Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

28 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

If memory serves he was at Swindon and was constantly hitting on my niece (sure it was him). If he ends up with us, I'll be having words with her!

Hitting someone is assault. Probably only ABH, but still a criminal offence,

The early signings suggest the club were preparing well in advance. Work out what is needed, who is certain to leave and who is likely to be 'surplus to requirements'. The latter not being so easy to shift. One thing, we won't have spindly chaps like Gilmour being bullied so much this season. Put Tzolis up front with Barnes and we will see goals. Too many times last season we had players playing out of place.. Needs must, but I think this time we are going to start with players in the right place. Sorensen in the middle. OMO (gone) . Kenny further forward. idah left back (in the changing room). If Giannoulis leaves then another solid (hefty) left back, as  McCallum is not a natural defender, nor is Mumba.  A good solid month (preseason) should see them raring to go, come August.

22 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Put Tzolis up front with Barnes and we will see goals. Too many times last season we had players playing out of place.

I mean you can't really say play Tzolis up front (no evidence he'd do well there) and then say we play too many players out of place. 

Lots of good points in your post otherwise, particularly agree with Kenny further forward.

What Tzolis wants and what Tzolis gets might be two very different things! His goal against Birmingham hints of quality but it's well hidden most of the time. I can't see there being much interest in him and not at the price we'll undoubtedly want. Hopefully he'll come good for us this season.

If Sainz signs then hopefully that will end our rumoured interest in Fraser and Ince. Give our younger players space to develop.

3 hours ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

He also wasn't paying much attention if he preferred PAOKs 433 to our 442. We started more than half our games in 433 last season, think we started with a 442 once or twice. Maybe someone should also tell him Akpom was playing as a 10 and that's not a position you'll see in a 433.

Since Wagner came in he played 2 up front pretty much at any given opportunity, granted that sometimes looked like a 4231 with one of them dropping deep but out of possession it was much like a 442.

I think it's right to say Tzolis has been used incorrectly, when he plays it's like he's told to do as Onel does, this is despite them being different players. Lots on here have raised the idea of Tzolis playing up front or maybe at no10, I think that shows that most people understand his skill set not to be one of a traditional winger. That doesn't mean he can't start out wide, but it does mean we have to find a way to get him into good positions to contribute. It's interesting he mentions Akpom as that shows he wants to be a player who comes inside and scores/assists instead of being on the touchline having to take men on. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, repman said:

Since Wagner came in he played 2 up front pretty much at any given opportunity, granted that sometimes looked like a 4231 with one of them dropping deep but out of possession it was much like a 442.

I think it's right to say Tzolis has been used incorrectly, when he plays it's like he's told to do as Onel does, this is despite them being different players. Lots on here have raised the idea of Tzolis playing up front or maybe at no10, I think that shows that most people understand his skill set not to be one of a traditional winger. That doesn't mean he can't start out wide, but it does mean we have to find a way to get him into good positions to contribute. It's interesting he mentions Akpom as that shows he wants to be a player who comes inside and scores/assists instead of being on the touchline having to take men on. 

As you say, Tzolis is not in a good position. We're not going to sell him because we'd have to take a big loss, but we're unlikely to play him and if we do it will be as a traditional winger, which is not his skill set. He must regret coming to Norwich as much as many of our supporters regret him coming here. It's been yet another disaster of two years of unmitigated disaster, which looks pretty certain IMO to become three years.

• Like 2

I see krystian bielik is available from derby for c£1m, 25, covers cdm or cb and has a season back under his belt from a knee injury, prior to which he was an impressive champs player. 

8 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I see krystian bielik is available from derby for c£1m, 25, covers cdm or cb and has a season back under his belt from a knee injury, prior to which he was an impressive champs player. 

Surely we dont need to focus our transfer strategy around a CDM..

Ince being headed off to Watford will please some on here. I imagine he was one of several on the list of possibles for us and if we are closing on Sainz that’s no big deal. But the idea he wouldn’t have been any good for us appears possibly misplaced if he’s going to a rival.

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Tom Ince on the move..... to WATFORD!

Thank the lord! 

Pinkun reporting what's been said in the Telegraph, so must be true.

A few on here think he's destined for Roma.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Pinkun reporting what's been said in the Telegraph, so must be true.

A few on here think he's destined for Roma.

By the sound of the crowd at Hampden he could be off north of the border

I can hear them crying out

Macks, we want macks

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Add an extra 5 million maybe..

You aren't going to get £15m for a player from a mid-table champ side in the last year of his contract.

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You aren't going to get £15m for a player from a mid-table champ side in the last year of his contract.

Think you might with a range of add-ons. Would be handy if we can spark a few more clubs interest in him too. 

17 minutes ago, Big O said:

Think you might with a range of add-ons. Would be handy if we can spark a few more clubs interest in him too. 

I suspect an England U 21 with a good ten years ahead of him, good little runner, one careful owner and no breakdowns will attract a good bit of interest.

• Like 2

Just now, RobJames said:

I suspect an England U 21 with a good ten years ahead of him, good little runner, one careful owner and no breakdowns will attract a good bit of interest.

Nah.

I would think terminally yellow is not convinced by these counter - arguments. Or he is his agent and just signed him for Fulham 

37 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Depends on the quality of the player, £10-15m is about right 

he’s off to Roma or so I’ve been reliable informed 

I suspect he lives a good few miles closer to Fulham than any of us - about 45 mile closer.

Edited by RobJames

2 minutes ago, Big O said:

I would think terminally yellow is not convinced by these counter - arguments. Or he is his agent and just signed him for Fulham 

Nah.