Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Boris Johnson on TV

BJ is live on TV on Wednesday at 2.00pm. He's being questioned by a select committee regarding the allegation that he misled parliament on a number of occasions. I suspect that Sunak will be watching with interest. 

• Like 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

BJ is live on TV on Wednesday at 2.00pm. He's being questioned by a select committee regarding the allegation that he misled parliament on a number of occasions. I suspect that Sunak will be watching with interest. 

If you can't find this on you EPG just search for "I will lie to you".

• Haha 2

On 19/03/2023 at 13:01, keelansgrandad said:

He has announced he has something of proof to provide to the committee.

Something to do with a pizza restaurant in Woking. 

• Haha 1

Is he going to cry that a live on TV public character execution is a cruel and unusual punishment ? How sad, never-mind.

No doubt he will see this as an opportunity to renact Cincinnatus suppression of the Plebs (us) and return to his farm or as we would call it, money making schemes.

Well, if it's a Budd Dwyer moment that would become the number one video on YouTube.

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

When I read the thread title I just thought of this.

Haha! Yes, same here Raptor, but you beat me to it!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Trump Tuesday, Boris Wednesday, Putin Thursday? That would be an exciting week!

All three up against the wall would be even better.

• Like 1

I, Boris Johnson, do solemnly declare that what is in the dossier – the dossier which is mine – shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. (So help me God, let’s hope there isn’t one, or I’m a goner). Yes, I know this is a first.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

There may be more to come but the word beforehand from Johnson's "friends" was that he had been told by officials the parties were within the law. So far his statement is only saying no officals told him they were not.

• Like 1

The Committee has already established that he set the rules so has no excuse that he didn't know. Of course he is saying he knew the rules but was told by advisers that the gatherings were within those rules. He has even made the ridiculous assertion that the pictures were taken by the official photographer so they would hardly allow that if they were breaking the rules.

I hope that straw is dry because he is sinking.

For democracy's sake the book needs to be thrown at him and hard. I do fear his Teflon abilities will save the **** again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

For democracy's sake the book needs to be thrown at him and hard. I do fear his Teflon abilities will save the **** again. 

I agree.  Not just for breaching covid rules but also for lying through his teeth.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

The f****r probably will get away. Yet somehow the outcome of the Privileges Committee is maybe still not the fall from grace I had felt was an appropriate one for this 'eternal child'. It depends on the sanctions.

I think a bigger fall may come for him in the future. Just don't know when he will land to earth.

Whatever one thinks of Sunak and his views he appears to be trying to tackle a few issues (even though the ERG and DUP will vote against his Windsor agreement). Johnson never seemed to be a serious leader for the country but certainly he has delusions about himself - in his own mind. That has become clearer. Wish he would keep those thoughts to himself however.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

There may be more to come but the word beforehand from Johnson's "friends" was that he had been told by officials the parties were within the law. So far his statement is only saying no officals told him they were not.

It seems Johnson is saying he had assurances from officials that these parties were not parties, but actually more like mainly just one official, and that was the head of communications who was organising quite a few of these parties...

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, if that argument is successful, can I request that no one tells me it would be illegal to punch Boris Johnson in the face. At least until I’ve had a few tries.

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If he is suspended for 10 days, it will make no difference. He is never there much anyway.

BBC reported today that Johnson is thinking of a political comeback. At no point did they mention he is actually still an MP. I despair 

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't we just have the bouffant-haired cretin shot and be done with it?

I'm not a violent man,

but I'm open to persuasion.

(Big apologies to Joan.😁)

I think I'm going to kidnap him and Kevin Muscat. Put them in a room together and let muscat do what he does best 

• Haha 1

Is this guy representing Boris by any chance?

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant” ― Alan Greenspan

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It seems Johnson is saying he had assurances from officials that these parties were not parties, but actually more like mainly just one official, and that was the head of communications who was organising quite a few of these parties...

He said in parliament in December 2020 that officials gave him assurances retrospectively.  "Yes, Prime Minister" springs to mind.

PS. Apparently the dodgy dossier had to be returned for correction to numerous typos before it could be published.  Boris never could be bothered with detail.

Edited by benchwarmer