Whats the point of that? 

PS as I said at the outset , I don’t need representing , but good luck to anyone that wants to do it .  

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m not sure I understand this ? 

The fans forum will now be made up of people who are invited on from other fan groups? 

Whats the point of that? 

PS as I said at the outset , I don’t need representing , but good luck to anyone that wants to do it .  

There will still be fan representation, six of the current members are continuing on for another year.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's one of the "easiest" answers. The reasons behind the decline in atmosphere at Carrow Road include:

• Performances have been poor
  • There's a lack of communicated vision or plan from the club
  • The ageing fanbase 

Some of the solutions are:

• The club coming up with a strong, ambitious vision and plan and being able to communicate it to fans
  • Expanding the stadium to allow more young fans in
  • Reducing the % of older fans in the existing stadium capacity
  • Having the team perform better

With those in mind, I can see why "we'll let the guy have a drum" is front and centre, it's cheap, easy and doesn't hold anyone accountable or run the risk of offending the coffin dodger brigade.

The defeat vs Swansea saw the drummer fall silent at the end of the first half, not to be heard again.

Meanwhile many other, younger, fans chose to leave a long time before the match finished.

Please explain how these fans are preferable to the "coffin dodgers" who stayed for the full 95 mins to offer support to the team? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

When QR codes replacing paper team sheets was discussed, was there any mention of programmes following suit and going digital only, as has been eluded to a few times on here? Thanks.

I would say it hasn't been ruled out, but no decision has been made.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The defeat vs Swansea saw the drummer fall silent at the end of the first half, not to be heard again.

Meanwhile many other, younger, fans chose to leave a long time before the match finished.

Please explain how these fans are preferable to the "coffin dodgers" who stayed for the full 95 mins to offer support to the team? 

I am not sure how the lack of atmosphere can be put down to an ageing fanbase, given that I recall things being pretty noisy during our promotion seasons just a few years ago?

Or is the OP suggesting that these few years has tipped the balance? Without evidence, this just seems like jumping on the usual ageism bandwagon.

3. Supporter Panel reform - ALL

This was the final meeting of the Supporter Panel before some members step off at the end of their term. Proposals to reform the Supporter Panel to include representation from supporter groups was discussed and agreed. The Panel gave recommendations of how this should operate, and the club will now amend the Panel’s Terms of Reference and formally invite the identified groups to join the Panel for the start of the new season.

Now unless i have misunderstood this but if those standing down from the OSP are to be replaced by members from existing supporters Groups what on earth is the point of that as the club already consult so we are told with these supporters groups on a regular basis ?

Has election from the fanbase at large to the OSP been kicked into touch by the club and they are deciding who they consult with which sounds a little bit like North Korean democracy ?

@Lessingham Canary

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

No one on the panel thought it was 'the' answer, the general consensus was that the atmosphere in the ground was better this season when it was present.  Obviously it can only do so much, and whatever is served up on the pitch is the biggest contributor to atmosphere.

To be fair to the club they've done a lot to support the City Elite drummer, but they can't demand his attendance.  Ultimately it's his choice if he comes to a game or not.

…so there’s only one person who can use the/a drum?  It does get more and more strange sounding - that we’re going to have improved atmosphere but only when the one and only guy makes it.  And then he gives up after part of the game. 
If it is that quick a win I would have thought the club could afford a drum to keep on-site, and perhaps pay someone to do it - if only via a free ticket.  My son drums and I’m sure might think about doing it for his admission.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

…so there’s only one person who can use the/a drum?  It does get more and more strange sounding - that we’re going to have improved atmosphere but only when the one and only guy makes it.  
if it is that quick a win I would have thought the club could afford a drum to keep on-site.  My son drums and I’m sure might think about doing it for a free ticket.

I don't disagree, without betraying any confidences I think the club have tried very hard to get this to work with a drummer who was 'fan backed'.  Who knows what will happen between now and August.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

3. Supporter Panel reform - ALL

This was the final meeting of the Supporter Panel before some members step off at the end of their term. Proposals to reform the Supporter Panel to include representation from supporter groups was discussed and agreed. The Panel gave recommendations of how this should operate, and the club will now amend the Panel’s Terms of Reference and formally invite the identified groups to join the Panel for the start of the new season.

Now unless i have misunderstood this but if those standing down from the OSP are to be replaced by members from existing supporters Groups what on earth is the point of that as the club already consult so we are told with these supporters groups on a regular basis ?

Has election from the fanbase at large to the OSP been kicked into touch by the club and they are deciding who they consult with which sounds a little bit like North Korean democracy ?

As mentioned above, six of the current panel are staying on for another year.  They will then be replaced by a further six new fans (voted for by fans).

17 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

As mentioned above, six of the current panel are staying on for another year.  They will then be replaced by a further six new fans (voted for by fans).

So moving forward are you now saying that 50% of the OSP will be voted for by fans and the other 50% will be selected by the club ?

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

What does "to include representation from supporter groups' mean exactly given that @TIL 1010 is suggesting seemingly quite correctly that such groups already have their own representation?

Given that certain supporter groups appear to be being asked to justify their 'membership demographic' how do we know this is being done in relation to the OSP and/or any other supporter groups? NOTE There is an element of pots and kettles here seeing as the Club's own overriding membership supporters group namely shareholders clearly doesn't have a balanced 'membership demographic'.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So moving forward are you now saying that 50% of the OSP will be voted for by fans and the other 50% will be selected by the club ?

Yes essentially you are correct, that other 50% being representatives from six separate supporters groups.  My understanding is that the only group who has regular meetings with the club are the Canaries Trust, others have no such arrangements.

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Yes essentially you are correct, that other 50% being representatives from six separate supporters groups.  My understanding is that the only group who has regular meetings with the club are the Canaries Trust, others have no such arrangements.

The club have claimed numerous times that consultation with supporters groups has taken place on matters such as membership schemes, improving the matchday experience etc so this new line of approach seems to conflict with that assertion previously portrayed.

Can we ask who is staying and who is leaving?  And I'm curious what the service awards were, hopefully nice momento of time given.

As in whilst there isn't a pinkun rep as such, its nice to intereract with osp members and get a little more info from discussions, inc the South Stand taps! I also think it's beneficial the other way, and osp members have used this forum to gauge temperature, and also initially to gain votes onto the forum. 

32 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

They will then be replaced by a further six new fans (voted for by fans).

Is voting compulsory then? 😉 

I reckon we need someone from the women's team, a married couple and a couple of divorcees. But not a couple couple of divorcees...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I wonder who the different fans groups will be and who they represent?

Indeed Duncan as most of them can hardly muster enough to hold the four corners of their flag at the match when they parade round the ground at half time.I got stick when i described them as one man and his dog. :classic_laugh:

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can we ask who is staying and who is leaving?  And I'm curious what the service awards were, hopefully nice momento of time given.

As in whilst there isn't a pinkun rep as such, its nice to intereract with osp members and get a little more info from discussions, inc the South Stand taps! I also think it's beneficial the other way, and osp members have used this forum to gauge temperature, and also initially to gain votes onto the forum. 

Is voting compulsory then? 😉 

I like the references to 'South Stand taps' and 'gauge temperature'.

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I reckon we need someone from the women's team, a married couple and a couple of divorcees. But not a couple couple of divorcees...

If the club are selecting them as making up 50% of the OSP there is only one man for that job.