Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Idah- "It's down to me now.."

Wasn't there something in the media in the past year or so about him being a 'joint-compromised' athlete? Naturally I hope he stays fit and takes his chance, but it might be worth getting Abu Kamara training with the first team if we haven't already. I don't think Tzolis would be able to play as a 9, so if Idah does pick up a knock it'd be worth having the option a young lad who's scoring for fun in the ressies... just a thought.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wasn't there something in the media in the past year or so about him being a 'joint-compromised' athlete? Naturally I hope he stays fit and takes his chance, but it might be worth getting Abu Kamara training with the first team if we haven't already. I don't think Tzolis would be able to play as a 9, so if Idah does pick up a knock it'd be worth having the option a young lad who's scoring for fun in the ressies... just a thought.

Quite the opposite for me, I think Tzolis looks more like a number 9 to me. We haven’t seen anything like a player in Tzolis, there’s no doubt about that but I’m convinced there’s a serious player in there but right now his confidence appears to be shot to pieces. I may be wrong, but he strikes me as somebody who just hasn’t been able to settle, as though he doesn’t feel part of things. The challenge is how does Wagner release the player in him.

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Quite the opposite for me, I think Tzolis looks more like a number 9 to me. We haven’t seen anything like a player in Tzolis, there’s no doubt about that but I’m convinced there’s a serious player in there but right now his confidence appears to be shot to pieces. I may be wrong, but he strikes me as somebody who just hasn’t been able to settle, as though he doesn’t feel part of things. The challenge is how does Wagner release the player in him.

Looking at his Wiki page, he only scored 6 in 42 games in the Greek league for PAOK... although it does say he scored 19 in 23 for their U19 side, so he clearly knows how to finish. If Wagner thinks he's capable of playing as a 9 then of course he should be appearing ahead of Kamara given the amount we spent on him.

When you look at his goals and  assists on YouTube (I know but it’s all we really have), the thing that strikes me most, is he looks happy and his body language is so different. When I see him at Carrow Road, he looks sad, fearful almost and I’m convinced that’s the problem that needs to be addressed. We have to find a way to put a smile on his face and allow him mistakes and to get back to playing with enjoyment and no fear. 

As for Idah, I really don’t know what to make of him. He looks a beast one minute and disinterested the next. Strange one.

• Like 1

When our subs warmed up for the first time during the match yesterday there was applause for Gibbs and Nunez when they approached the away end, but nothing for Tzolis that I noticed. I don't think our fans have really warmed to him which possibly doesn't help his mood.

I used the word enigma yesterday. He has all the attributes but little heart from what I can see. Give him Holt's heart and we could be selling him for a fortune. 

Ability is only good if you have the desire with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

When our subs warmed up for the first time during the match yesterday there was applause for Gibbs and Nunez when they approached the away end, but nothing for Tzolis that I noticed. I don't think our fans have really warmed to him which possibly doesn't help his mood.

Blaming the fans? Alright Dean, calm down

With Josh and Teemu out for Tuesday we need 2 strikers, one to play alongside Adam, and one on the bench. 

Time to give the youth a chance? The club talks a lot about the Academy but don't seem to get the youngsters into the 1st team. From these comments on here,  maybe Tzolis will play centrally, but we could still do with a striker on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

With Josh and Teemu out for Tuesday we need 2 strikers, one to play alongside Adam, and one on the bench. 

Time to give the youth a chance? The club talks a lot about the Academy but don't seem to get the youngsters into the 1st team. From these comments on here,  maybe Tzolis will play centrally, but we could still do with a striker on the bench. 

In the last five years we've had Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell, Godfrey, Omobamidele, Idah and now Gibbs coming through. 

If they're good enough, they'll bet the chance. If they don't get the chance, it means they're not deemed ready. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

He definitely looks like a number 9

A number 9 from the Chinese restaurant, my big fat Greek footballer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

A number 9 from the Chinese restaurant, my big fat Greek footballer.

Number 9 is a starter on most menus...  I think he's a way off that right now. 🙂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Number 9 is a starter on most menus...  I think he's a way off that right now. 🙂

It’s a family platter I reckon lol

On 19/02/2023 at 09:04, Feedthewolf said:

Looking at his Wiki page, he only scored 6 in 42 games in the Greek league for PAOK... although it does say he scored 19 in 23 for their U19 side, so he clearly knows how to finish. If Wagner thinks he's capable of playing as a 9 then of course he should be appearing ahead of Kamara given the amount we spent on him.

17 in 57 in all comps for PAOK though which sounds much better.

I'd rather Idah had said "It's UP to me" as opposed to It's DOWN to me" - that indicates how he sees himself and the situation. Sounds like he's saddling himself with self-imposed pressure. Not going to find 'flow state' performance with that kind of self-talk is he? 

I'd love to see Tzolis play a central attacking role tonight; always figured he was recruited as a trainee Pukki and now seems an ideal time to give him a start.

Marquinhos sweeping in from the right with pace and crossing high for Idah or cutting back low for Tzolis could be productive...

I'd rather see Kamara given a chance as a central striker before Tzolis gets in there

It seems more logical to try our prolific U23 striker first, before trying Tzolis out of position. Although he doesn't seem an out and out winger, he could still play as part of a front 3 behind a central striker

It's about time Hernandez stepped up to the mark. He's one of the more 'senior' players in terms of his time with the club. 

We need an end product from him, crosses for Idah, get behind the last man and ping in the ball back to arriving midfield players. Get your head up lad, stop looking at your feet!

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's about time Hernandez stepped up to the mark. He's one of the more 'senior' players in terms of his time with the club. 

We need an end product from him, crosses for Idah, get behind the last man and ping in the ball back to arriving midfield players. Get your head up lad, stop looking at your feet!

Odd to single out Hernandez. He's been the one consistent bright spark in attack, and the only player who can create something out of nothing. If our strikers could finish consistently, he'd have a lot more assists to his name. 

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Well in less than 5 hours 45 mins before Adam steps up to the plate and does the biz....Here's Hoping....

He will rip the shirt apart like Hulk Hogan used to and thrust out his chest under the nose of John Ruddy and snort like a raging bull.