Sign in to follow this  
TheGunnShow

This should go down well...

Hes hated. Slated. Often overrated.. 

But he puts in a shift, gets on with it and never complains and I respect that. And he's been picked as a starter by three managers now so has to be something in it that keeps getting him picked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hes hated. Slated. Often overrated.. 

But he puts in a shift, gets on with it and never complains and I respect that. And he's been picked as a starter by three managers now so has to be something in it that keeps getting him picked.

Think you might mean "underrated". Agree totally with the second para.

Three managers can be wrong and anyway this is not a forum for manager's opinions.

** This is not my opinion just trying to be helpful to others.

🙃

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Deserved for his last two games, closely by Aarons in my book.

His last two games were in January.

(Add that to being helpful to others)

🙃

• Like 1

I've never been one of those who gets on McLean's back. I've constantly said he's more than good enough for where we are and I can see what he offers. But he's rarely played as well before as he has in the last 2 games. He's had the odd colossal game, the win v Man City stands out as well as when he scored twice v Bristol in his first season, but the difference for me is that he's playing a different role in the team now which suits him so well and has been motm twice in a row. He was never going to suit the extremely passive, slow, languid football of Dean Smith and he's not technically good enough to really excel consistently in a Farke team but I think he's going to be a revelation in a Wagner team where workrate is such a key component. 

• Like 1

I've always been ridiculed for defending Kenny which is odd when you consider my thoughts are in-line with an ever-increasing line of hugely experienced managers and coaches.

One manager and one set of coaches? Yeah, could just be a coincidence. Maybe they knew each other and were friends. And maybe that friendship is more important than the managers entire career, if he's willing to put that at risk just to be mates with Kenny.

A second manager and a Premier League winning coach? Hmmm, starting to consider that maybe Kenny isn't as bad as made out on forums by those with zero credible footballing experience (putting myself in that category by the way). But maybe this is just a super, super weird coincidence, and the interim coaches will see right through him...

WTF?! Now Russel and Weaver have picked him too! Well, Russel was just a mate of Deano's anywa....Oh wait, he wasn't? Well either way, he was rubbish so who cares.

At least Wagner is in charge now. He likes to play entertaining, high pressing football. No way Kenny gets in a Wagner midfield. Oh...what? He did? And we won 4-0 and he was MOTM? 

There's always been split opinions on players but Kenny's has to be one of the most bizarre this fanbase has ever had. Not a Premier League midfielder but in this division, he walks into most sides. 

It was only earlier in the week there was a poster who'll remain nameless for now, who's hatred of Kenny is such that he just blank refused to accept he was POTM last weekend. Instead he was too busy talking about terrified he was at the concept of Kenny playing another match for us....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

His last two games were in January.

(Add that to being helpful to others)

🙃

Indeed but they were all bloody rubbish during part December so it really isn’t worth much! But certainly on course to win it this month, playing very well under Wagner and deserves the credit.

If someone can remind us what kenny has cost us, how many games he's been unavailable for, how much trouble he's  caused while here and how many managers have picked him. I reckon it works out as decent value for money. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If someone can remind us what kenny has cost us, how many games he's been unavailable for, how much trouble he's  caused while here and how many managers have picked him. I reckon it works out as decent value for money. 

Wasn't it £200K or summat like that?

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Wasn't it £200K or summat like that?

Yup, i had 350 k in mind but either way hes not the problem.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looking a good shout for POTS as well.

I actually predicted this at the beginning of the season. I thought he'd play something of the 'Hourihane' role for Smith. Ironically he's much closer to playing that role now than he ever was under Smith.

Edited by KeiranShikari