dylanisabaddog

Your favourite films

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You haven't seen Easy Rider? My word.

I'm young. I haven't been where you've been and seen what you've seen. 

Adrian Dunbar - Hear My Song (another wonderful soundtrack) 

Especially for @sonyc😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Especially for @sonyc😂

Apologies. I don't know why but I assumed you were older.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apologies. I don't know why but I assumed you were older.

63. Feel like 83😂 I blame Stuart Webber

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Especially for @sonyc😂

I was born in peace time too.😊

I would add the music from Withnail & I... "Marwood Walks". It is beautiful and when you consider the bittersweet film in the fullest context it is intensely moving.

• Like 1

Does anybody else get a bit "Brenda From Bristol" when they hear there's a new Marvel etc film coming out?

13 hours ago, Herman said:

Does anybody else get a bit "Brenda From Bristol" when they hear there's a new Marvel etc film coming out?

Iron Man was OK. Other than that, they leave me numb

9 hours ago, Canary73 said:

I might need to swop a film out and put North by North West in. Can't leave that out.

I get those Cary Grant films muddled. Was that the crop sprayer or the one with the stamp on the letter? 

Anyway, we shouldn't be prescriptive so you can have as many as you like. There are posters on this thread who could probably list 100. I could get close to 10 just with Ealing comedies or Spielberg films. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I get those Cary Grant films muddled. Was that the crop sprayer or the one with the stamp on the letter? 

Anyway, we shouldn't be prescriptive so you can have as many as you like. There are posters on this thread who could probably list 100. I could get close to 10 just with Ealing comedies or Spielberg films. 

North by North West has the (non) crop spraying scene. As a character says: "Strange. That plane's spraying crops where they ain't no crops."  The one with the stamps on the letter is Charade, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

26 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

North by North West has the (non) crop spraying scene. As a character says: "Strange. That plane's spraying crops where they ain't no crops."  The one with the stamps on the letter is Charade, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

Thank you. Please keep your phone handy in case I forget anything else 😂

I like both those films but haven't seen Charade in probably 35 years! 

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thank you. Please keep your phone handy in case I forget anything else 😂

I like both those films but haven't seen Charade in probably 35 years! 

Fine, but bear in mind films I have never seen include Titanic, Withnail and I (no, really), any of these modern superhero/comic book character franchise offerings, and anything Tolkieny/hobbity, apart from the first Lord of the Rings effort, which almost literally had me eating the carpet at the Muswell Hill Odeon in stupefied boredom. People talk about hours of their life they will never get back...

• Haha 1

How did i miss out Withnail? Everett was superb in that and also in Another Country.

Some other great British films.

I might also mention. Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar and The League of Gentlemen.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

How did i miss out Withnail? Everett was superb in that and also in Another Country.

Some other great British films.

I might also mention. Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar and The League of Gentlemen.

I couldn't really get into Withnail. Some swear its the best but I just smiled now and again but that is it. But I loved Strangelove whereas others can't stand it.

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I couldn't really get into Withnail. Some swear its the best but I just smiled now and again but that is it. But I loved Strangelove whereas others can't stand it.

Strangelove is a good film, but I am not generally a Kubrick fan, and 2001 - and yes, I know it is regarded as a classic - bored me if anything more than the first Rings movie. And that is saying something...

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Strangelove is a good film, but I am not generally a Kubrick fan, and 2001 - and yes, I know it is regarded as a classic - bored me if anything more than the first Rings movie. And that is saying something...

2001 was significant in tha **** was really the first sci fi movie that looked real. Up until then, space travel and space vehicles had looked as bad as Bil and Ben.

On 19/05/2023 at 15:03, dylanisabaddog said:

I hope it's good. A rubbish indy film is still better than 80% of other films. I'll go see it whatever and if it's **** I'll just go home and watch raiders of the lost ark! 

John Williams last ever score before he retires as well. That man is a legend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I hope it's good. A rubbish indy film is still better than 80% of other films. I'll go see it whatever and if it's **** I'll just go home and watch raiders of the lost ark! 

John Williams last ever score before he retires as well. That man is a legend.

It would be good to know what you think of it. 

I'd no idea John Williams is retiring 😥

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It would be good to know what you think of it. 

I'd no idea John Williams is retiring 😥

John Barry was my favourite composer for movies.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

All that musical talent and he got to marry Jane Birkin. It's not fair 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

All that musical talent and he got to marry Jane Birkin. It's not fair 

And she left him for Je t'aime

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

A name you always seemed to see on film music from the fifties and sixties was Dimitri Tiomkin. Don't  really know anything  about him but lots of quite well known films, Giant, High Noon, The Alamo etc

Also wrote the theme tune to Rawhide.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2023 at 17:57, FenwayFrank said:

Phwoar!!

Really? Absolutely beautiful woman (& a lovely person too by all accounts) but zero on the Phwoarometer for me. Can't imagine her at it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Really? Absolutely beautiful woman (& a lovely person too by all accounts) but zero on the Phwoarometer for me. Can't imagine her at it.

100% phwoar, you do say she’s a beautiful woman, although I’m starting to think your definition of phwoar might be different to mine 

D16A4BE9-17AD-4C86-8DCD-0389ADEA5DA0.jpeg

Edited by FenwayFrank

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I'd put Grace Kelly in that definition too.

• Like 1

Tommy. Was reminded of it by the passing of Tina turner. Her version of the Acid queen was one of a couple of the re recorded songs that maybe matched the original. Has to be a contender for one of the oddest films I've ever seen! The concept of the original album was weird enough but the film took it to a new level!

• Like 1

As close to the top of the Phwoarometer as it gets for me. She could have done you some serious damage I reckon.

Sophia Loren (love the dress and shoes!)

• Like 1