Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Everton

One down at Wolves and Calvert-Lewin off injured. I'm no great fan but he appeared to be the reason they had picked up. 

If they lose this game it looks like they may need a result at home to Bournemouth next week. Squeaky bum time. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

One down at Wolves and Calvert-Lewin off injured. I'm no great fan but he appeared to be the reason they had picked up. 

If they lose this game it looks like they may need a result at home to Bournemouth next week. Squeaky bum time. 

Bournemouth on the beach, perfect match for them next week. 

I’m keen for Leicester to get in the fight, but can’t really see them getting much out of Newcastle on Monday.  It does look like it’ll go down to the last weekend though.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I’m keen for Leicester to get in the fight, but can’t really see them getting much out of Newcastle on Monday.  It does look like it’ll go down to the last weekend though.

Ditto. I don't care about Smith any more. Leicester have given everyone hope and I'd love to see them survive. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You're probably right but we've seen their manager play and he's definitely someone who likes to win. I rarely bet on football and I definitely wouldn't bet on that game

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ditto. I don't care about Smith any more. Leicester have given everyone hope and I'd love to see them survive. 

I’ve everything crossed they don’t. A good hammering at Newcastle on Monday should finish them off before West Ham visit. 

I've got a vague memory of us playing a team who were on the beach on the last day of the season, when we only needed a win to survive... Fortunately I've managed to repress the result.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve everything crossed they don’t. A good hammering at Newcastle on Monday should finish them off before West Ham visit. 

West Ham will definitely put out a weakened team 

Love for Everton to get relegated but it looks current bottom three will go.  Leicester will not get any more points unfortunately.  If Leeds can win against Tottenham they might escape.  Whatever this season points deduction next will sink them.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I've got a vague memory of us playing a team who were on the beach on the last day of the season, when we only needed a win to survive... Fortunately I've managed to repress the result.

I've repressed it too. But if I ever lay eyes on Damien Francis again 😡

Actually, he was quite a big bloke so I'd probably just let his tyres down. 

• Haha 1

Leicester would massively benefit from Villa beating Liverpool and Utd Bournemouth as it stands as it would mean Newcastle would be guaranteed Champions League football before Monday night.

• Like 1

I was hoping Forest to show the world spending millions doesn’t help but clearly they’ve just about done enough to get through 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pete said:

Love for Everton to get relegated but it looks current bottom three will go.  Leicester will not get any more points unfortunately.  If Leeds can win against Tottenham they might escape.  Whatever this season points deduction next will sink them.

No idea why you would love to see Everton relegated, but in any case...if Burnley, Sheff Utd and either Luton or Coventry are replaced by say, Southampton, Leicester and Everton in our division next season then it will make it even harder to get our team anywhere near top 6, never mind top 2...which was going to be hard as it was with the current state of our squad.

24 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The Hans Segers smoothing of the palms will be in action again...

seems like it might have happened today. Big keeper error for their equaliser apparently...

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1-1 full time!

Everton goal 90+9

OTBC

Bum - 100th minute equaliser?! Don’t tell me they will be surviving again…

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If theyre still out of the bottom 3 come the last game, theyll beat bournemouth

The Hans Segers smoothing of the palms will be in action again...

Allegedly. You forgot to say allegedly. 

57 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I was hoping Forest to show the world spending millions doesn’t help but clearly they’ve just about done enough to get through 

Yeah me to but on the flip side I would assume they might be the club who bid silly money for Andrew O. If they stay up they may well come back for him. 

On the face of it there's been many poor teams in the PL this season but Southampton, Leicester and Leeds probably are the worst three.

24 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1-1 full time!

Everton goal 90+9

OTBC

Fantastic!!! I’m on the Pimm’s now so can’t keep up. 

I really hoped they'd go down this year. They've flattered to deceive for so many years. Sadly it's looking less likely now. 99th minute? Really. Was that because their players kept falling over? Looking forward to motd

31 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I really hoped they'd go down this year. They've flattered to deceive for so many years. Sadly it's looking less likely now. 99th minute? Really. Was that because their players kept falling over? Looking forward to motd

Or Millwall 4.3 or Forest 3.3. Late, late goals are great. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

What about that season maybe 35 years ago when Everton had won League and a long time after all games had been played they put out a weakened team and lost and we went down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Like  Blackpool were 'on the beach' v us. Urban myth I'm afraid

Just now, Myra Hawtree said:

What about that season maybe 35 years ago when Everton had won League and a long time after all games had been played they put out a weakened team and lost and we went down.

Quite correct, that said if we hadn’t gone in to free fall in the last few months then this conversation wouldn’t exist. 

3 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Like  Blackpool were 'on the beach' v us. Urban myth I'm afraid

Pete, let’s all get on the beach. Summer’s coming mate so get your favourite speedos on and party on down. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow