Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Fixtures out date

Thursday 22nd June, wouldn’t bother writing them on your calendar, once Sky get hold of them they’ll all change 

Assuming we're still in the Championship for the 24/25 season, at least we'll get more notice for fixture changes;

How much notice will be provided for the selection of live TV games?

• With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections.
  • The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ipswich away August 27th.

When we did play them regularly it was always one in late September and one in early April - this was dictated by the police in Norfolk and Suffolk and not by the EFL fixture computer. I can't see any reason why the cops would take a different view of things now.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

When we did play them regularly it was always one in late September and one in early April - this was dictated by the police in Norfolk and Suffolk and not by the EFL fixture computer. I can't see any reason why the cops would take a different view of things now.

I can't see what difference the month makes to the cops. We last played them in August in 2016/17 at their place.

Norwich vrs Wrexham

April 1st 2025

Norwich vrs Torquay

Nov5th 2026

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Norwich vrs Wrexham

April 1st 2025

Norwich vrs Torquay

Nov5th 2026

Pant wetters dream 

• Haha 1

Rather than start another thread (sorry Cambs) who do you want to come up from LI ?

Weds or P'Boro. Weds, Big away following plus good sized ground to visit. P'Boro the opposite though I don't think we have ever played then in the league at any stage. A few cup games.

Barnsley/Bolton. Northern monkeys.  Who will no doubt empty Morrisons of lard, and the bits of the animal southerners won't eat.

• Haha 1

Peterborough proximity makes it a possible destination for my limited away opportunities. But my best mate is a Wednesday fan so for me it’s a no brainer. 

10 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Peterborough proximity makes it a possible destination for my limited away opportunities. But my best mate is a Wednesday fan so for me it’s a no brainer. 

I think you mean game or fixture. Unfortunately, with the limited capacity tickets will be hard to get.

15 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I think you mean game or fixture. Unfortunately, with the limited capacity tickets will be hard to get.

That’s true, hadn’t thought of that. 

I like to use away trips as a bit of a trip as I don’t get the chance much, so without being too disrespectful to Peterborough, which I have enjoyed a pint or two in, it isn’t somewhere I’d really love to visit, just nice that it’s within a couple of hours on a train. 

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ipswich away August 27th.

Probably live on Sky at 12pm

20 hours ago, daly said:

Norwich vrs Wrexham

April 1st 2025

Norwich vrs Torquay

Nov5th 2026

Brilliant recovery from Torquay there - three successive promotions against our 2 successive relegations. What is the outcome of the East Ukrainian war by the way?

19 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Weds or P'Boro. Weds, Big away following plus good sized ground to visit. P'Boro the opposite though I don't think we have ever played then in the league at any stage. A few cup games.

The Wendys and the Tykes will meet at Wembley, with the Tykes getting the winner in the 3rd minute of 2nd half injury time! 

20 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Rather than start another thread (sorry Cambs) who do you want to come up from LI ?

Barnsley/Bolton. Northern monkeys.  Who will no doubt empty Morrisons of lard, and the bits of the animal southerners won't eat.

Yes, we've never played Posh in the League.

Came closest the year we slid down to League One in 2009 but they got promoted then went down after one season as we came up again. They've never lost a Play Off Final so if they can get past Sheff Wed I think we might be meeting them at long last.