Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

How many others are reluctantly renewing...

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This has become a brilliant pink un thread with great points being made. 

NN's stamp of approval! 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

An interesting statistic. With Receipts in Advance in the Accounts of over £13 million, a little hard to understand but maybe there is something else included in the latter.

The renewal slip received in the post with renewal dates doesn't mention the option of paying monthly which suggests that the Club, whilst still providing that option, is deflecting attention away from it.

I pay mine yearly,  I suggest you read the back of the letter, where it offers the monthly interest free option.

It also states 14000 fans currently benefit from this option.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

or, more accurately, as though we are one of the thirty or so clubs aspiring to be in the PL, which is what we are. NCFC is hardly alone in that. Indeed, if we didn't we would have no chance of realising that aspiration.

Perhaps and that does reflect the huge cultural challenges the Club faces. There is an almost inevitable conflict between a Community Club and a Premier League one. Only exceptional performance in all aspects will deliver both. The likes of Brentford and Burnley could be on the same page though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I pay mine yearly,  I suggest you read the back of the letter, where it offers the monthly interest free option.

Thanks. Good information.

I am puzzled as to why they then publish the attached which has nothing other than a ground plan on the back and to which I was referring.

20230203_200643.jpg

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks. Good information.

I am puzzled as to why they then publish the attached which has nothing other than a ground plan on the back and to which I was referring.

20230203_200643.jpg

Because not everyone has been going as long as others, so may not know stand names etc. Think if someone is buying a ST for a gift for their child scenario.  Yes these are for renewals but its a one size fits all document, thus saving costs.

What would you think makes more sense to have on the reverse?

Bigger picture again.

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Because not everyone has been going as long as others, so may not know stand names etc. Think if someone is buying a ST for a gift for their child scenario.  Yes these are for renewals but its a one size fits all document, thus saving costs.

What would you think makes more sense to have on the reverse?

Bigger picture again.

I am guessing then, that in a sense, there is a loyalty bonus because a first time buyer can presumably only acquire at the right hand side of the price list whereas renewals will tend to be done at the considerably lower March 14 price including the DD option? 

I take back my point about money upfront because clearly the bigger picture does need to take on board 70% of season ticket holders paying by DD.

It still leaves the point about whether an intermediate solution between season ticket and members is required to facilitate and support some people's different modern world preferences.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Please stop pointing out where the Club has acted in a decent fashion. It really doesnt fit  the Ethics Canary agenda. You are bringing up inconvenient truths...he wont handle it well.  

• Haha 1

Cathedral Lounge malingerer so it's £896.00 for me (no concessions) if I renew before March 15th....Nice....

If and when I reach 65 I may relocate to the South Stand J,N or O area....a saving of £178.00 that's a few ales in the Spoons....Nicer....

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am guessing then, that in a sense, there is a loyalty bonus because a first time buyer can presumably only acquire at the right hand side of the price list whereas renewals will tend to be done at the considerably lower March 14 price including the DD option? 

I take back my point about money upfront because clearly the bigger picture does need to take on board 70% of season ticket holders paying by DD.

It still leaves the point about whether an intermediate solution between season ticket and members is required to facilitate and support some people's different modern world preferences.

My understanding is you have to be on the waiting list to purchase,  obviously.  And will need to wait for the renewal window to close before seats become available for purchase. Ie those that don't renew.

If people advise the club they aren't renewing in advance I assume these become available for sale prior to the deadlines. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Please stop pointing out where the Club has acted in a decent fashion. It really doesnt fit  the Ethics Canary agenda. You are bringing up inconvenient truths...he wont handle it well.  

I am quite prepared to be fair minded. They may handle some things well. It could well be that I will say they have handled the ownership transfer superbly in the final analysis?

@Mello Yello posting above still demonstrates a point about treatment of loyal customers that could benefit from improvement.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

l. It could well be that I will say they have handled the ownership transfer superbly in the final analysis?

And im sure they'll sleep much better for your approval.  Is there no limit to your ego ? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

The question is, how many are reluctantly going tonight? 

Just starting out from Birmingham. Decided last night wouldn’t bother, but we had said to our son ( who is working tonight ) we would drop some flowers off to his girlfriend in Norwich, so going after all.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

An interesting statistic. With Receipts in Advance in the Accounts of over £13 million, a little hard to understand but maybe there is something else included in the latter.

The renewal slip received in the post with renewal dates doesn't mention the option of paying monthly which suggests that the Club, whilst still providing that option, is deflecting attention away from it.

My season ticket is on auto renew and has been for many years therefore i only have to inform the club if i wish to cancel that option. I have received a letter from the club checking that my details are correct including bank details and stating the dates and amount that will be collected from March onwards.

You are obviously not on auto renew as you don't pay so i can assure you there is no hidden agenda from the club. If you wish to be added to auto renew i am sure Danny Casey will be absolutely delighted for you to get in touch with him.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My understanding is you have to be on the waiting list to purchase,  obviously.  And will need to wait for the renewal window to close before seats become available for purchase. Ie those that don't renew.

If people advise the club they aren't renewing in advance I assume these become available for sale prior to the deadlines. 

I think the last paragraph is true and they also allow transfers between friends. That suggests that some first time buyers get low prices and some higher prices. That seems nuts.

