Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Dire home form

Our home form this season has been pretty dire this season - and that’s three games on the spin without scoring.  At least we looked like we might manage it today, after the feeble efforts against Sheff U and Sunderland, but it has got to improve.  There’s not much point in winning at Millwall and Blackburn if you follow it with drab showings at home.

Just now, Myra Hawtree said:

Absolutely miserable at home this season. No goals again.  No excitement for fans at all.

And it’s all our fault

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

And it’s all our fault

Smith is about to set the Leicester fans right too 😅

Opposition Teams watch our home games, play the high press , mark man to man and park the bus when needed - then try to grab the odd goal on the break - fact is its too easy to block us out at home and until we get proper replacements for Emi, Skipp and now Pukki the home misery will continue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Smith is about to set the Leicester fans right too 😅

I saw that

never seen a whole football club commit seppuku before so should be interesting to watch.

We created enough chances to win today too.

However,  those who thought losing McLean and Hanley would be a good thing look pretty stupid already. We really missed McLean being able to play those diagonals and open up a bit of space with a resolute Rotherham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

However,  those who thought losing McLean and Hanley would be a good thing look pretty stupid already. We really missed McLean being able to play those diagonals and open up a bit of space with a resolute Rotherham.

Every single diagonal went sailing out of play. Was depressing to watch. Kenny does a lot right and is massively underappreciated at the best of times. Like Jordan Henderson for England/Liverpool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AJ said:

Every single diagonal went sailing out of play. Was depressing to watch. Kenny does a lot right and is massively underappreciated at the best of times. Like Jordan Henderson for England/Liverpool

Yeah Sorensen tried but doesn't have it in his locker.

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We’ve drawn/lost these type of games with Mclean and Hanley all season! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We created some chances, but far too few were on target and we didn’t make the keeper work hard at all for his clean sheet.  It’s just one in a long line of below-par performances.

Even the drummer appeared to give up for the second half - I guess he didn’t think the players needed any encouragement as they were doing such a a good job…

Edited by Branston Pickle
Sp

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Disagree, he should have been in midfield where he had just had a very good game v Blackburn. It’s not his fault that every time we have an injury the poor guy has to fill the void. I bet he would love to have a game in one position, midfield for a good run. DW should have blooded Warner today and kept the shape from Friday. Poor team selection cost us today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dont think I heard anyone at the ground say 'we really miss McLean' ,today...he's been part of plenty of home performances like that this season

Dowell on the other hand is certaintly a player missed in games like today and Sunderland

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Lol. Yeah, it was a lack of McLean that stopped us winning today. Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol. Yeah, it was a lack of McLean that stopped us winning today. Jesus.

Not what I said. But I like the fact you've resorted to making things up.

My point was directed at those who said we would look considerably better without him in the team. We don't.

25 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Disagree, he should have been in midfield where he had just had a very good game v Blackburn. It’s not his fault that every time we have an injury the poor guy has to fill the void. I bet he would love to have a game in one position, midfield for a good run. DW should have blooded Warner today and kept the shape from Friday. Poor team selection cost us today.

I didnt say he had a poor game, I just said he couldn't spread play with diagonals or long balls. He had a 0% success rate with long passes today. 

Feared the worst at kick off playing Sorensen in defence and pushing Gibbs back. Presume Byram wasn’t fit enough to start. Can only hope next game we get another centre back in. The Sorensen and Sara centre midfield looked good.

It was a **** performance in terms of attacking. Thought we were solid at the back but never really used that as a platform to push forward.

Marquinhos woeful, Sargent WTF, Pukki misses a sitter, Idah one touch too many, Tzolis use less,   Hernandez treading treacle.

= Norwich 0 

7 minutes ago, jonnyace1 said:

Feared the worst at kick off playing Sorensen in defence and pushing Gibbs back. Presume Byram wasn’t fit enough to start. Can only hope next game we get another centre back in. The Sorensen and Sara centre midfield looked good.

Yep, bizarre that Wagner broke that up. Sorenson didn't do a bad job at CB but it was such a dense move shifting from something that worked brilliantly only days ago, even if it meant risking Byram or a youth CB.

Presumably with Byram a sub he'd have been on if Sorenson or Omo got injured minute 1.

He completely ****ed up today and has done plenty of times in his tenure.

Even the drummer gave up today!

Laughable. 

I wonder if actually the whole "atmosphere" revival thing going on is actually having an adverse effect. and putting too much pressure on players and the team?

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't say we're dire, we just didn't take our chances.  Felt that we neutralised Rotherham throughout the match whilst creating enough chances to walk away as 2-3 goal winners.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Fair enough re. Kenny and his passing, but the problem today was in the final third not in defence or the middle.

One player we certainly didn't miss was Hanley. Our defence today was confident on the ball and in beating the press, never gave their strikers a real sniff of beating Gunn especially in the air.

Hoggy, it's all about opinions, but in my opinion we've made positive progress at last with the defence, now to get the strikers scoring.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yep, Zimbo and Godfrey had it, Lungi can pull that off as the second goal against Blackburn demonstrated, he just can't do it enough. The paradox there is if he's playing centre-half, he could use a Trybull as an outlet.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Wouldn't say we're dire, we just didn't take our chances.  Felt that we neutralised Rotherham throughout the match whilst creating enough chances to walk away as 2-3 goal winners.

It’s not untrue that we created enough to easily win, but that is no goals and one point from our most recent three home games - and I believe just four wins in our last 16 - which is pretty dire. We definitely need to get our ‘home mojo’ back.

I believe Pukki hasn’t scored in 11 games now, and not at home since September - kind of says it all.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s not untrue that we created enough to easily win, but that is no goals and one point from our most recent three home games, which is pretty dire. We definitely need to get our ‘home mojo’ back

We do indeed.  And if we continue to keep clean sheets and create chances you'd hope for a positive outcome between now and season end.