Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

It's Official.....Wagner Likes The Drum.

I think we should move it to just behind the away bench, then! 

Hope it was a good night, can't believe how quick it's come around, I was hoping to go when I read the announcement. :classic_sad:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Probably because he's experienced our fans without the drum and it's been f*cking awful this season! Those against the drum = against our fans making some noise, basically. Review it at the end of the season, but if for some reason it's all that works this season then utilise it!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Probably because he's experienced our fans without the drum and it's been f*cking awful this season! Those against the drum = against our fans making some noise, basically. Review it at the end of the season, but if for some reason it's all that works this season then utilise it!

Er, no.  I’m not a fan of the drum, would much prefer some excitement in the pitch - that generates a decent atmosphere and the drum is then entirely unnecessary. It’s self perpetuating.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Er, no.  I’m not a fan of the drum, would much prefer some excitement in the pitch - that generates a decent atmosphere and the drum is then entirely unnecessary. It’s self perpetuating.

Let's get some asian ladies to deepthroat hotdogs at half time

😉

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Thats great. Shame the fans haven't generated a decent atmosphere purely from good play on the pitch more than once this entire season. Yet with the drum we've had good support from the pitch that has helped towards good performances.

That's the difference you see. It's harder for players to perform in poor, silent atmospheres as our last home game displayed without the drum. And it's something players have commented on a million times and on top of that, our current squad are massive supporters of the drum.

Almost as if..

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Thats great. Shame the fans haven't generated a decent atmosphere purely from good play on the pitch more than once this entire season. Yet with the drum we've had good support from the pitch that has helped towards good performances.

That's the difference you see. It's harder for players to perform in poor, silent atmospheres as our last home game displayed without the drum. And it's something players have commented on a million times and on top of that, our current squad are massive supporters of the drum.

Almost as if..

It’s as though all the dropped points and ****ty home form are our fault…and all we needed all along was a drum.  It is an interesting idea.

Also rather interesting how we managed two titles in three years without, and our supporters were considered to be good.

Atmosphere is important but the point is that it isn’t anything to do with having a drum. It’s confidence, performances, having something to back. The atmosphere v Sunderland, on the back of a reasonable run, was great…until the players didn’t turn up.  It is almost becoming an excuse for some sort of laziness/entitlement on the part of both supporters and players and to me it’s pretty feeble to pin it on having a drum.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Thanks 1

Id absolutely  hate being stood anywhere near a drum . But then i dont find ' only fools and horses' particularly funny ...and it was a very successful, long lived series..... an electronic yes/ no voting button on entry for those who attend would gauge the actual opinion of the entire crowd.  The main problem i can see with this is that it will be hard to judge how Ethics' great great great grandchildren will feel when they inherit his season ticket.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s as though all the dropped points and ****ty home form are our fault…and all we needed all along was a drum.  It is an interesting idea.

Also rather interesting how we managed two titles in three years without, and our supporters were considered to be good.

Atmosphere is important but the point is that it isn’t anything to do with having a drum. It’s confidence, performances, having something to back. The atmosphere v Sunderland, on the back of a reasonable run, was great…until the players didn’t turn up.  It is almost becoming an excuse for some sort of laziness/entitlement on the part of both supporters and players and to me it’s pretty feeble to pin it on having a drum.

Normally I'd agree but this season it is a simple fact that the atmosphere has been better with the drum than without it. That's applied across both Smith and Wagner's time. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id absolutely  hate being stood anywhere near a drum . But then i dont find ' only fools and horses' particularly funny ...and it was a very successful, long lived series..... an electronic yes/ no voting button on entry for those who attend would gauge the actual opinion of the entire crowd.  The main problem i can see with this is that it will be hard to judge how Ethics' great great great grandchildren will feel when they inherit his season ticket.

Wait a minute... there are people who dont find fools and horses funny? I didn't think that was possible, learn something new everyday.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Wait a minute... there are people who dont find fools and horses funny? I didn't think that was possible, learn something new everyday.

Everyday's a Schoolday!!!

Chicken and egg isn't it. In an ideal world you shouldn't need a drum, or the players performing well in order to create an atmosphere, but for some reason it has been very flat this season. The fact is the atmosphere does seem better when the drummer is there.