Perhaps first time buyers could be charged more? Prestige golf clubs tend to do it and it could be seen as a loyalty concession. Such a logic surely has to be consistently applied. otherwise it is unfair. 

Unfairness doesn't seem to be a problem for them at times.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This has become a brilliant pink un thread with great points being made. 

For me the difference now is expectations seem to have replaced dreams. Supporters used to look forward to a season and dream 'this could be the year we are promoted'. Now it's 'anything less than auto will be failure'. We'd go to a game thinking 'this could be the day it all clicks and we'll hammer them'. Now hammering them is an expectation.

Of course there's disappointment when dreams don't happen just as there is when expectations aren't met. But with the latter the disappointment is more bitter. It comes with the added hurt of believing we somehow deserve better.

A look at where other clubs are in the league tables and our history show that football really is cyclical. Dreams or expectations aren't usually the reality.

I think this is undoubtedly true for some who are struggling with their renewal, but not many. Most of these "reluctant renewers" have been through countless seasons where their expectations have not been met but have enthusiastically renewed come February/March time. Not this time. It's simplistic to simply put it down to our current position in the football league structure.

On another note, I have cancelled my Pink Un subscription. I am fed up of the app not recognising my details and bad request nonsense.

Only 2 quid but less irritation in my life!

21 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

If I was to put myself on the waiting list now what are the chances of getting a season ticket for next season?

I would hazard a guess at reasonably good. There will always be some churn and while there is a waiting list it has been suggested on here that it is not currently huge.My assumption will be it depends on how many seats you want together, and how flexible you are about where you sit.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think this is undoubtedly true for some who are struggling with their renewal, but not many. Most of these "reluctant renewers" have been through countless seasons where their expectations have not been met but have enthusiastically renewed come February/March time. Not this time. It's simplistic to simply put it down to our current position in the football league structure.

Indeed there are lots of external pressures that have a bearing. Not least financial pressures.

But to stay simplistic if we were in the top two and unbeaten at home since October we wouldn't be hearing about them. The Pink Un article makes it plain that although the change in manager was the original reason now its the players. 

The real reason is that results are disappointing meaning expectations aren't being met. 

27 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

If I was to put myself on the waiting list now what are the chances of getting a season ticket for next season?

Ring the ticket office? 

Ive had to give my ticket away again tonight. Unfortunately still out of action with post Covid chest infection.

Its dragging on a bit now.😥

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ive had to give my ticket away again tonight. Unfortunately still out of action with post Covid chest infection.

We will miss your report then R. But better to rest and hopefully recuperate very soon.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Hope it clears up soon Rickyyyyy 🤞🙏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My season ticket is on auto renew and has been for many years therefore i only have to inform the club if i wish to cancel that option. I have received a letter from the club checking that my details are correct including bank details and stating the dates and amount that will be collected from March onwards.

You are obviously not on auto renew as you don't pay so i can assure you there is no hidden agenda from the club. If you wish to be added to auto renew i am sure Danny Casey will be absolutely delighted for you to get in touch with him.

Thanks Tilly. Having reached a different arrangement with Ben Kensell re my own seats in an abortive effort to ensure that my late friends money was treated with the same respect as mine, I have always been a bit weary about the arrangement. To be fair to Danny, he has handled things excellently in relation to myself.

Looks like I will be doing as you recommend from the season after next.

If you get the look in on the OSP,  I hope you can take forward some of the issues raised here. I suspect McNally was the chief culprit but the current senior management regime with it's substantial rewards hasn't exactly been proactive in looking at the issues.

57 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hope it clears up soon Rickyyyyy 🤞🙏

I'm looking at the Cardiff game now Nutty. Me and Mrs R are both slowly recovering. Dylanisabadog told me it hangs on a bit and he was certainly correct.

The club has taken up an idea from the Canaries Trust to help fans who otherwise could not afford to see to a home game:

"Season ticket Donation Scheme:

"If you’re a season ticket holder and you are unable to attend a home league fixture, you can now choose to donate your ticket to charity. To do this, please email: donatemyticket@canaries.co.uk or, call the Ticket Office on 01603 721902 (option 1) and provide your supporter number, area, row and seat number and the game you are unable to attend, a minimum of two working days before the fixture date. Your ticket will then be offered out to the Norfolk Community Foundation’s Nourishing Norfolk network.

"Tickets are then distributed through their Nourishing Norfolk network which we have already seen in action with tickets distributed by the Club through nine of the charity’s food hubs for the Blackburn Rovers and Reading fixtures in December, as part of the EFL’s ‘Together – Supporting Communities’ campaign."

Renewing while I am still fortunate enough to afford it. No question.

Said it on here before. Whatever happens, happens. Good times, bad times, it's all part of the story of our club.

For every Wembley win, there is a 6-1 tanking at Port Vale in the pi55ing rain. That's what makes it interesting.

It would be boring and a huge weight of expectation to expect to win every week, every season.

I like having a couple of hours of live football to watch and take the reflected glory (or disappointment) my local club brings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

If you just want one and don’t care where - I would say you will get one . 

When home games are played on Valentines night there are plenty of places to sit.

Maybe football clubs don't like money at all?