Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Webber out

14 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The owners and Webber, yeah 

Webbers falling in my estimation, but look at what has to happen every year.

We sell Our best players, pray for a few bargains to get us up.
We get up, spend £750k first time round and a few £mil on some loans.

Go back down, sell more players and hope the loan and the previous bunch get us up, they do! 

Sell our best player and try and sign some players (still under the double figures bracket)and most likely because they are the only ones who are in our wage budget (which is basically whatever sky pay us that year).

We go back down and basically get rid of all the signings, keep the rest with the losing mentality and an aging Pukki who had blatantly wanted to go before the contract extension. We do actually add in a very good Brazilian player (who won’t be with us next season.)

Now here we are, we will be pleading poverty again all Summer, selling players well under what we used to value them at and left with a mix of youth and players with the losing mentality. Webber gets this wrong (with the pittance he will be handed to replace them) and we are in the doo doo.

• Like 1

Just now, S_81 said:

I can’t see it coming until we head back into a Championship relegation battle. 

Everyone is quick to forget how bad things got when chase got “chased” out of the club. I don’t understand why Delia and Michael are so hell bent on tarnishing their legacy because they’ve jumped in bed with the Webbers. 

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

They go hand in hand now. Once someone gets in their ear you basically have to murder a baby to get the sack. 

It’s them that need the sack

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Webbers falling in my estimation, but look at what has to happen every year.

We sell Our best players, pray for a few bargains to get us up.
We get up, spend £750k first time round and a few £mil on some loans.

Go back down, sell more players and hope the loan and the previous bunch get us up, they do! 

Sell our best player and try and sign some players (still under the double figures bracket)and most likely because they are the only ones who are in our wage budget (which is basically whatever sky pay us that year).

We go back down and basically get rid of all the signings, keep the rest with the losing mentality and an aging Pukki who had blatantly wanted to go before the contract extension. We do actually add in a very good Brazilian player (who won’t be with us next season.)

Now here we are, we will be pleading poverty again all Summer, selling players well under what we used to value them at and left with a mix of youth and players with the losing mentality. Webber gets this wrong (with the pittance he will be handed to replace them) and we are in the doo doo.

We are already in the doo doo. This side next season will be battling relegation 

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The fans aren’t willing to do what’s required to protest - including leaving seats empty. And this shower in charge know it. 

Like I said in another thread. This club was better when 13000 or 17000 were watching when we were top end of the top league. Too many fans are happy to say to their mates that they watch us. They don't really hurt like most of us do when we lose. This was a working mans sport. You had naff all but your football team. The middleclass and intellectuals have now taken the game as theirs. I have no problem with people enjoying our club and participating, but redefining what my grandfather and father worked hard all week for to watch and cherish is hard to take. It seems you can't let off steam with emotions, without someone moaning that you shouldn't be frustrated by your beloved club has performed badly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think Nutty’s in his 80’s so fair enough. Hoggy is the epitome of the happy clapper brigade, no hope for the lad. 

The club needs modernising, I’m sure deep down everyone can see it

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

We are already in the doo doo. This side next season will be battling relegation 

Not disputing that at all, my point is, every year, our league two owners are holding us back

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

The club needs modernising, I’m sure deep down everyone can see it

This is NCFC, let the takeover drag on for another year just for the sake of it. 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Who watches the watchmen as the saying goes. 

The fans will turn soon, another year of this tripe and it’s going to get nasty

• Thanks 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

This is NCFC, let the takeover drag on for another year just for the sake of it. 

Need to see if he is “trustworthy” which is quite ironic on how are owners are playing it

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It would be done by now if you know who was genuinely receptive to control changing hands. 

Yes. There comes a time where a change is needed. Its not a reflection on any previous achievements but a knowledge that the cliche, I've taken the club as far as I can, is accurate.

We look stale. No real idea. Thinking because we spent a few bob on some unknowns, we had joined the roster of big clubs. But we were better when we had no money but a good coach.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Fixed it for you

The sad thing is the main protagonists on here who love this current regime would love that predicament. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It would be done by now if you know who was genuinely receptive to control changing hands. 

We need a full takeover not a painfully slow changing of the guard

26 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have been for a good decade, people on here still love em though. 

Whoever do you mean ?

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes. There comes a time where a change is needed. Its not a reflection on any previous achievements but a knowledge that the cliche, I've taken the club as far as I can, is accurate.

We look stale. No real idea. Thinking because we spent a few bob on some unknowns, we had joined the roster of big clubs. But we were better when we had no money but a good coach.

I am not convinced by Wagner yet. I do still think there is a team in this squad somewhere, that could have finished top 6 at the least, with the right man in charge. 

It all still feels like we threw the baby out with the bath water when Farke was sacked. 

Shouldn’t the spotlight be on the scouts - blame Webber if you must but surely he acts upon the suggestions from the scouts. 

43 minutes ago, graz said:

Not sure he's even the problem tbh. Two managers in a row struggling to piece this squad together.

I’m so confused by this comment. 

He hired both managers.
He oversaw the recruitment.

Three different managers can’t get these players playing a tune since our last promotion.

He carries the can for the last two years as much as he owns the success prior. You’re only as good as your last performance and we’ve been underperforming for 2 seasons.

He owns the situation regardless of what happens next he still owns it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sneider2 said:

Shouldn’t the spotlight be on the scouts - blame Webber if you must but surely he acts upon the suggestions from the scouts. 

No 

35 minutes ago, Sneider2 said:

Hello Zoe, how's your husband after that shït show?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unthink road said:

Like I said in another thread. This club was better when 13000 or 17000 were watching when we were top end of the top league. Too many fans are happy to say to their mates that they watch us. They don't really hurt like most of us do when we lose. This was a working mans sport. You had naff all but your football team. The middleclass and intellectuals have now taken the game as theirs. I have no problem with people enjoying our club and participating, but redefining what my grandfather and father worked hard all week for to watch and cherish is hard to take. It seems you can't let off steam with emotions, without someone moaning that you shouldn't be frustrated by your beloved club has performed badly. 

Rubbish, from start to finish, rubbish. "I'm special, not like the rest of you, I care". Rubbish.

(I'm a little ashamed that I've even bothered to respond to this).

Edited by All the Germans

9 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Rubbish, from start to finish, rubbish. "I'm special, not like the rest of you, I care". Rubbish.

(I'm a little ashamed that I've even bothered to respond to this).

Well you did. Stuck a nerve did I plastic boy. 

If fans are serious the boycot Blackpool game. 
The empty seats my worry them but they will have out money. Just the same as next season. 

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Nice talking to you but your break is over, back to the mines.

I'll carry on mining, whilst you play Minecraft in your boxroom boy.