Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Gunn and Hanley vs Spain

Happy Gilmore bench warming I see. If he's not good enough to start for Scotland, who is he good enough for?

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No chance. He'd be competing with Scholes and Hoddle and Gerrard, Hargreaves,, Gascoigne, Robson, Carrick... oh wait...

Rice and Phillips....

Phillips is rubbish, but he's loads better than Gilmour. Rice is good.

(I like how you omit Bellingham, who is genuinely excellent).

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No chance. He'd be competing with Scholes and Hoddle and Gerrard, Hargreaves,, Gascoigne, Robson, Carrick... oh wait...

Rice and Phillips....

Yeah, just Rice and Phillips.

Oh, and Jude Bellingham, Olly Skipp, Will Hughes, James Ward-Prowse, Sean Longstaff, Joe Willock, Tom Davies, Harvey Elliot, Curtis Jones and Rico Lewis.

Apart from them, he'd DEFINITELY be an England starter.

We've all said stupid things old boy, just own it and move on. No one has ever died on a more futile hill than "Gilmour would walk into the England XI". No one. Ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Olly Skipp, Will Hughes, James Ward-Prowse, Sean Longstaff, Joe Willock, Tom Davies, Harvey Elliot, Curtis Jones and Rico Lewis?

Is that it?

Tottenham reserves, could get relegated, will get relegated, will be replaced when Newcastle begin spending x 2, Everton reserves, Liverpool reserves x 2 and Manchester City reserves.

Not exactly a deep bench.

Don't expect Real Madrid to be on the phone for any of the aforementioned.

I'm not retracting my statement. In fact, I'm doubling down on it.

Once the England midfield dominates the Scotland midfield in a competitive match you can laugh. Certainly didn’t happen in the previous two meetings. When you scored with the last kick of the ball to get a point, then you were once again lucky to get a point.

And at least we don't rely on set pieces to be able to beat teams.

See you in September. 🙂

Must be trolling at this point.

Firstly the statement you're doubling down on is that 'Gilmour would walk into the England midfield' not Gilmour might make the squad as 6th choice central midfield. So the relative ability of Sean Longstaff is largely irrelevent.

All the players you've listed as 'reserves' have played more than Gilmour this season. Ward-Prowse and Hughes may be relegated? Sure. Know who was relegated last season? Billy Gilmour.

Finally, he's not even walking into the Scotland midfield at this point.

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Olly Skipp, Will Hughes, James Ward-Prowse, Sean Longstaff, Joe Willock, Tom Davies, Harvey Elliot, Curtis Jones and Rico Lewis?

Is that it?

Tottenham reserves, could get relegated, will get relegated, will be replaced when Newcastle begin spending x 2, Everton reserves, Liverpool reserves x 2 and Manchester City reserves.

Once the England midfield dominates the Scotland midfield in a competitive match you can laugh. Certainly didn’t happen in the previous two meetings. When you scored with the last kick of the ball to get a point, then you were once again lucky to get a point.

See you in September. 🙂

If you're doubling down on your statement that Gilmour walks into the England XI then every single person on this forum should ignore every opinion you ever give on football.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Is that it?

Once the England midfield dominates the Scotland  midfield in a competitive match you can laugh. Certainly didn’t happen in the previous two meetings. When you scored with the last kick of the ball to get a point, then you were once again lucky to get a point.

See you in September. 🙂

Put down the crack pipe old boy.

You are aware that every player on that list has made more PL appearances this season than your son Billy, except Curtis Jones who has made the same.

And Will Hughes, in a team currently 12th, might get relegated? Wait until you hear about what happened to Gilmour last season.

No offence chap, but in a competitive field, you've won the award for stupidest opinion ever proffered on here. And I'm pretty sure we've had a flat earther.

A good week or so for our International lads; Pukki assists, Hanley/Gunn clean sheets, McLean and Idah appearing. Let's hope this progress and form continues to the weekend for what is an even more important match.

• Like 2

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

A good week or so for our International lads; Pukki assists, Hanley/Gunn clean sheets, McLean and Idah appearing. Let's hope this progress and form continues to the weekend for what is an even more important match.

Don't forget Tzolis scored for Greece last night

... Yes it was the under 21's but still

• Like 1

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, just Rice and Phillips.

Oh, and Jude Bellingham, Olly Skipp, Will Hughes, James Ward-Prowse, Sean Longstaff, Joe Willock, Tom Davies, Harvey Elliot, Curtis Jones and Rico Lewis.

Apart from them, he'd DEFINITELY be an England starter.

We've all said stupid things old boy, just own it and move on. No one has ever died on a more futile hill than "Gilmour would walk into the England XI". No one. Ever.

Only Bellingham would get in the Scotland squad out of that lot and he would be on the bench. 

20 minutes ago, bigjockknew said:

Only Bellingham would get in the Scotland squad out of that lot and he would be on the bench. 

Along with Messi?

24 minutes ago, bigjockknew said:

Trolololol 

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't forget Tzolis scored for Greece last night

... Yes it was the under 21's but still

Just seen his goal on twitter, it was a decent finish to be fair.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

If you're doubling down on your statement that Gilmour walks into the England XI then every single person on this forum should ignore every opinion you ever give on football.

I think you're onto something here....

I'm just reading on a Rangers board that they should get Gunn for a bid of £3m or so in the Summer. Of course they will. We're bound to sell our first choice, now international goalkeeper for just over half what we paid for him when he has 2 years left on his contract. Because we're little old Norwich and they're huge Rangers and they got a steal on Cantwell who couldn't even get on our sub's bench.

Scottish football. One game against Spain's reserves......

6 hours ago, bigjockknew said:

Is Angus Gunn the most capped Norwich born international. If not who is.

I have a horrible feeling it might be Danny Mills…

10 hours ago, Grando said:

I have a horrible feeling it might be Danny Mills…

But can you guess who's the most capped international while playing for us? ..... Drumroll for your pub quiz answer

Mark Bowen who was capped 35 times for Wales while playing for us

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Well,, I wouldn't say zero. They don't just pluck figures from the sky. it's an educated estimation.

Last season Gunn was behind Krul in the pecking order. I would say that £3m is a starting off point.

Are the estimates spot on? No. As a collective, England are worth close to £1bn. The highest value national team in the world

They are based on absolutely nothing as far as I can see.

For example the market value of Jorginho is apparently £35m, despite the fact he moved in January for about a 3rd of that. Similarly their market value for Enzo Fernandez at the start of the season was £15m, he was signed for £121m, Murdryk a similar situation where he was valued at £9m but cost £70m.

You can't put a valuation on a player because the market at the time dictates the value. If someone offered us £3m for Gunn tomorrow I imagine we'd turn it down as we're not selling our first choice keeper for relative peanuts.