We need to go with it in my opinion until such time Carrow Rd becomes a happy place again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'd have to agree with that. I hate the drum but have to admit it's like a graveyard without it. 

It was never consistently good but since Covid it has been consistently bad. I'm not convinced that's solely down to performances on the pitch but I've no idea what else it could be. Other than the fact that Carrow Road has been a closed shop for a long time and we're all just getting old. 

Incidentally, if any of you that hate the drum have ever thought of watching local football, for goodness sake avoid Gorleston matches. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm not convinced that's solely down to performances on the pitch but I've no idea what else it could be

Surely it's down to the same ambivalence you see on here about whether we even want promotion. A lot of people going through the motions of going to games because they always have, while at the same time struggling to see the point of it all

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Normally I'd agree but this season it is a simple fact that the atmosphere has been better with the drum than without it. That's applied across both Smith and Wagner's time. 

".... but this season it is a simple fact that some fans have been determined not to support the manager..."

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Surely it's down to the same ambivalence you see on here about whether we even want promotion. A lot of people going through the motions of going to games because they always have, while at the same time struggling to see the point of it all

You just described me. Perhaps it is my fault. I want to win every game but don't want the prize. 

1 minute ago, NewNestCarrow said:

".... but this season it is a simple fact that some fans have been determined not to support the manager..."

Fixed it for you.

That's a possibility. Daniel was very popular and his dismissal upset a lot of people. 

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The question was asked at the NCFSC Forum tonight and it got his stamp of approval.

What did you think of him in general? 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That's a possibility. Daniel was very popular and his dismissal upset a lot of people. 

I support Norwich City Football Club.

If one's support is conditional on the presence of a single individual then maybe football isn't the hobby for you. 

During Farke’s two Championship winning seasons there was no need for the drum because the team was performing, would be the same this season if it was.

5 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

I support Norwich City Football Club.

If one's support is conditional on the presence of a single individual then maybe football isn't the hobby for you. 

After 55 years and about 1,400 games I think I'm pretty much hooked. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

After 55 years and about 1,400 games I think I'm pretty much hooked. 

Which is why I deliberately used the impersonal pronoun.

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

During Farke’s two Championship winning seasons there was no need for the drum because the team was performing, would be the same this season if it was.

I think we're pretty lucky as a club to have experienced so many promotion seasons. In my time I think it's 9 promotions to the top division. 8 if you discount the one where we couldn't go. (There can't possibly have been a good atmosphere unless you enjoyed the crowd noise piped into your stream)

So let's say 8 in 56 years. If we need a promotion to generate an atmosphere then 6 years out of every 7 the atmosphere must have been rubbish. It hasn't been. It's a new phenomenon. Not sure why but it could be because of the amount of promotions we have achieved in recent seasons. Perhaps there's an expectation instead of a hope especially as supporters missed the last promotion season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You just described me. Perhaps it is my fault. I want to win every game but don't want the prize. 

Confucius  used to sit and Angle for hours, but using no hook. 

Dylano is Confucius? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'd have to agree with that. I hate the drum but have to admit it's like a graveyard without it. 

It was never consistently good but since Covid it has been consistently bad. I'm not convinced that's solely down to performances on the pitch but I've no idea what else it could be. Other than the fact that Carrow Road has been a closed shop for a long time and we're all just getting old. 

Incidentally, if any of you that hate the drum have ever thought of watching local football, for goodness sake avoid Gorleston matches. 

Yep. I'm painted as a drum-lover on here but i'm not. I've simply endured the atmosphere's this season with and without both home and away and it's the most noticeable difference. I'm not saying that should be the case, I'm not saying it's been that way in the past. But it has this season. And we have a chance for the play-offs. I would rather the drum be there and perhaps instigate some enthusiasm from the crowd rather than waiting for a performance level that is an expectation i'm not sure they can match.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Confucius  used to sit and Angle for hours, but using no hook. 

Dylano is Confucius? 

You've been over there too long and you're getting to clever for your own good 😂

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What did you think of him in general? 

A good sense of humour, charasmatic and certainly talks the talk but as with all of them can he walk the walk ?

Having attending the forum with the previous head coach they are like chalk and cheese when it comes to presence.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I bet you are a great Blackadder fan though.