Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Omo off to Palace, or so the Pinkun says. Not sure he will make the money Godfrey or Maddison made. But who knows, him and Max could pull in £35m. Mind you we are not the only ones. I rememeber talking to a binner who said they had a cracking youngster, who would go on to be a PL player. He was right...............only thing is we've got him now 😁

10 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Omo off to Palace, or so the Pinkun says. Not sure he will make the money Godfrey or Maddison made. But who knows, him and Max could pull in £35m. Mind you we are not the only ones. I rememeber talking to a binner who said they had a cracking youngster, who would go on to be a PL player. He was right...............only thing is we've got him now 😁

Big day for the outgoing rumours. I do often think rumours like these come out as things start to move around players, almost as a way for us to get the best possible prices. But maybe that's the cynic in me. 

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Big day for the outgoing rumours. I do often think rumours like these come out as things start to move around players, almost as a way for us to get the best possible prices. But maybe that's the cynic in me. 

And obviously everyone is back from holiday and the agents are on the phone to the press trying to drum up interest in their clients. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh please don't.

Don’t be mean, he’s probably more ITK about the transfer than anyone our side - Kamara was viewed as a hot talent too here I thought and I’m a little perturbed by the rumours so want to see if there’s an ounce of truth in them 

• Like 1

Sell Omo. He seems to be hot property nowadays. He is one hell of a prospect, despite some of the predictable critics of this (very) young colossus. 

We'll get the fabled £25m if there is are a few PL clubs enthused by what he has to offer.

Not Kamara though. Far too soon. If he's exciting a PL side already then he could well blossom next season. One way or another we need a.n. other striker in contention otherwise we are thin on the goal-scoring front.

If these Brazilians come off, fingers crossed, as such signings are exciting if nothing else, then Webber can leave for Leeds with his reputation somewhat enhanced.

Blonde No. 1. "I had a Brazilian last night."

Blonde No, 2. "A Brazilian, gosh! How many is that?"

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sell Omo. He seems to be hot property nowadays. He is one hell of a prospect, despite some of the predictable critics of this (very) young colossus. 

We'll get the fabled £25m if there is are a few PL clubs enthused by what he has to offer.

Not Kamara though. Far too soon. If he's exciting a PL side already then he could well blossom next season. One way or another we need a.n. other striker in contention otherwise we are thin on the goal-scoring front.

If these Brazilians come off, fingers crossed, as such signings are exciting if nothing else, then Webber can leave for Leeds with his reputation somewhat enhanced.

Blonde No. 1. "I had a Brazilian last night."

Blonde No, 2. "A Brazilian, gosh! How many is that?"

Honestly do feel that if Omo goes he will end up much more like Lewis than Godfrey or Buendia. I just don't think he's ready for such a step up.

And how many cleen sheets did he keep in his last ten for us? Honestly feel he should be off on loan for a season if anything

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly do feel that if Omo goes he will end up much more like Lewis than Godfrey or Buendia. I just don't think he's ready for such a step up.

And how many cleen sheets did he keep in his last ten for us? Honestly feel he should be off on loan for a season if anything

May be.

The boy seems more regarded in high places than in Cambridgeshire.

We need the dosh in any case.

The Kamara article says "His current contract at Carrow Road expires this month with the Bees eyeing up a move for the striker"

He signed a contract until 2025 last year though.

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I blame there being only him to defend the goal. It was a foolish decision. We should have one of the ghoulies people, and maybe some other defenders. And are players worth how well their team played ? If so, what price Maddison ?

Apparently an English club have offered 1.5-2 million for Nathan (believed to be us) Sau Paulo after a little bit more.

I wonder if we might end up selling Mumba this summer ? Not sure I can see him playing unless he is used further forward 

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Apparently an English club have offered 1.5-2 million for Nathan (believed to be us) Sau Paulo after a little bit more.

I wonder if we might end up selling Mumba this summer ? Not sure I can see him playing unless he is used further forward 

Either that or we’re going to play him further forward as some have suggested 

Pink Un transfer window update.

Some new lines; Ryan Fraser not happening because of wage demands, Ogbenne (from Rotherham) Norwich have decided against. Tom Ince off to Watford. Max Johnston off elsewhere. Redmond never an interest. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Thanks 1

Pretty glad Fraser not happening. From what I heard sounded like we will be hitting up South America again as soon as we get some cash from sales ?!

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Some new lines; Ryan Fraser not happening because of wage demands, Ogbenne (from Rotherham) Norwich have decided against. Tom Ince off to Watford. Max Johnston off elsewhere. Redmond never an interest. 

Not signing Fraser feels like a rather big failure. Did feel he had it in him to tear apart the Championship. Knowing our luck he's gonna end up signing for Leeds and will score against us this season.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Pretty glad Fraser not happening. From what I heard sounded like we will be hitting up South America again as soon as we get some cash from sales ?!

Transfer payments are usually staggered over three years. I would suggest both Aarons and Rashida are both off, so there is a certainty of around £15m. We can draw against that

34 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Familiar feeling of not having enough pennies to nail down targets at the top end of our lists.

Down the list we retreat.

• Like 2

I wonder what Brentford have seen in Kamara? I thought he looked pretty crap in those substitute appearances towards the end of last season. All he did was keep barging into people. He's another one who needs a loan so we can really see if he has a future here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Familiar feeling of not having enough pennies to nail down targets at the top end of our lists.

Feels more to do with value for money than lack of money. I doubt few would disagree that paying Frasers' considerable wage over signing a player permanently is a sensible option. 

11 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

REEKS of the Ajer transfer.. Missed out on one solid player to end up signing Kabak instead and well we all know what happened there with him

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yes, we’ve only signed more players than anyone else, so that must be it.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

REEKS of the Ajer transfer..

Utter rubbish.

It’s far more likely that there are better value players out there equally as good and who don’t come with baggage or an enhanced opinion of their worth to us.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

We've done ok on the freebies that were available, now need to supplement that. If we think Mosquito could make a real difference here then another £1m on the transfer fee shouldn't be a deterent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We've done ok on the freebies that were available, now need to supplement that. If we think Mosquito could make a real difference here then another £1m on the transfer fee shouldn't be a deterent. 

Be a real buzz around the place if we sign Mosquito..

• Haha 1

Considering that it transpired Fraser seemed to have a second-hand set of hamstrings from Lukas Rupp, I don't see it as much of a loss. If we're going to be paying good wages, they need to be on the pitch.

• Like 2