Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Boris Johnson on TV

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

At my mother in laws funeral ( that I was not allowed to attend ) only 6 could attend, and those 6 couldn’t even have a tea / coffee in the garden afterwards.

She died from Covid because Hancock thought it ok to release people from hospitals into the care home she was in recovering from a hip operation, without testing. My wife’s family have been asked regularly to join the mass legal action, but have always declined. After just seeing Johnson, they are now reconsidering.

To think I voted for this lying c***.

Quite WBB. My mother died in late January of the first year. Had to wait months before we were allowed to go to the cemetery to spread her ashes. When we did we had to wait outside and be socially distant too. That was after lockdown.

What this man did is so morally bankrupt before you even consider the parliamentary matter. But there are different worlds that apply to different people. The world king plays to different rules. And even the Queen had to obey by the rules (and we all know what happened the night before at Downing Street).

• Like 1

Its sad to read you guys stories. What this egotistical fool did was so bad and it makes me angry that all that this circus is about is whether he misled parliament. You cannot say lied. Only misled. And unless Sunak can rally the Tories who no longer have a use for Johnson, he will get a rebuke and maybe a short suspension.

At the same time as he was lying to the Committee, he had voted against Sunak's deal. He has no other thought other than blame someone else for everything that happened during his tenure.

And how can anyone prove against him when he still maintains he did nothing wrong. It cannot beproved one way or the other unless the committee can get evidence that he lied during the committee meeting today.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

If he is now lying under oath its purjury...serious offence.

I think there is no doubt he was lying through his teeth. They were sayingbto him how hard he worked and we all know that is also an exaggeration. He didn't go to cobra meetings and spent a lot of time at Chequers. 

I sat there tonight trying to recollect so much of that period, like hospitals running out of oxygen, staff not having PPE, and all the concerns for the staff at hospitals and care homes, supermarket staff keeping us in food, and at the same time this git was saying the parties were work events.

I hate the man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think there is no doubt he was lying through his teeth. They were sayingbto him how hard he worked and we all know that is also an exaggeration. He didn't go to cobra meetings and spent a lot of time at Chequers. 

I sat there tonight trying to recollect so much of that period, like hospitals running out of oxygen, staff not having PPE, and all the concerns for the staff at hospitals and care homes, supermarket staff keeping us in food, and at the same time this git was saying the parties were work events.

I hate the man.

I have a feeling that the whole country is suffering from a form of collective PTSD. It was a harrowing experience and, a bit like a war, covid and lockdown are subjects that people want to forget. I'm not sure that the public wants to hear about it and to a certain extent that may let Johnson off the hook. 

The thing that disappointed me was that I didn't think the Select Committee did particularly well. There were glaring inconsistences in Johnson's answers. At one point he claimed not to see the problem with gatherings indoors but later said that another gathering was held outdoors because it was safer. And throughout he claimed that leaving parties were essential. That's obviously nonsense. I probably attended a hundred of them over the years and it may make me sound a bit miserable but I always found them a nuisance (apart from retirements). But the Committee never really hammered home the inconsistency, perhaps because they took turns as opposed to leaving it to the one guy who was head and shoulders above the rest. 

Early on in precedings one of the committee suggested that if Johnson had made that statement in the Commons there would have been no need for the hearing but that point was never really bottomed out. And I may have missed it, but did anyone ask what struggling businesses were doing at the time when their staff left. Were they ignoring the rules and having a knees up? 

I'm not convinced they did enough and I certainly don't think we've heard the last of Johnson. 

From a comment piece in one of today's papers: "The cults of Boris and Brexit are simultaneously imploding". 

Typical Guardian, telling their readership what they want to hear?  No, it's the Telegraph. 

Whatever the outcome of the Select Committee, Johnson is finished.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

From a comment piece in one of today's papers: "The cults of Boris and Brexit are simultaneously imploding". 

Typical Guardian, telling their readership what they want to hear?  No, it's the Telegraph. 

Whatever the outcome of the Select Committee, Johnson is finished.

I hope so but I'm afraid he would still get more votes than Sunak and the Conservative Party knows that. 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I hope so but I'm afraid he would still get more votes than Sunak and the Conservative Party knows that. 

They wheeled out Smug Rees Mogg to answer not only Johnson, but the vote yesterday. The unflappable prat kept waffling on about work events and necessary for the PM to be there and he didn't actually eat cake. Usual obfuscation to hide the fact that the Johnson era was cremated yesterday with the opposition voting with his competitor Rishi and Harman leaving us in no uncertain terms that she knows Johnson is a lying bustard.

Our business went to the wall during Covid and those working for us didn't have a pish up and leaving do. They reluctantly found other jobs. That was the fcuking necessity.

