Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Predict Pukkis next club

I suspect wherever he's going he's been in touch since last summer, and I suspect it won't be Finland just yet. I would find it very interesting if he does link back to with Farke. 

On 06/04/2023 at 12:38, Leedscanary said:

Hate to say this but I think he’ll get a 2 year contract at Leeds

I've just read that they consider a 25 yo. Moroccan international striker (Ryan Mmaee) from Ferencváros.

I just hope it's not one of the relegated teams. I'd hate to see him lining up against us next year for Southampton or Leeds or someone. I hope he gets a move abroad to a top Turkish/Portuguese or Dutch club or something which would suit him. A top side in a weaker league that isn't very physical and for an attacking team he would absolutely bang them in still. Top Turkish clubs seem to have been chasing him for a while according to rumors and I think that would be a good fit for him. I could see him going to Fenerbahçe or Beşiktaş

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

If he was moving abroad, would he have not agreed to sign a pre contract in Jan?

Some of the clubs mentioned on here, second / third rate European clubs, won’t offer as much as top end champs and EPL clubs. If he’s after one last pay check, staying in England might just be his best bet. He probably still gets another pay check in the MLS or somewhere similar, in 2 years when he’s actually ready to retire.

Lining up against Norwich would tarnish it a bit for me. I really hope that never happens. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

On 06/04/2023 at 11:40, Satriales said:

Some of the comments on this tweet are hilarious! Championship clubs like Brum thinking they should sign him. Think it was a Sunderland fan who said he would be good backup haha. Unless its an EPL side who comes in, absolutely no chance Pukki will stay in the UK.

Yeh that's mostly reality by-pass stuff. Daft thing is though, in a parallel universe, Teemu could quite possibly have had Sunderland promoted already this season. Ironically, he would've loved playing in front of Pritch with Roberts coming in from his right, both sliding cute balls through to him in front of goal - the pair of them have been outstanding, worth a watch every time they're on screen.

22 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Yeh that's mostly reality by-pass stuff. Daft thing is though, in a parallel universe, Teemu could quite possibly have had Sunderland promoted already this season. Ironically, he would've loved playing in front of Pritch with Roberts coming in from his right, both sliding cute balls through to him in front of goal - the pair of them have been outstanding, worth a watch every time they're on screen.

How was Jack Clarke was missed by our scouts when they were chasing Rashica and Tzolis 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

How was Jack Clarke was missed by our scouts when they were chasing Rashica and Tzolis 

Because he's not off in a distant land and could be lauded as another Gem plucked out of nowhere 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/04/2023 at 09:58, lake district canary said:

HJK Helsinki

That. At 33 he'd probably be happy with less pressure at club level, while still wanting to keep fit and eligible for his Finland duties.  With HJK he could press for the title again and also look forward to playing European football. (Last season HJK's EL group included Roma and Betis).  I don't how that would work out for him financially, but professionally and in terms of extending his career it seems to be the best option. 

On 06/04/2023 at 19:01, Mr Angry said:

Don’t care where he goes as long as it’s not Ipswich.

More chance of him managing Watford.  Then again, almost everyone will get a turn at that eventually.

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Doubt they were unaware of him. Sunderland took a January punt on a loan player who had had a serious injury at the end of the 20-21 season before buying for an undisclosed last summer. If only we'd take chances like that 😇

• Haha 2

Pre game I spoke to a member of the back room staff he has 2 options most likely he is off to MLS but an outside chance of him getting together with an ex norwich manager currently managing in Germany 

On 06/04/2023 at 09:35, Branston Pickle said:

I do find it hard to believe that a current PL side would take him, but Europe (or the Sates) seems plausible. 

A couple of PL sides wanted him last summer, so not that difficult to imagine a PL coach or two could imagine what he might achieve if he wasn’t hamstrung by our pathetic endeavours this season and last.

24 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

A couple of PL sides wanted him last summer, so not that difficult to imagine a PL coach or two could imagine what he might achieve if he wasn’t hamstrung by our pathetic endeavours this season and last.

Last season was last season. Anyone from the PL scouting him since Christmas would be wondering very strongly whether he’s worth the punt.  I guess we’ll see - tbh I couldn’t really give a stuff where he ends up.