Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep if I were him i'd opt for Arsenal so he can play most weeks. Kalvin Phillips is a good example of what may happen to him at Man City.

Not sure you can compare Rice and Phillips. Rice would be 1st choice with KDB and Rodri. Surprised City aren't using Phillips as a make weight 

On 21/06/2023 at 09:10, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh please don't.

Thanks! 
Not heard anything about this but if we are interested he sounds like he’s for our B team. The story looks otherwise a bit clickbaity (I don’t think we’re looking for a Toney replacement and if he were one that we saw doing that now, you should be looking at him scoring heavily next season!). 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aBee said:

Thanks! 
Not heard anything about this but if we are interested he sounds like he’s for our B team. The story looks otherwise a bit clickbaity (I don’t think we’re looking for a Toney replacement and if he were one that we saw doing that now, you should be looking at him scoring heavily next season!). 

You’re always welcome friend! I was listening to a BBC Monday night episode about Brentford, your DoF was on the show and talking about how you approached the promotion changing from 433 possession based football to more in-your-face action. Just common sense practices which we seemed to just forget. And I fear it’ll get harder to get promoted. So props to Brentford, won’t lie I’m somewhat jealous :  D

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Conrad said:

Haven't they just signed that chap from Chelsea as the Gundogan replacement? Rice would have to displace both Rodri and Phillips in the pecking order. He may get in ahead of Phillips, but not Rodri who (in my opinion) is a far better player.

Agreed; Kovacic is the direct replacement for Gundogan positionally. Rice is a different type of player and seems to hint that Guardiola's 3-2-4-1 experiment will be permanent as they're culling their full backs and going for a defensive midfielder. 

9 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep if I were him i'd opt for Arsenal so he can play most weeks. Kalvin Phillips is a good example of what may happen to him at Man City.

Ake and Grealish also struggled in their first season though, before becoming more important the year after. Both have commented that it takes a while to get fully immersed into Guardiola's way of thinking.

9 minutes ago, Top corner said:

It says that we have signed him & it will be official soon.

To be fair the pinkun journos have been saying it for a while 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Harry Winks to Leicester in a deal up to 10 million 

player who will be so good for a championship club 

Didnt pull up any trees whilst on loan. Remains whether he can recapture form and at £10m i'm assuming we were never interested.

6 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Didnt pull up any trees whilst on loan. Remains whether he can recapture form and at £10m i'm assuming we were never interested.

also after Conor Coady, 8million as well two very good championship signings 

Winks and Coady i think would walk into any teams in champs 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

also after Conor Coady, 8million as well two very good championship signings 

Winks and Coady i think would walk into any teams in champs 

Yep, its gonna be a very strong championship this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep, its gonna be a very strong championship this season.

The 3 Relegated clubs will be strong for sure ,the squads they have and money to buy replacements from players that leave ,

i feel we need to sell pretty fast and get some money in so we can get some targets before others sign them ,

Happy with the signings so far but need a CDM and Another striker  

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

The 3 Relegated clubs will be strong for sure ,the squads they have and money to buy replacements from players that leave ,

i feel we need to sell pretty fast and get some money in so we can get some targets before others sign them ,

Happy with the signings so far but need a CDM and Another striker  

A defensive midfielder? You know we don't sign those unless they are crooked!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A defensive midfielder? You know we don't sign those unless they are crooked!

i have visions of webber saying i am leaving on friday and announcing Hayden on a 5 year 50k a week contract on thursday ! 

20 hours ago, Top corner said:

It says that we have signed him & it will be official soon.

From the blokes instagram

IMG_1187.png

IMG_1188.png

Edited by Payno10

1 hour ago, Payno10 said:

From the blokes instagram

IMG_1187.png

IMG_1188.png

Perfect chance to reveal a player signing and a new kit at the same time. Go on, have him announced wearing our new home kit

We ever had that happen before? My mind is going blank

All feels pretty quiet at the moment. Guess this is the bit of the window where we’ve done our freebies and now need sales to generate funds for transfer fees ?

33 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

This forum is full of people who have fetishes about kits and their launch. 

To be fair there isn’t a lot else to talk about in the close-season - there’s probably 3-4 main topics: transfers (a bit quiet at the moment), fixtures (pre-season or otherwise), shares/investment (slow) and kit.