I would much rather yesterday's meeting had been like the Spanish Inquisition than another chance for the biggest **** who ever achieved power to pretend people  believe him.

There is talk that Sunak can't lead the Tories into an election fight and they will need Johnson to have a chance of winning. What a load of rubbish. He is finished. People can see through him.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would much rather yesterday's meeting had been like the Spanish Inquisition than another chance for the biggest **** who ever achieved power to pretend people  believe him.

Don't worry KG. When they report they'll all be wearing black caps on their heads 😉

The trouble with Johnson is that he lies so often to everybody including himself that he's lost sight of any and all truths.

• Like 1

My grandad (who was more of a father to me - long story) passed during lock-down from cancer and there were only a handful of us allowed at the funeral and no get together after wards. 

Was so difficult trying to choose which family members should/could go etc. 

Then the other side of it all was: because of certain guidelines in place in the hospitals, I was sat in a room on my own for hours waiting to find out if I had cancer or not - was then told that yes at 28 years old, I had cancer and I had then sit there on my own (my missus in the car and my mum and Nan at their homes waiting for news) as none were aloud in with me... I was then left alone with this information for however long because of these guidelines - where all I needed/wanted was for someone to be there with me. 

2 years on and I remember the feeling like it was yesterday and it's something I will never ever forget and will never forgive. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Thanks 3

And just a reminder that this was the person who ran the country for that short turbulent period.

Here he is about to run to his car (20m away).

IMG_20230324_103319.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Herman said:

It was so funny watching it.

Then the audience were asked who thinks after this Boris could make a comeback. 1 person put their hand up, but when asked his reasons, he basically said because he’s a worm and gets around everything.

The guy also who told the Tory MP, if you can’t answer the question, just keep your gob shut.

You must also remember this audience were made up of a sizeable number, that voted Tory for the first time in the last election. Several who spoke said they didn’t vote Tory to get the Tories in but voted that way to keep Corbin out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's a dirty job WBB, but someone has to watch it. 😉

Lol

Probably the wrong thread for this but has anyone noticed since the budget the FTSE has nosedived, down nearly 2% again today.

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Nadine begs to differ! 😅

Friday Night with Nadine, every Friday” - someone has discovered the eighth circle of hell.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Lol

Probably the wrong thread for this but has anyone noticed since the budget the FTSE has nosedived, down nearly 2% again today.

I have some dollars to sell again. I'm doing my little rain dance now 😉

Edited by Yellow Fever
So far so good today !

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

It was so funny watching it.

Then the audience were asked who thinks after this Boris could make a comeback. 1 person put their hand up, but when asked his reasons, he basically said because he’s a worm and gets around everything.

The guy also who told the Tory MP, if you can’t answer the question, just keep your gob shut.

You must also remember this audience were made up of a sizeable number, that voted Tory for the first time in the last election. Several who spoke said they didn’t vote Tory to get the Tories in but voted that way to keep Corbin out.

This is what people fail to understand. In 1997, all the pundits and polls said hung Parliament. And it was a landslide Labour victory. Just like the first post WWII election.

The last election was not Johnson's charisma. It was Brexit and Corbyn. Now they are saying that in their words ConLab inak s narrowing the gap and will win the next election.

The people have had enough of lies, fraud, corruption, favours, manslaughter and greed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

This is what people fail to understand. In 1997, all the pundits and polls said hung Parliament. And it was a landslide Labour victory. Just like the first post WWII election.

The last election was not Johnson's charisma. It was Brexit and Corbyn. Now they are saying that in their words ConLab inak s narrowing the gap and will win the next election.

The people have had enough of lies, fraud, corruption, favours, manslaughter and greed.

To be fair had it not been for Johnson and my MP’s lies I could probably have switched back and voted for Sunak, but because of their lies I want them out, simples.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 16:43, Well b back said:

At my mother in laws funeral ( that I was not allowed to attend ) only 6 could attend, and those 6 couldn’t even have a tea / coffee in the garden afterwards.

She died from Covid because Hancock thought it ok to release people from hospitals into the care home she was in recovering from a hip operation, without testing. My wife’s family have been asked regularly to join the mass legal action, but have always declined. After just seeing Johnson, they are now reconsidering.

To think I voted for this lying c***.

Nowt wrong with admitting it. Snake-oil salesmen rely on blinding decent folk to advance their agendas.

42 minutes ago, ricardo said:

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/polls-and-british-general-election-1997

No mate. You have misremembered that. The polls weren't even close, Labour had maintained a big lead for a long time.

Originally, the forecast was a Labour win in Parliament but as the election got closer, the polls revealed something else. But it was expected that disaffected Tories would vote LibDem. And that had Labour with a lead originally but only to Govern with the help of others by the time the election got nearer. 

Of course our FPTP showed that percentages mean nothing.