Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Fewest goals conceded from set pieces in the Championship

When you consider one of those two goals was the dreadful one v WBA, we’ve otherwise been pretty good.  Much less so attacking wise but I suppose we aren’t blessed with guys who can get on the end of things -it’s a bit of a knack…I do think we should mix them up more.

15 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Is AR the set piece coach for both attack and defence, anyone know?

Thinking back now, wasn't there a teachers strike on 'set piece attack day'?

• Haha 1

Many of our goals conceded are from stupid self inflicted mistakes ,often through playing out from the back.

I fear the recalling of Krul will only add to that. He takes more unessessary risks that Gunn just doesnt

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

19 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Thinking back now, wasn't there a teachers strike on 'set piece attack day'?

Certainly on attacking corners practice.

44 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Many of our goals conceded are from stupid self inflicted mistakes ,often through playing out from the back.

I fear the recalling of Krul will only add to that. He takes more unessessary risks that Gunn just doesnt

I mean our conceded goals per game went up under Gunn. Not saying that he was the problem but it suggests Krul's risks didnt lead do that many goals

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean our conceded goals per game went up under Gunn. Not saying that he was the problem but it suggests Krul's risks didnt lead do that many goals

No, just more soiled underpants 😱

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Statistics ...  Probably just means we didn't get close enough to give away free kicks and corners earlier in the season ... 🤔😉

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

No, just more soiled underpants 😱

Are you suggesting it’s been possible to come away from our games this season without soiled underpants? 😐

• Haha 1

Maybe we’re not being much of a threat with set pieces, but I think bringing a set piece coach in has certainly helped. In the past few seasons we have been incredibly vulnerable to set pieces, and so to now be the team with the least goals conceded is a huge improvement. Hopefully this coach will be able to make us more of a threat from set pieces as well

On 01/02/2023 at 21:35, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...and there we are.

A good day for Angus Gunn

By the look of it we are still top of that table, if with it sounding rather hollow after two set-piece concessions in a game.  My biggest concern has always been attack-wise, it has been an issue for many a season.

On 01/02/2023 at 23:20, hogesar said:

But only because of the failure of our opponents to take advantage. As soon as we hit decent opponents, they do.

Today's howler followed similar errors in both the Preston and Coventry games (which were not punished, so everyone soon forgot them). Every player will make the occasional error, but what bugs me about Krul is that he seems to make no effort whatsoever to learn from his mistakes. This week I watched a few of the highlights from our earlier promotions. And guess what, Krul was making exactly the same mistakes several years ago as he is now. He has learned zilch and changed zilch.

For me, an overrated goalkeeper who makes a lot of noise but is an accident waiting to happen. I read somewhere that he is our highest earner. Get rid, play the less charismatic but also less erratic Gunn, have one of our promising young keepers as back-up, and save a lot of money.

Edited by canarybubbles

I love TK but todays performance was horrendous. The pass from the goal kick was the sort of thing you see once a season in the whole league. It wasn’t a fluffed kick it was a rush of blood. And he looked awful from a few shots , as if Roberto Carlos had hit the ball! 
Seriously bad . 

On 02/02/2023 at 10:06, Nuff Said said:

Are you suggesting it’s been possible to come away from our games this season without soiled underpants? 😐

Norwich City branded adult diapers might be a winner...

32 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Norwich City branded adult diapers might be a winner...

I think there’s a Pink Un forum custom version of these:

45245F30-BCD6-48FF-BD68-E0A0FDC01FDE.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 01/02/2023 at 18:48, Pyro Pete said:

This is along come Norwich brought to life.

Edited by Ulfotto